Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > Trading Post

Trading Post Here you can trade Who's the Boss? memorabilia with other fans.

Unread 10-04-2011, 05:04 AM   #1
german-WTB-fan
Silver Member

Anyone owns WTB?-recordings from TV1 on disc?

Hello,

does anyone happen to own WTB? episodes recorded from TV1 on disc? I think it's an australian TV station and they appearently aired WTB? episodes uncut.

I love U.S. tv-series from the 1980s/90s:

"Magnum, P.I.", "The Golden Girls", "Alf", "Who's the Boss?", "Cheers" & "Becker".
german-WTB-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 01:57 AM   #2
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Good luck with that! The one thing that is the hardest to come by is uncut episodes. I know that in past requests for uncut episodes, no one seems to have many, or any at all. The only way I've been able to get "uncut" episodes (or cut scenes) is to collect episodes over the years from a lot of different networks that cut them in all different places so that over about 4 or 5 different airings of the entire series I can piece together all the scenes. I never have put all those tapes and dvds together to make an actual pieced-together uncut episode... because I don't have the equipment or that kind of time, plus I'm an eternal optimist who believes that we'll still be able to own the entire uncut series in dvd or some other form at some point. Anyway, good luck in your quest.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
german-WTB-fan
Silver Member

Anneli,

it would be easy for me to watch the german dubbed shows which are uncut as to my knowledge. But the german dubbing is that bad, it makes me feel to vomit. No joke. The voices don't fit at all (my opinion), the translations are 'worth getting optimized', and - worst of all - you constantly have the feeling that the german actors are just reading their lines instead of acting them during the dubbing process

So I'll go on hunting for the real treasure: WTB? in original English language uncut

"Magnum, P.I.", "The Golden Girls", "Alf", "Who's the Boss?", "Cheers" & "Becker".

Last edited by german-WTB-fan; 10-05-2011 at 07:59 AM. Reason: typing error corrected
Unread 10-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
Listner
WTB? Expert

Quote:
the translations are 'worth getting optimized',
What does that refer to and/or mean?
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
german-WTB-fan
Silver Member

That refers to the translations from original english text into german language. In many cases the translations are simply wrong and beyond the original meaning of the english lines.

Unread 10-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #6
Billy_the_kid
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-WTB-fan View Post
But the german dubbing is that bad, it makes me feel to vomit. No joke. The voices don't fit at all (my opinion), the translations are 'worth getting optimized', and - worst of all - you constantly have the feeling that the german actors are just reading their lines instead of acting them during the dubbing process
Actually I have to say I think the German dubbings in general are one of the best. Ok, fair enough, you can see/hear the difference between a dubbing from "back then" and nowadays. Today they usually focus on the movement of the lips rather than on the original lines.
In the WTB dubbings I have to say they sticked very close to the original, so to me some jokes or lines don't really make sense in German. But since I'm quite fluent in English and have seen many TV shows and movies in English, I can mostly figure out what they might have said in English, so I can still laugh
Today, I still buy all DVDs in Germany just to have the German dubbing (on German DVDs there's always the English version on it + sometimes several other languages, too), although I'd watch them in English anyway - except for Disney. For nostalgia reasons or whatever, I'd mostly watch the German version there (Aristocats for example, I don't even like that in English but I love it in German ).

Anyway, I have the whole show in German and I've managed to get in English as well. Just haven't found out if it's also uncut (have only watched 6 episodes yet).

Any spelling mistakes are made on purpose. They are part of a new spelling reform and I am testing their effect.
Billy_the_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 03:12 AM   #7
german-WTB-fan
Silver Member

Too bad, I didn't want this thread to be about dubbings , but about WTB? recordings from TV1

Unread 10-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
Astrid
Golden Member

What is TV1 ?? A TVstation??

---------
Tony; You were a genius to hire me

Angela; The smartest move I ever made
Astrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
Billy_the_kid
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
What is TV1 ?? A TVstation??
Yep, it's a TV channel.

Any spelling mistakes are made on purpose. They are part of a new spelling reform and I am testing their effect.
Billy_the_kid is offline   Reply With Quote