Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > WTB?R Welcome Wagon

WTB?R Welcome Wagon Use this forum to welcome new members or to introduce yourself if you are one.

Unread 04-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
TonyIsTheBoss

Hello everyone!new member

Well I really have to say that I'm late to the party as I've just discovered this site just a few days ago.

My first encounter with Who's the Boss was back in 1988 while living in New york. I was seven back then and my parents used to watch the show and of course so did I.

At the summer of 1991 we moved to Europe (as of today I live in Greece now) and the last show I had seen was the Road to Washington part II.

Of course at the age of 10 it was difficult to really get what was going on and all of my friends had a crush for Alyssa Milano.

Being in Europe I happened to watch reruns of it once while being a teenager but I didn't truly appreciate it (perhaps I was too wild back then to wait for Tony and Angela).

Fast forward half life later;a Grade II ankle sprain that had me in bed for a whole month brought back memories of an episode I had seen with Tony Danza being pampered by a blond oblivious nurse I think.All of a sudden i started wondering whatever happened to that show so I gathered all the episodes and started watching and boy did I come to fully appreciate Who's the Boss.

For me just to come here and create a profile and start writing about this wonderful cast with superb acting and storyline should tell you how much I love this show.

I've read many threads dating back in the early 2000's and I've been wondering "where the heck have I been"?Very very insightful..kudos to the creators and participants.

A few things you should know about me

I'm male 31 yo,married,have one daughter(2yo) and another daughter is due in 4 weeks.My wife though not American totally loves the show.

I look forward to reading more threads and even having a discussion about this unique sitcom.

PS:Back in New York during a school day at gym class there we were all boys.There was voting going around between us about which woman was the best.Vanna White or Paul Abdul.Hahaha we were crazy 10 year olds.I voted Judith Light and everyone was like "what?".Seriously if I ever get to meet Judith I'd kiss her hand.So much respect for her.
TonyIsTheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
dazdeadpetal
Diamond Member

Welcome to the forum. I have only been on here about a year and a half, but was a fan of the show since its original run. I like you have wondered to myself, "why didn't I seek out other fans via the internet earlier?" But I thought I was the only one obsessed with this show (silly me).

Sounds like you have a very nice family, and more congratulations are in order! We hope to hear all your thoughts on the show and your life in Greece!

Emily
"If there is a horizontal line that runs from the map off your body straight through the land shooting up right through my heart; Will this horizontal line, when asked know how to find where you end, where I begin?"
--Your Cloud by Tori Amos
dazdeadpetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Welcome aboard! I'm always happy to hear from new members and even though I've been around here awhile I'm also always ready to discuss and re-discuss anything having to do with the show, so post away! I know what you mean about feeling like you've come late to the party, I felt that way too when I joined 7 years ago, but there's been a lot of great stuff since then, and I'm sure there's more great stuff to come, too. It's such a likeable show and it usually gains new fans and things often pick up around here when some channel puts the show on the air here in the states.
We've got a really great gallery and a great fanfic section too, so I hope you'll check out those as well.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
TonyIsTheBoss

dazdeadpetal and Anneli thank you for the warm welcome.

Who's the Boss will always have a special place in my heart.I mean I grew up with it.Watching it nowadays causes this bittersweet feeling.How has time passed by so quickly?

Again thanks!
Unread 05-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
madewy
WTB? Expert

What a nice introductory post TonyIsTheBoss. I'm sure you will love this sight as much as you do the show. Welcome.
Unread 05-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
TonyIsTheBoss

madewy thanks for the welcoming!
Unread 05-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
TonyLove
Silver Member

Thank you for your post!
I grew up with it to.
I have watch it with my little brother together.
Since he watch this show he loves baseball.
TonyLove is offline   Reply With Quote