Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > The Missing Scenes

The Missing Scenes Discuss and/or transcribe scenes that are edited out of WTB? in syndication.

Unread 09-02-2005, 07:41 PM   #1
brenda
Silver Member

"Misery" - before the theme song...

there's a scene where Tony and Sam are looking at pictures from a picnic ( pictures of Angela mostly). Then Sam tells Tony that ever since he and Angela declared their love for each other, they've been acting like love-sick teenagers. Tony downplays Sam's observation, but runs to the door and plants a big one on Angela as soon as she walks into the house (with Mona). The next thing I know, the theme song comes on. Isn't there something more to this scene? Does anyone know how the dialogue proceeds leading to Tony serving Angela those love cakes? Unfortunately, I've only been able to watch the reruns on N@N and often scenes/dialogues get cut here and there (ugh!).

Last edited by brenda; 09-18-2005 at 07:13 PM.
brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2005, 12:34 AM   #2
Nbr8sGirl
Golden Member

Here ya go :

[Sam walks into the living room from the kitchen with her laptop and Tony walks in the front door carrying an envelope]

Tony : Sam, Samster, Sama-Rama-Lama Ding Dong. [they both sit on the couch] I got the pcitures back from our family picnic.
Samantha : Great, great, great, let's see.
Tony : Oh, I took some great ones.
Samantha : Oh, look there's Angela.
Tony : Yeah.
Samantha : And Angela again.
Tony : Oh, she looks good in this one.
Samantha : Angela, Angela, Angela. Dad, didn't you take any of the rest of the family ?
Tony : Of course, I did, look, here here's a picture of Jonathan.
Samantha : He has Angela's head on him.
Tony : I know, I used the double exposure button. Neat, huh ?
Sa : He looks better.
Samantha : I think it is so adorable how you and Angela have been acting since you told each other how you feel. Like love-sick teenagers.
Tony : Now Samantha, please, Sam, we're not that bad.

[Angela and Mona come in the door]

Angela : I'm home.
Tony : [jumps up from the couch] Thank God. [runs over to embrace her and they kiss]
Mona : Ah, ah, ah.....no tongues, mother's watching.
Tony : Hard day at the office ?
Angela : Oh yeah, that old Middleton was on my case again.
Tony : That lousy Middleton, awww... Is there something Tony can do for you ? Rub your feet, fetch your slippers, break Middleton's ribs.
Angela : A foot rub would be Heaven.
Tony : Well, welcome to the pearly gates your little piggies. [she sits on the couch he begins to massage her feet and Angela picks up a picture from the coffee table]
Angela : What, wait a minute. What is my head doing on a boys body ?
Mona : Don't put yourself down dear, you're just a little under-inflated.
Angela : Oh, that feels fabulous.

[Jonathan walks in from the kitchen taking in the scene]

Jonathan : Oh, please, the feet, the cuddling, my mother. Can we pull a drape around this scene ?
Mona : I can't watch.
Samantha : Hold on, isn't this exactly what we always wanted, to finally see these two finally showing their love.
Mona : I've seen it, I'm disgusted. Let's hose them down.
Angela : Mother !
Mona : It's too much.
Angela : [stands up] There can never be too much love.
Samantha : I agree.
Tony : [stands up and puts his arms around Angela] Yes, yes, in fact, what we have is beautiful and innocent. [he begins singing] And, they called it puppy love. [Angela joins in]
Both : Just because we're seventeen. [they sit back down on the couch arms around each other]
Samantha : OK, I spoke too soon.

[Everyone leaves the living room leaving Angela and Tony sitting on the couch]
Tony : Works every time.
[they kiss]

--------------------

Hope that helps what you were missing.

tracy
Nbr8sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2005, 01:23 AM   #3
fanza_light
Golden Member

Aw Man, why did they have to edit that out?!! That would've been WONDEFUL to see!!!
fanza_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

brenda, I'm sorry you haven't seen that scene--even though it is kind of sickeningly gloppy, it is really cute. Oh, and that last scene, when they flop back on the couch and kiss is Nbr8sGirl's avatar....

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2005, 07:35 PM   #5
brenda
Silver Member

Tracy, thank you, thank you! I've seen the screen shots from this episode, but always wondered what they were talking about. Now, I don't have to wonder anymore. I thought it's really adorable that Tony and Angela both sing that puppy love song together!

Tracy, I think I've seen your screen name before, and it sounds like I'm supposed to say, "welcome back"?! I'm fairly new on these boards and look forward to chatting with everyone.
brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2005, 11:37 PM   #6
Nbr8sGirl
Golden Member

Ha ha....yes, I was a fairly frequesnt poster here a couple of years ago....then life happened....and I was no longer around much.....now I am back in the swing and watching WTB? every night.....so I am back in analysis mode.

Glad you joined.....you'll love this place.

tracy
Nbr8sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 08:18 AM   #7
OakHillsDrive
WTB? Expert

I'm so glad you transcribed that scene. I might be being over judgemental, but I think they cut out the best part of that whole episode.

Last edited by OakHillsDrive; 12-12-2007 at 12:38 PM.
OakHillsDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 05:33 PM   #8
tonysgrl07
Golden Member

That's terrible! Why in the world would they cut such a wonderful scene??! I remember seeing this scene way back when WTB aired on Fox Family. Darn I should have taped episodes back then. Since ION is going to air "Misery" in a few weeks, I really hope they don't cut this scene. Does anyone know how N&N cuts compare to ION? Does ION cut the same scenes that N&N did?
tonysgrl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #9
amorefan
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakHillsDrive
I'm so glad you transcribed that scene. I might be being over judgemental, but I think they cut out the best part of that whole episode.
I agree completely. I actually put that scene down as my "favorite scene" in my profile. I especially love the very last moment of it..."works every time" and the little kiss. So cute
“We just had this really great connection and chemistry and friendship, and as the years went on everything got deeper and better. And I can promise you that if I needed anything, I could call him, and he would be there in a heartbeat, and I would be there for him.”
-Judith Light talking about Tony Danza, October 2014-
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #10
sandrine
WTB? Expert

I can't believe they cut that part!!! The best one!!! Now the only way to see it again will be in DVD, if they release the show in DVD....

http://judithlight.frenchboard.com/index.htm

Who's the Boss?, French Forum :

http://whostheboss.frenchboard.com/index.htm

sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote