Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > WTB?R/WTB?R Forums Support & Feedback > Ideas for WTB?R

Ideas for WTB?R Post any any ideas you have for The Who's the Boss? Resource or WTB?R Forums here.

Unread 10-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
german-WTB-fan
Silver Member

Approval of posts

Hello all,

here is a big request/suggestion to the WTB?R Forums:

It is totally annoying to me that new posts have to be approved 'manually'

I live in Europe and as to the timeshift there is my posts sometimes get approved only several hours later. Because, as a matter of course, when I write at daytime the moderators/administrators will be asleep.

So why don't the administrators change this procedure a little:

Either you could automatically approve new posts right after they were sent and control (delete/edit) them afterwards. I am sure none of you will end up in prison just because maybe a forum's member violated any rules until his post is being controlled afterwards.

Or you could any new member get his new posts get approved manually for the first say ten or maybe 20 posts instead of the current number. After that quantity is reached his/her hew posts could get approved automatically. I know that there are or were several internet forums working that way.

Well it was just a thought of mine to post this and I am a little curious for possible reactions.

Thank you

I love U.S. tv-series from the 1980s/90s:

"Magnum, P.I.", "The Golden Girls", "Alf", "Who's the Boss?", "Cheers" & "Becker".
german-WTB-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Unfortunately that's the way it works. We've all been there and trust me, it will go by fast. It helps us get to know the new members and it gives us a feel of their posting habits, good or bad. it's quite useful for us moderators. We try to get to the pending messages as fast as we can.

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
Billy_the_kid
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-WTB-fan View Post
Or you could any new member get his new posts get approved manually for the first say ten or maybe 20 posts instead of the current number. After that quantity is reached his/her hew posts could get approved automatically. I know that there are or were several internet forums working that way.
I like this suggestion as well.

Quote:
It helps us get to know the new members and it gives us a feel of their posting habits, good or bad.
Does this mean there is an automatic approval in place for "established members"?
When does it kick in? From what amount of posts or from what timeframe or activity? Or is is decided on an individual case?

Any spelling mistakes are made on purpose. They are part of a new spelling reform and I am testing their effect.
Billy_the_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

After 250 posts your messages show up on the site automatically.

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
Listner
WTB? Expert

Accept and embrace the process...it is one of a very few requirements that the owner of this site asks us to abide by. It's the least we can do in return for being a part of this wonderful community!
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
Billy_the_kid
Golden Member

I have accepted this process. In fact, I have to say I have suggested it to my fellow Mods on one German forum I am taking care of. I'd quite like to take this process on board for there as well.

Any spelling mistakes are made on purpose. They are part of a new spelling reform and I am testing their effect.
Unread 10-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
Listner
WTB? Expert

Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

It also really helps keep the boards free of spam. You should see all the spam that would be here if we didn't do this!

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #9
Billy_the_kid
Golden Member

You should see all the spam that IS on the forum I'm running. We've got a pretty good team there doing a great job with keeping it clean but I managed to convince my guys there to take this idea on board. All that's needed is a plugin - and our "master of technical desaster" is taking care of that now.

Unread 10-04-2016, 01:18 AM   #10
piotreowicz

Icon11

im new on here i feel like only join today
i have been here on this forum for 5 months just reading a few rules/other persons post
admin would not me join with my old email passwords i keep changing trying to join
i can post new ideas but it won't show on here for a few hours
its ok with me
piotreowicz is offline   Reply With Quote