Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 07-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Pet Peeves!

I thought it would be fun to dicuss our Pet Peeves. We all have them. Now here's a place to vent about them. I have many (I'll ad more later) but one that drives me insane is drivers that don't use their indicators when turning. I just don't understand what is so difficult...?

What are yours?

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
murphy7295
WTB? Expert

Me, too! I'm known for yelling "Doesn't that (insert make of car) come with turn signals?!"

Last edited by murphy7295; 07-08-2008 at 12:13 PM.
murphy7295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

Sticking with the driving theme, I hate when cars pull out in front of you when turning onto the street or coming out of their driveway, etc. when it's unnecessary. It's one thing if there is a line of cars behind me and they'd have to wait forever to turn onto the street, but it drives me nuts when there is no one behind me and someone pulls out in front of me instead of just waiting the extra 2 seconds while I drive by.

That really gets my goat! I've been saying that a lot lately, don't know why.
mich_l81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
jmar
WTB? Expert

I'm sure that I have at least a hundred, like telling my husband to take off his hat in a restaurant, but I'd much rather lament how much I can't stand working with some people - I've had an extremely trying day & am tired of 'carrying' dead weight!!! Yes, I'm being emphatic - this is just too much.....I need something to take me away....
jmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
madewy
WTB? Expert

jmar: ".I need something to take me away.."

Remember Calgon jmar?

My gripe is sales or business people who chew gum!
Unread 07-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #6
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmar View Post
.....I need something to take me away....
I hear Calgon will do the trick. But then again, I'm very susceptible to advertising.

I feel ya, I've been working at the bank I've worked at the last 2 summers (and doing some writing on the side while I figure out exactly what my next move will be) and I could give a long list of pet peeves. You wouldn't believe how many people don't fill out their stuff, have no idea what their account numbers are, don't have ID, and basically just expect us to have ESP. Don't get me wrong, sometimes you don't have an account number on you and all, I get it, but there are many, many habitual offenders. And that's just one complaint.

Last edited by mich_l81; 07-08-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Unread 07-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #7
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by madewy View Post
jmar: ".I need something to take me away.."

Remember Calgon jmar?
Beat me to it! Great minds think alike. Ironically, it took me a long time to type that and submit it because of customers. Yes, get back to work, I know, I know.
Unread 07-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #8
jmar
WTB? Expert

I knew the 'Calgon thing' y'all - I was just baiting you . (I won't say a pet peeve is customer service people who make me wait while they do personal emails, mich...just kidding... ) Another pet peeve is telling my husband the answer to his question, when I just told him the same answer to the same question not 5 minutes before!! Good thing I'm not yelling.... Men just don't listen - when we start to talk, what they hear is 'wa-wa-wa-wa-wa' (sound effect of adults speaking in the "Peanuts" movies.
jmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #9
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmar View Post
I knew the 'Calgon thing' y'all - I was just baiting you . (I won't say a pet peeve is customer service people who make me wait while they do personal emails, mich...just kidding... )
I figured that was bait, and I was happy to take it. Also, touche. I don't make them wait though, that's why it took me a long time to write that post, it was between customers. Also, don't get me wrong, most customers are nice, pleasant, and fun to chat with, but there is that select group just destined to get on your nerves. And it's the people that don't have anything ready that get mad about waiting in line. Talk about irony.

Last edited by mich_l81; 07-08-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Unread 07-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #10
jenron12
WTB? Expert

mich_l81, I sympathize - I worked at a bank for a year when I was first out of college... longest year of my life! I was a teller at a drive through window, and you wouldn't believe the number of people who either drove away with the little canister that transports the money, or else they would throw their money / checks down the chute without putting it in the canister first. And let me tell you, it's so incredibly hard not to laugh when you're watching their money fly all around the lanes and in between the cars. I'm not kidding either... several customer's did this!

Anyway, in keeping with the theme of husband-related pet peeves, mine has to be when Ron (my husband) drops his dirty clothing on the floor right beside the laundry hamper, instead of in the actual hamper. He manages to get it that close, but just can't bring himself to actually put the laundry where it goes...

And just one more... we have a cat, but apparently it's not anyone's job but mine to make sure she has fresh food and water. Now, my 6 year old is understandably not too concerned about this, but my 33 year old husband should be - after all, Minnie (the cat) has lived with him since long before he and I even met.
jenron12 is offline   Reply With Quote