Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > Cast Chat

Cast Chat Use this forum to talk about WTB?'s cast and guest cast members.

Please use the TV & Movie Talk forum to announce upcoming television/movie/stage appearances for the cast/guest cast.

Unread 01-16-2004, 10:51 PM   #1
blondie5000
Golden Member

I heard rumores about Tony being a drinker and smoker. Umm, does anyone know any truth behind these? Thank you

-Bety
blondie5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2004, 10:31 PM   #2
taxifan
WTB? Expert

There are some past posts that explore the drinking so you can look up those.

Smoking was also a topic discuessed for a while there were many contributors in that topic a few months ago you can lok that up in the "cast chat". I have seen him smoke in two different movies, and watcing him smoke in the scene on "stealing christmas" i'm sure he's done it before but isn't a regular. There are many people that occasionally smoke such as when they are having a drink or in a social scene. Also, he's a member of a cigar club in Beverly Hills a few years back and have seen him with one but again i'm assuming a lot of it is social, especially in that club where there are other actors and people you social with to get contacts etc. Again, look up some topics on that one.

About drugs, I don't think so and i'm pretty sure not ever a problem. I know that his brother has had a history and it was in the tabloids about tony putting him in rehab or at least being a part of that process. Also, he has talked openly about Jeff's problems and how he used to be worried about Jeff and when he left Taxi he felt that one of his jobs was to look after Jeff and then he wasn't able to do that when Jeff left the show after 3 seasons.
taxifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2004, 11:34 AM   #3
morena
Platinum Member

Taxifan already answered... I agree with you about the drougs part.. and I am sure he was a drunker ( if I'm not wrong he was drunk when he finished in jail..).. but I am still not sure about smoking... I've seen him smoking in the movies.. and he's smoking like someone who doesn't smoke at all.. I can say that because I know MANY (too much) peoples that smokes and they don't smoke like that at all... but, hey, that's my personal opinion..
Unread 01-18-2004, 05:04 PM   #4
blondie5000
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by morena@Jan 18 2004, 11:34 AM
( if I'm not wrong he was drunk when he finished in jail..).. ..
Quote:
if I'm not wrong he was drunk when he finished in jail
He was in jail?

P.S Thanks for your answers everyone!
blondie5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2004, 05:59 PM   #5
morena
Platinum Member

Quote:
He was in jail?
yep.. just for one night if I am right.. but if you wanna read more he talks about it also in this article from jason site:

http://www.wtbr.com/Articles/LadiesH...l/article1.htm

Quote:
But several months before shooting of the series was to begin, in 1984, Tony and a friend were out drinking in a restaurant in New York. A security guard later claimed the two men were being loud and abusive and were having a food fight. When he tried to quiet them, he said, Danza decked him.
The security guard sued for $16 million, and Tony recently agreed to an out-of-court settlement of $85,000. Earlier, Tony had been convected of assault in the incident, but instead of a jail term, he was sentenced to 250 hours of community service. He fulfilled most of his sentence at the Jewish Home and Hospital of the Aged, in New York City.
I have an other article where he talk about it more.. if you want I'll scan it for you...

bye...
Unread 01-19-2004, 12:12 PM   #6
ReJoys2
WTB? Expert

I agree with Taxifan's comments, including reading more about cigarettes and alcohol in other topics. Tony’s New Year’s resolution for 2003 was to cut back on all the excesses in his life, including foods (like sweets) and drinks. When I saw him up close and personal in October 2003, rather than from a distance on a stage, I thought he was a smaller person than I had remembered from seeing him before. On WTB? he usually gave his weight at around 162. I’d guess his weight to be closer to 152 now. Of course I could be wrong because it is a guess. At any rate, he does look smaller to me than when he was on WTB? So if his weight has gone down some, I imagine he has also been successful at cutting back on drinking, and anything else that might have been on that (short?) list. (How many excesses could our Tony have???)

About Tony taking drugs, I haven’t heard any rumors nor do I know any facts. All I know is that I would be more than surprised if it were true. It’s so contrary to the standards and principles Tony has personified since he married Tracy, and to the person he is now. I have confidence in Tony Danza, somewhat like Angela had in Tony Micelli. I know he has shortcomings, but when I look in my mirror I see someone who also has shortcomings. I just hope my strengths outnumber the weaknesses. It is my opinion that Tony’s admirable qualities far outweigh any shortcomings he might have. Tony reminds me of a person who’s mind is never in neutral. He plans and works constantly to make his career, his family life, and every other area of his life successful. He spends a lot of time working out, which I’m sure helps him do all those other things so well. He has so much going for him and so much to look forward to, like his upcoming talk show which would be jeopardized by any hint of drugs. All that, plus his dedication to being a good example for his daughters, makes it seem highly unlikely that drugs would make their way into this pretty picture.

Now I’m hopping down off my soap box. Anyone else want to borrow it?
ReJoys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2004, 09:00 PM   #7
madewy
WTB? Expert

Yup Rejoys, I do.
I'm curious about some things too. But not about Tony Danza anymore. I think he's pretty much an open book by now, after years and years of written articles, in-your-face tv camera's and Hollywood gossip snoopers and I agee whole heartedly with Rejoy's amazing presentation above.
Please don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to quash anyone's First Amendment rights, especially here on the WTBR boards, where I am well aware Jason affords us all equal access and equal freedom to ask and say what we will. But this isn't the first time, as has already been noted, that this type of topic has come up. In fact, the last topic regarding these kinds of things got a little argumentative, in my opinion. I'm not trying to recreate that mood. I just can't help being curious as to why fans of Tony Danza, and I assume we all are, would want to delve into the dark or negative side of someone they admire.
Now maybe my first and biggest mistake is in assuming we are all fans. You all know what they say about what happens when we assume something: we make and ass out of u and me.
But still, going with that assumption, and not exclusively to Tony Danza or even other WTB? cast members, or to this site, but applying this question to any fan site for any celebrity, why look for 'dirt' to dish on someone one admires?
Personally, I continue to come on here to discuss WTB?, of course, and to find out what's new in the cast member's world. I get a lot of good information on here. Morena's links keep me up to date with the latest pics of our celebs and with what's new in their lives. Supastah and Jason also seem to be exemplary in keeping us up to date with Judith Light and her new show. Contests, petitions, lists abound on here. So much positive information about these people I have come to care for, from so many of you. Thank you.
Since these thoughts are my own personal feelings I pretty much try to stay out of discussions like this one. And I hold no ill will, nor judgement. to those who don't. Your choice. But I do get curious.
Unread 01-19-2004, 11:31 PM   #8
taxifan
WTB? Expert

Quote:
I assume we all are, would want to delve into the dark or negative side of someone they admire.
Wise words. . . .
taxifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 03:01 PM   #9
morena
Platinum Member

I do agree with you Madeway.. I also undestand curiosity of new members (like me...) about the past of our favorite actors.. when I started to look at Tony carriere, of course you I found lots of old stuff, and also dirt stuff.. and maby some it's just a bounch of lies or simply jokes..( I even find a site called 'TonyDanza RIP and there was an awful story about his death...I jumped on my chair.. you can believe me!!)
.. but I really like this man.. how he handeled (is it correct??) his life and carrere... and I really don't care at all if he was a drinder or used droughs, because I am so sure he's a health person now, and everything he did before, bad and good things, helped him to became what / how he is now... (the only thing I can't handle is the smoking part.. but that's my personal 'hate' for smoking.. I really don't like it...sorry if I offend someone in the forum...)

Quote:
I get a lot of good information on here. Morena's links keep me up to date with the latest pics of our celebs and with what's new in their lives.
Always my pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!

take care...