Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > TV & Movie Talk

TV & Movie Talk Is there another TV show, besides Who's the Boss?, that you enjoy watching? See a good movie recently? Talk about it here!

Also, use this forum to announce an upcoming television/movie/stage appearance that a cast/guest member has appeared in.

Unread 09-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

New Fall Season

So? Anyone see anything they like yet?

I saw the first episode of Brooklyn 99 and it was pretty darn funny. I laughed through the whole thing, and that's pretty rare for me with a TV show. I think that one's a winner. And I love that it's a half hour show mixing sitcom and cop show. I don't recall that ever being done before.

The only other things I've seen so far are Dads and The Goldbergs. They were okay. They both had funny moments but I don't know that I would watch either of them regularly. Going to catch up on more new stuff this weekend.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Well, I've seen a couple more things... the second episode of Brooklyn 99 which again had me laughing through the whole thing, and The Crazy Ones, which wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Also saw The Michael J Fox Show, which was okay. All are worth a few more episodes to decide what I think, besides B 99, which I'll be watching each week because it cracks me up.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

I have this thing where I don't usually watch new shows because I get really disapointed when they get cancelled. It drives me up the wall! I get very commited to my TV shows. Do any of you watch(ed) The Glades? You'll understand why I get upset. hehe Cancelled shows leave too many things open. I will wait until a show is it's third or fourth season and then I'll marathon it to catch up.

I did watch the Michael J Fox show though and enjoyed it!

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
jmar
WTB? Expert

Barney Miller was a sitcom cop show. I haven't seen any new shows yet, the baseball season isn't over yet!
jmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
Ducky
Silver Member

I love the new OUaT-episode. It's my fav show of the actual running ones
I also like the new show Sleepy Hollow and the new season of Last Man Standing

Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #6
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims27 View Post
I have this thing where I don't usually watch new shows because I get really disapointed when they get cancelled. It drives me up the wall! I get very commited to my TV shows. Do any of you watch(ed) The Glades? You'll understand why I get upset. hehe Cancelled shows leave too many things open. I will wait until a show is it's third or fourth season and then I'll marathon it to catch up.

I did watch the Michael J Fox show though and enjoyed it!
See, I'm just the opposite. I have to watch it from the beginning or I won't watch it at all until it's over and it's years later and in syndicated reruns somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmar View Post
Barney Miller was a sitcom cop show. I haven't seen any new shows yet, the baseball season isn't over yet!
Yeah, that was a cop comedy but that one isn't like this one because that took place mostly in the station. This one is different because it also has the investigation element of shows like NYPD Blue/Hill Street Blues/Cagney&Lacey/CSI where they actually have a case to solve and they put the clues and crime scene together and make the arrest. The emphasis is on comedy over cases, but the two are mixed brilliantly. I can't really think of another show that has done that before.

-Mary Ann
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
jmar
WTB? Expert

The other cop comedy show I remember is the original "Car 54 where are you?" - but that just shows how ancient I am! Toody & Muldoon - I thought it was funny when I was a kid. Anyway, I'll catch up on some shows eventually.
jmar is offline   Reply With Quote