Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > Trading Post

Trading Post Here you can trade Who's the Boss? memorabilia with other fans.

Unread 10-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
AyOhAngela
Bronze Member

Is there anywhere to download clips/episodes for a video?

There are so many songs that are screaming WTB?/T&A to me, but I'm finding it so hard to find clips/episodes that are video quality. Anything I've downloaded off You Tube has shown up as horrible quality in Sony Vegas so I'm getting frustrated.

If anyone wants to see that I do make videos (as proof that that's really all I'm after) I'd be be glad to link you to my You Tube channel.

Anyone have any suggestions/ideas of where I might be able to get some clips?

Thanks!!
AyOhAngela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Pretty sure the only place is YT. With the DVDs not being released, there aren't any HQ clips out there really. Unfortunate, but true.

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
TonyAngelaCrobat
Silver Member

There are warez / torrent websites with the entire Who's the Boss? series; however, WTB?R does not support downloading through such means. Obviously no links will be posted. Search and download at your own risk!

ANGELA (Interrupting): Look, Tony, our relationship has always been... (She smiles fondly) our relationship.

TONY (Nodding): Yeah, sort of like a blind nun driving with a flat.

ANGELA (Smiling weakly): Never quite thought it about like that...
TonyAngelaCrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Exactly Crobat.
We're all in the same boat of wanting these episodes available but in a legal way. If you are able to find them, that's great but we wont post it on here because we love our site and we don't want to get in trouble. hehe

Unread 10-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
TonyAngelaCrobat
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims27 View Post
Exactly Crobat.
We're all in the same boat of wanting these episodes available but in a legal way. If you are able to find them, that's great but we wont post it on here because we love our site and we don't want to get in trouble. hehe
We wouldn't want that!

Now if only they would release those DVDs... people wouldn't have to resort to such matters... oh well.

ANGELA (Interrupting): Look, Tony, our relationship has always been... (She smiles fondly) our relationship.

TONY (Nodding): Yeah, sort of like a blind nun driving with a flat.

ANGELA (Smiling weakly): Never quite thought it about like that...
TonyAngelaCrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #6
AyOhAngela
Bronze Member

Whoa, hey, I didn't mean I like wanted to torrent or something. I saw videos on You Tube and just wondered where they came from, how those people got the clips that was all. I'm sorry I asked.
Unread 10-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #7
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Don't be sorry you asked, trust me you aren't the only one who has. I figured I would answer you rather than leave the thread blank. I wasn't being rude, sorry if came out that way. It was a very valid question and we are all with you in that we want the episodes out. There are "DVD Sets" out there but those aren't very good quality either. Unfortunately. I really wish we could just give Sony a shout and tell them they forgot our show!

Unread 10-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
AyOhAngela
Bronze Member

No one was rude, it was just a very "hard" answer I guess. Or at least the way I read it. I think i'm coming at this from a different mindset though. Obviously the feeling here is that by people having clips and what not, it's going to discourage Sony from releasing the DVD, ie. it would take away sales. I'm in the ballpark that the more people who show off WTB? the more interest you get, the more likely you'd be to get the rest of the DVD's. My roommate is already watching because I had my door open one day, and she saw/heard it, wanted to see more. Ha but what do I know, you guys have been around for a lot longer.
Unread 10-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyOhAngela View Post
Obviously the feeling here is that by people having clips and what not, it's going to discourage Sony from releasing the DVD, ie. it would take away sales.
Not quite about the sales. As the owner of this site, it's more a matter of not getting the site in trouble by promoting illegal sharing ON the forums. Basically we want to keep this website running. Most of us already have our DVDs/Episodes, but we got them "off site".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyOhAngela View Post
I'm in the ballpark that the more people who show off WTB? the more interest you get, the more likely you'd be to get the rest of the DVD's.
This I completely agree with! It's mainly the reason why I've been actively using our FB Group to potentially get noticed and get the show out there, to social medias and such. And we're always open to new ideas if anyone has them!

Unread 10-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #10
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
I'm in the ballpark that the more people who show off WTB? the more interest you get, the more likely you'd be to get the rest of the DVD's. My roommate is already watching because I had my door open one day, and she saw/heard it, wanted to see more.
I wish it were that simple and that we had that much control over it. Obviously it can't hurt, but I think something really big would have to happen to nudge Sony into thinking about this show again. I used to think the better Alyssa's career went the more chance we'd have of getting our dvds. Then for awhile, Judith had a hot streak in her career and I was pinning my hopes on her, because these companies like to produce the stuff from the early years of someone who became a huge superstar because they know it means more fans, thus more sales. (Like Betty White-- she has been so hot the last few years, and look at everything that came out of the woodwork just because she was in it!)

But, sadly, unless Judith or Tony is the next Betty White, I don't believe Sony is ever going to release anymore dvds for our show. I think our best chance is for Sony to lease the rights to the show to a smaller company who might then release it. Maybe. Interest in the show is good, but casual interest is different than someone actually buying the dvds. Sony would be laying a lot of money out to produce dvds and they'd have to firmly believe they'd make a profit on it before they'd go forward with it. And since the first season didn't make a profit-- or not a big enough profit-- it would take something different and something big happening to change their mind. Sony has said a lot of times that they aren't planning on releasing any more dvds for this show. And the show is only getting older, so I tend to think the chances are small that they'd change their mind in that. I have no idea what it would take for Sony to decide to give the rights to someone who would release it, but I just don't think it's anywhere near the top of their list of things to do right now. It's about the money, and the money is with the newer shows, or the classics with a proven sales history. So in order for it to be released, it would have to go to a smaller company who could make money releasing it. And that requires Sony to completely give up on the idea of this show ever making enough money in dvd sales for it to be worth their while. And oddly enough, I'm not sure Sony is ready to go quite that far, either. So for now, it hangs in Sony's greedy limbo.

That's not to say I've completely given up on the idea that we'll be able to someday own the entire series, uncut. I just don't think it's going to be dvd's. I think it will be some other future technology that supercedes dvd's and rights to shows and gives whoever owns the rights a way to make money without having to put out a bunch of money in production first. Which means we still wait. Someday, I guess.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann

Last edited by Anneli; 10-11-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote