Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 04-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #381
dazdeadpetal
Diamond Member

There are some stores that I like self checkout. We have a Lowe's grocery store chain and I like their self-checkouts because they are spaced so that no one can hover behind you. I do not like Harris Teeter grocery store checkouts because they encourage that hover and attack mentality (and yes, I will go slow if someone is hovering). Plus, most of the time, the baggers do a good job of bagging my groceries in the style I prefer. I will not use a Wal-Mart self checkout. They can't read the stuff half the time or something always goes wrong. However, I hate Wal-Mart regular checkout lines too because most of the time, the cashier is just slinging the stuff into a bag (a gallon of milk on top of a loaf of bread, etc.). I have never been to a Target that has self-checkouts, so I am not sure if they do that anywhere else in the country. Oh, the other self-checkout I do not like is BJs. You have to put your items on a conveyer, and over half of the time it thinks you have put a different item on the conveyer than you scanned and you have to wait for one of the regular cashiers to come over and fix it.

Emily
"If there is a horizontal line that runs from the map off your body straight through the land shooting up right through my heart; Will this horizontal line, when asked know how to find where you end, where I begin?"
--Your Cloud by Tori Amos
dazdeadpetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #382
dreamtonette
Diamond Member

This has probably been mentioned many times before, but bad grammar. I'm definitely not a grammar Nazi with hard-core knowledge of all the rules and whatnot. But basic sentence structure...come on, now. For my Epidemiology class we have workshop groups. For the workshops, we answer the questions together in class, and then one member types up the answers to submit for the entire group. I already had my turn, and I can't go again, although at this point I really want to. I just read the answers from this person's write-up and they're absolutely horrendous. This is grad school, I feel like you should be able to write by now. I guess my degree in English is good for something after all. I seriously want to edit everything in his post...

Edit: On second thought, this probably could've gone in the "Venting" thread too. I need a breather after this...
dreamtonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #383
robins99

Why do people insist on backing into parking spots in a really busy lot or garage? People do that every morning at work. Everyone is trying to get into the garage (or lot, depending on what's available) and find a spot so they can get into their office and there are always a couple of people that just have to hold up progress so they can back into a parking spot. It wouldn't be so bad if they were good at it but when it takes them 3 or 4 tries and they have traffic backed up, it's rather annoying. LOL!

Angela: You would ruin our friendship for love?

Tony: In a second. I'd throw it in the garbage. I'd spit on it. I'd flush it down the toilet.

Angela: (Touched) Oh, Tony, that is so beautiful.
robins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #384
TonyAngelaCrobat
Silver Member

I get annoyed when people use "your" instead of "you're" or vice versa. It makes people seem much less intelligent... XD

Also, I hate it when I get made fun of for watching old TV shows (WTB?, Taxi, Full House, etc). No one understands the value in the oldie but goodie programs... But I do

ANGELA (Interrupting): Look, Tony, our relationship has always been... (She smiles fondly) our relationship.

TONY (Nodding): Yeah, sort of like a blind nun driving with a flat.

ANGELA (Smiling weakly): Never quite thought it about like that...
TonyAngelaCrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 01:44 AM   #385
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

One of my pet peeves are people who get offended way too easily. I have/had a friend like this and you had to walk on egg shells in case she'd take the slightest thing you say to offense.
Unread 12-23-2013, 02:25 AM   #386
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by robins99 View Post
Why do people insist on backing into parking spots in a really busy lot or garage? People do that every morning at work. Everyone is trying to get into the garage (or lot, depending on what's available) and find a spot so they can get into their office and there are always a couple of people that just have to hold up progress so they can back into a parking spot. It wouldn't be so bad if they were good at it but when it takes them 3 or 4 tries and they have traffic backed up, it's rather annoying. LOL!
I believe I've said this before on this thread, but I still find Nashville the most frustrating place to drive that I've ever lived in-- or driven through. And I'm not generally a frustrated driver-- I'm usually pretty easygoing behind the wheel. But many people here just aren't good at driving. It appears to be a lack of skills along with a general lack of knowledge of the rules of the road. Merging is a problem (just drive til the lane ends, no need to turn your head and look because they're supposed to get out of your way), turning is a problem (turn on a diagonal, not a right angle, and never stay in your lane-- always float over to the lane next to you, even if both lanes turn), and they can't get right-of-way correct here to save their life (Right-of-way?? Is that really a thing??). And that's just a few of the problems. There are so many problems with driving here that I hate to even get in the car for fear of being hit. Actually I hate to leave the car parked for fear of being hit, too (I've seen more parked cars hit here than I've ever seen before...and posts hit, and medians hit, and fences hit, and buildings hit...). I think it's so frustrating to me because it's not your typical irritations like people speeding or running lights or tailgating or whatever. We have some of that too, but really it's more of a skills issue here. You're more likely to have people going 20 miles under the speed limit and driving with their foot perpetually on the brake (when there is no one in front of them) than anything else. Don't get me wrong, people here are generally nice and certainly brimming with that Southern hospitality-- they just don't know how to drive.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann

Last edited by Anneli; 12-23-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #387
robins99

Quote:
I believe I've said this before on this thread, but I still find Nashville the most frustrating place to drive that I've ever lived in-- or driven through.
I am so with you there, and totally agree with everything you said. It's horrible here! My husband says the same thing...as does just about anyone I've talked to. It's really scary on the roads around here all the time. I narrowly escape an accident almost every day on my way into work. I have to make a right turn from 14th (where it comes up off the interstate) onto Broadway/West End and there are 2 right turn lanes there. Without fail, some idiot gets into the far right (inside) lane and either tries to turn into my lane or cut all the way across to the far left lane to go on Broadway at the split. It's just nuts!

Angela: You would ruin our friendship for love?

Tony: In a second. I'd throw it in the garbage. I'd spit on it. I'd flush it down the toilet.

Angela: (Touched) Oh, Tony, that is so beautiful.
robins99 is offline   Reply With Quote