Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > TV & Movie Talk

TV & Movie Talk Is there another TV show, besides Who's the Boss?, that you enjoy watching? See a good movie recently? Talk about it here!

Also, use this forum to announce an upcoming television/movie/stage appearance that a cast/guest member has appeared in.

Unread 01-13-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Judith at the Golden Globes

Wow, looking as radiant as ever. I don't think she's ever going to age...

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/gold...nd-1201403021/

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2015, 05:00 PM   #2
robins99

I agree! That was a great color on her too.

Angela: You would ruin our friendship for love?

Tony: In a second. I'd throw it in the garbage. I'd spit on it. I'd flush it down the toilet.

Angela: (Touched) Oh, Tony, that is so beautiful.
robins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2015, 11:30 AM   #3
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Have you (or anyone else) seen any of that show Transparent? I haven't. I did catch the other day that Raising Hope episode that she did though. She was good, as usual, but she seems like she's getting a lot of roles like that since WTB...where she's like loud, or boisterous, or eccentric or mean or something...which is fine, but she does that sweet, loving Angela type really well too. I sort of wish someone would give her a role like that again. I'd rather hear her using that unique voice of hers to convey emotions and layers as it does so well rather than straining to be loud and over-the-top. Just wondering what this new role was like.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2015, 01:17 PM   #4
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

I have watched a couple episodes of Transparent but unfortunately did not enjoy it. At all. It's just not my type of comedy. Her character was the only one I actually liked, oh and Jeffery Tambor's. The other's felt too fake or far fetched to me. But it could be just me cause the show is winning awards. haha Allie likes it.

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2015, 10:07 AM   #5
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

My mom watched Transparent but said it was very crude (I think that's what she said) but she was saying how it had a lot of sexual themes. I couldn't get into Orange is the New Black because of the sex scenes despite everyone raving about it. I guess I'm a little prudish.
Unread 01-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #6
charmedcherie
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneli View Post
Have you (or anyone else) seen any of that show Transparent? I haven't. I did catch the other day that Raising Hope episode that she did though. She was good, as usual, but she seems like she's getting a lot of roles like that since WTB...where she's like loud, or boisterous, or eccentric or mean or something...which is fine, but she does that sweet, loving Angela type really well too. I sort of wish someone would give her a role like that again. I'd rather hear her using that unique voice of hers to convey emotions and layers as it does so well rather than straining to be loud and over-the-top. Just wondering what this new role was like.
Angela Bower, it seems, is too conventional of a character now. During Boss' run, the writers defied convention at every turn. Now, the Bower-Micelli household would be written off as commonplace. "Transparent" succeeds in breaking new ground to a fault, pushing the envelope and agenda on too grand a scale. After watching the "Pilot," the title was the only element of the show that intrigued me. All other episodic elements of the show were definitely exaggerated, but apparently, the scale has no tipping point anymore. For me, anyway, less will always be more.
"I'll tell ya Judith and I are quite a pair. In real life, we're both married — to different people. But I'm in love with her ability; she's a terrific actress, and she's really great at comedy, and I do feel a strong love for her. So I guess that's why it's so easy for the two of us to play at sexual tension."

--Tony Danza on friend and co-star Judith Light

"The love of this woman grounded him..." {Taken from a wtb? special, although I'm not sure which one, lol}
charmedcherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2015, 09:35 AM   #7
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

I think pushing the envelope isn't a bad thing. I know I watch many many shows that do, and in big ways. And I love that. I was excited about Transparent; It looked good. What bothered me about it, is that they pushed all of the envelopes in like 2 episodes. Haha! I just found myself being "Oh come on..." too many times.

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2015, 01:45 PM   #8
charmedcherie
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims27 View Post
I think pushing the envelope isn't a bad thing. I know I watch many many shows that do, and in big ways. And I love that. I was excited about Transparent; It looked good. What bothered me about it, is that they pushed all of the envelopes in like 2 episodes. Haha! I just found myself being "Oh come on..." too many times.
Agreed, and too, real life wouldn't be privy to the blatant, in your face 'reality' the show is so intent on showcasing; at least, not to those extremes anyway.
"I'll tell ya Judith and I are quite a pair. In real life, we're both married — to different people. But I'm in love with her ability; she's a terrific actress, and she's really great at comedy, and I do feel a strong love for her. So I guess that's why it's so easy for the two of us to play at sexual tension."

--Tony Danza on friend and co-star Judith Light

"The love of this woman grounded him..." {Taken from a wtb? special, although I'm not sure which one, lol}
charmedcherie is offline   Reply With Quote