Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > WTB?R Welcome Wagon

WTB?R Welcome Wagon Use this forum to welcome new members or to introduce yourself if you are one.

Unread 10-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
Billy_the_kid
Golden Member

Hello, I'm new on board

Hi guys!

I'm new here (obviously ) and I'm another German fan. Don't wonder about my location, I moved to Ireland 3 years ago.

A little about myself. I'm 22 and I've already loved WTB when I was about 4 or 5 (for the Germans among us: back then on RTL at 5 pm Those were the days, my friends...) but never really understood the actual comedy behind it.

Now a few months ago I suddenly thought of the show (don't ask me why) and I tried to find it online. Luckily, somebody had uploaded all the episodes in German on youtube, so there I went, watching a few episodes every night. And finally, I do understand the brilliant ideas behind it I've finally found all the episodes in English also, so I am just watching them again. And as usual, English is better

Anyway, I chose my username because I really liked Billy. I've read many comments about him and his role and it seems people did not like him much
I loved how he kinda messed the family life up and challenged Tony and Angela in their parenting. To me, he was a perfect picture of how it would have looked like if they actually had had a child together.
I wished he could have stayed in the show longer or at least could have had a "proper farewell". Instead, he just disappeared

Ok, that's from me. Questions, just ask
Billy_the_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Welcome! Sorry it took a moment to get your posts to the board... Your daytime or evening in Germany is often the middle of the night here in the USA, plus we tend to be a bit slower to post on the weekends. Anyway, welcome aboard!
We have a great fanfic site and a great gallery that I hope you'll check out, plus feel free to post to any topic you find. We're always interested in new members' perspectives. And I, for one, can always discuss any topic again no matter how many times I've discussed it before.
Quote:
I loved how he kinda messed the family life up and challenged Tony and Angela in their parenting. To me, he was a perfect picture of how it would have looked like if they actually had had a child together.
I never really had an issue with Billy, but I was sort of sad when they brought him on because usually that was done in TV shows as an attempt to help save a floundering show. I guess I didn't like to think that my show could be slipping in the ratings a little. I did think he was a good match for Tony though, and I like your thoughts above too.

Jonathan Halyalkar, the actor who played Billy, did visit and post on this site in the past. You could probably do a search and find those posts if they are still there.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
pittsburghgirl_WTB
Golden Member

Welcome to the boards!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_the_kid View Post
I've read many comments about him and his role and it seems people did not like him much
I liked Billy too I thought he was cute and funny
Unread 10-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
Billy_the_kid
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneli View Post
Welcome! Sorry it took a moment to get your posts to the board... Your daytime or evening in Germany is often the middle of the night here in the USA, plus we tend to be a bit slower to post on the weekends. Anyway, welcome aboard!
Thanks and no problem. I just posted away, so sorry for spamming the forum with so many ew posts

Well I'm on Irish time, not German time. But it's still the middle of the night for you

Quote:
Jonathan Halyalkar, the actor who played Billy, did visit and post on this site in the past. You could probably do a search and find those posts if they are still there.
Did he? Oh I'll have to go and find them. Thanks for letting me know.

Any spelling mistakes are made on purpose. They are part of a new spelling reform and I am testing their effect.
Unread 10-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
I just posted away, so sorry for spamming the forum with so many ew posts
Don't worry one bit about that. Feel free to post away.
Quote:
Well I'm on Irish time, not German time. But it's still the middle of the night for you
Yeah, sorry. I meant to type "Europe" but "Germany" is what ended up there.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Unread 10-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
Billy_the_kid
Golden Member

Quote:
Yeah, sorry. I meant to type "Europe" but "Germany" is what ended up there.
Good to see that to the Americans, Germany rules Europe

Any spelling mistakes are made on purpose. They are part of a new spelling reform and I am testing their effect.
Unread 10-12-2011, 02:33 AM   #7
german-WTB-fan
Silver Member

Quote:
Under which forum's name did he appear? Without knowing that it will be impossible to finding his posts, right?

I love U.S. tv-series from the 1980s/90s:

"Magnum, P.I.", "The Golden Girls", "Alf", "Who's the Boss?", "Cheers" & "Becker".
german-WTB-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
dazdeadpetal
Diamond Member

Sorry it has taken me a couple of days, but Welcome Aboard! I have only been on here a year myself, but this is a great group of people and I love that we still talk about this show after all these years.

As for Billy, I will express that I did not like him for the reason Anneli mentioned, but Billy was the reason Angela was able to break up with Andy, so I can't completely dislike him.

Look forward to some great discussions!

Emily
"If there is a horizontal line that runs from the map off your body straight through the land shooting up right through my heart; Will this horizontal line, when asked know how to find where you end, where I begin?"
--Your Cloud by Tori Amos
dazdeadpetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #9
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-WTB-fan View Post
Under which forum's name did he appear? Without knowing that it will be impossible to finding his posts, right?
I'm really not sure whether the posts are still there or not... sometimes actors and people of some notoriety will ask later for things they posted in the past to be deleted after some time has gone by. I think his user name was "Billy," or maybe "Little Billy" but I'm not positive about that, and I remember he introduced himself by his real name when he posted. That should aid you in searching for the posts, although you'll probably have a big ole list come up that you'll have to look through (which is why I didn't find the posts for you).

-Mary Ann
Unread 10-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
pittsburghgirl_WTB
Golden Member

If you go to the community tab and click on member list go to the L section and go down to LittleBilly that is him!