Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > TV & Movie Talk

TV & Movie Talk Is there another TV show, besides Who's the Boss?, that you enjoy watching? See a good movie recently? Talk about it here!

Also, use this forum to announce an upcoming television/movie/stage appearance that a cast/guest member has appeared in.

Unread 03-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
angie1379
WTB? Expert

Castle

Has anyone seen the new show Castle? For a crime drama, it's absolutely hysterical and is very reminiscent of Moonlighting. There is oozing sexual tension, and Nathan Fillian (besides being very hot) pulls off being arrogant, cocky, lovable, funny and a great father. There have only been three episodes, but all of them have been awesome. I highly recommend it!

ANGELA: But Tony, the best times of my life are with you.
angie1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
angie1379
WTB? Expert

Okay, I can't resist asking again if anyone has seen this show. I haven't seen this much chemistry and sexual tension on-screen since, oh, maybe 1992.

Here's the link to last night's episode. If you don't have the time (or inclination) to watch it all, just skip to the last two minutes and you'll see what I mean. Or better yet, watch from minute 23:50 to about 27:30 for a real treat. Then, if you're really into comparison shopping, watch the beach scene (4 minutes in) from "In Search of Tony" to compare the sparks that fly between Tony and Angela and Castle and Beckett.

I can honestly say I haven't been this hooked on a show since Who's the Boss? or possibly "Lois and Clark," which, predictably enough, exhibited the same explosive dynamic between the main characters.

Last edited by angie1379; 10-20-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Unread 10-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
murphy7295
WTB? Expert

I like Castle but find it hard to stay awake (after having been up until 11 Sunday night watching Brothers & Sisters)

I'll have to do a catch-up on abc.com one Sunday afternoon soon. The good thing about doing it that way is no commercials and I can get through 2 episodes in about 80 minutes.

Also, my sister likes the show so much she ordered "Richard Castle's" book "Heat Wave" on Amazon. That gave my niece and I a good laugh as we reminded her he wasn't real.
murphy7295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
I can honestly say I haven't been this hooked on a show since Who's the Boss? or possibly "Lois and Clark," which, predictably enough, exhibited the same explosive dynamic between the main characters.
Wow, that says a lot. I've never seen an episode. I don't even know if it's a new show or not...is it? New this season, I mean? I hope so, because then I can catch up on it without too much fuss. (I like to see shows from the beginning so I know the whole story).

I did see an interesting preview last night during Dancing with the Stars. It looked like possibly the clip you might be referring to, and I did have a passing thought wondering if that looked like a show I would like and should be watching. I'll have to check it out, and maybe try to catch up.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #5
jmar
WTB? Expert

Instead of "Castle" I've been watching "The Good Wife" - I've always liked Julianne Margulies & Chris Noth, but everyone I've talked to has really liked "Castle", enough to 'buy the book'
jmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
angie1379
WTB? Expert

Yes, Castle is pretty new. It premiered in March and ran 13 episodes last season, then picked up a full season this year. So you're only down about 18-19 episodes, most of which are on Surf the Channel.

And yes, in my opinion, it really is just that good. My sister thought it was corny though and wasn't impressed. Basically, it a crime procedural with far more comic elements than you'd ever see on CSI or SVU. It's playful and light-hearted, with the ever-present tug-of-war between the two main characters. And I've got to say, they have the best "look" I've seen since Tony and Angela invented it 25 years ago.

And, yes I also like The Good Wife. Very interesting plot to that one.

Unread 01-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
angie1379
WTB? Expert

I know, here I go again!

Okay, some of us grizzled WTB? veterans on here have talked a few times about envying newcomers as they experience the wonder of WTB? for the first time -- the anticipation of First Kiss, the bittersweetness of The Anniversary Show, the heartbreak of TAN, and the sheer joy of Seer of Love. Oh, to be able to recapture the emotion of that initial viewing!

And those of us who are incomparable die-hards have found few shows since that have been able to match the love story of Tony and Angela. For us, they are the standard-bearer, and most others are pale imitations. But as you can tell from my posts below, I've found Castle to bethe closest approximation of how I felt as I watched Tony and Angela the first time. It's funny, sexy, witty, tender, and full of enough electricity to, as Mona would say, light a small city. And tonight I'm sharing all of this -- again -- simply out of sense of dorky fangirl excitement because tonight's episode of Castle gives us the main character's first kiss. It's supposed to be a emotional, dramatic episode that raises the series to a new level, and truth be told, I haven't felt this much anticipation since about 1992 -- when I was 13 -- and before the existence of chat rooms, discussion boards, sneak peaks, fan fiction and the myriad other fandom media produced by the internet. And truthfully, it's a good thing the internet was still in its gestation phase when I was a teen watching couples like Tony and Angela, Dr. Mike and Sully, Lois and Clark -- or else I might still be trying to pass the tenth grade!

So tonight I get to recapture some of that profound excitement and anticipation for a couple whose story is engaging and compelling to watch. For me, that's a rare treat that only comes around every decade or so!

Unread 01-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

That's really exciting... except I wish I could get into that show the way you have. I'd like something like that to look forward to!

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
deefanforever
Diamond Member

I have heard of the show but never seen it. I remember all the excitement I felt watching T/A years ago on WTB. The only other couple that made me feel the same was John/Marlena from Days Of Our Lives. Their chemistry was also wonderful. I know they were on a soap which is much different than a sitcom and they were allowed to show more but they were great just like T/A. I wish I could get excited and have that feeling to look forward to again but honestly there is nothing on tv that is comparable IMO. I like a couple shows now but not for those reasons though.
Unread 01-25-2011, 12:28 AM   #10
t_angel0747
Golden Member

I have been faithfully watching Castle since the first episode. I love it!! I have to laugh after reading all the previous posts on this thread. Growing up, I was the only person I knew who loved certain shows and, now I realize I wasn't... WTB and Lois and Clark were (and still are) my two favorite shows EVER. Followed by Dr Quinn, The Nanny and Walker, Texas ranger. (I loved Walker and Alex's relationship)
Now that I'm older and all those shows are gone, I am watching Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters and, of course, my beloved Castle. (Which, tonight's episode was great. I loved all the little moments between castle and Beckett.)
I truly have found a place where I fit in lol...
Mona: "You two may be on the way to something permanent. But let's face it: you're taking the scenic route. In a slow car. With a flat tire. Driven by a nun. Who is blind!"
t_angel0747 is offline   Reply With Quote