Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > Who's The Boss?

Who's The Boss? Use this Forum to discuss Who's the Boss? and anything pertaining to the show.

Unread 11-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

WTB? Randomness

I was watching Sorority Sister the other day and there was a little tidbit about Mona that caught my attention. I didn't think it deserved it's own topic and I tried looking to see if it was aleady discussed but couldn't find anything. So I decided to start a Randomness topic about the little tidbits of the show that you catch or notice and want to mention but don't really need their own topic. For example:

The little thing I caught was the scene at the begining of Sorority Sister when Mona walking in to the house with a bicycle. I was telling my roommate "Mona would never ride a bike." and how it was out of character. I figured they were still "building" her character at that point. And her outfit was so un-like Mona. She looked older and out of style...not the Mona we know and love.

Feel free to add your own random WTB? comments!

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
murphy7295
WTB? Expert

Wasn't she pushing a bike in the flashback where she met Tony in her apartment building?
murphy7295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Yeah she did then too. I find it so odd. I just can't see Mona wanting to ride a bike.

Unread 11-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
jmar
WTB? Expert

I always thought that (the bike) was just the writers trying to show how unconventional Mona was - a free spirit who wouldn't be contained by age or expectations. It's funny, but thinking of "Downton Abbey" - they had Matthew riding a bike as well & I thought it was a bit odd - but again, just thought that the writers were trying to show unconventionality (is that a word?!) once again.
jmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
3BeekmanPlace
Platinum Member

I agree that it was curious, but she was also a college student at that point in the series, so maybe it was an attempt to play on her youthful exuberance!
3BeekmanPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Well she didn't have a car. I think that's probably the only reason she had a bike. That and the youthful angle as well as still developing her character. Then when she moved into the apartment above the garage and finished college there was no reason for a bike anymore because she could just walk across the driveway to get to Angela's or to borrow Angela's Jag.

My question is, does anyone remember if she ever got a car? I remember her borrowing Angela's Jag a couple of times; was her car in the driveway when Angela couldn't pull Geoffrey's Porshe into the garage? Actually-- just as I'm typing this, I do remember a line where she said her car is down at Giorgio's getting the air in the tires changed. So I guess she did get one at some point. Any guesses on who bought it for her?

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

She had a car in Ms Mom because she wanted Angela to change the oil.
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
dazdeadpetal
Diamond Member

Semi-Private Lives (watching it now). The snow plow man was helping Mona with her car....

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Emily
"If there is a horizontal line that runs from the map off your body straight through the land shooting up right through my heart; Will this horizontal line, when asked know how to find where you end, where I begin?"
--Your Cloud by Tori Amos
dazdeadpetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

I'm still trying to picture Mona riding a bike in a fancy outfit and stilettos!

Unread 12-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #10
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

I don't know why but every time I watch The Christmas Card I'm always afraid that Angela is going to drop her vase.