Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > TV & Movie Talk

TV & Movie Talk Is there another TV show, besides Who's the Boss?, that you enjoy watching? See a good movie recently? Talk about it here!

Also, use this forum to announce an upcoming television/movie/stage appearance that a cast/guest member has appeared in.

Unread 11-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
dreamtonette
Diamond Member

Doctor Who

I couldn't find a thread for this so I figured I'd start one up Anyone a Whovian? The 50th anniversary was today and I am just a big ball of "wibbly wobbly timey wimey" emotions. Anyone else see it? Or excited for the upcoming Christmas episode?
dreamtonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Me me me!!!
I saw it and LOVED it! I'm fairly new to Doctor Who. Started watching this Summer and well I'm hooked. What a show it was tonight. I was soooo happy to see David again, I may have squeed! I could say 100 things about it but I don't know if I'd be giving away spoilers! teehee!
I can't wait to watch it again!

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

I just started watching this show this summer also. I am currently on series 5 I believe. I love the show and I normally don't like sci-fi shows. There's just something about it. I even put a TARDIS sticker on the back of my van.
Unread 11-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
dreamtonette
Diamond Member

Alyssa, I'm the same way, I'm definitely not much of a sci-fi person. In a way I'm surprised that I fell in love with the show but it just proves how wide of an audience it captures. I have friends that are die-hard, classic Who, try to fit in every little piece fans. I just love the stories. I love the adventures. I take it for the enjoyment factor. And what's so great about this show is that it can be so many different things to so many different people. And I totally need to get a TARDIS sticker for my car now!

Mims, I can't tell you how many times I squealed and teared up whatnot during the special. Way WAY too many times. I totally need to watch it again soon too.

My fandom started about 2.5 years ago. I was studying abroad in London in 2011. The Impossible Astronaut (series 6 I think) was broadcasting live and some friends convinced me to watch it with them. I had no idea what was going on and didn't think I'd bother watching it again. A few weeks later, I'm home and missing everything England. I decide to check out DW on BBC America, and they were showing David Tennant episodes. It took me a few episodes to get into it but then I was hooked. So technically, Matt was my first but David is MY Doctor. And I basically watched the show out of order until I caught up, which actually works anyway given the nature of the show. I basically time traveled while watching.

Last edited by dreamtonette; 11-24-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

This sounds like something I should watch. I have trouble jumping into shows in the middle, though. I'll have to find a place where they're showing reruns and start with episode 1. Because I'm weird that way.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
dreamtonette
Diamond Member

It's so addicting. If you do start with season 1 episode 1, I'd suggest being a little patient and getting past the first few episodes. I do like that season now but I'm not sure if I would've gotten into the show if I had started with Christopher Eccleston instead of David Tennant. But then again, I love David
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #7
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

They are on Netflix Streaming, which is how I view it. I loved Eccleston then Tennant came around and I fell in love with his Doctor. I will be sad when I finish with his run.