Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > WTB?R Welcome Wagon

WTB?R Welcome Wagon Use this forum to welcome new members or to introduce yourself if you are one.

Unread 09-30-2004, 08:26 PM   #1
huxfords_hiatus
Bronze Member

Hey folks, my name's Chris, and I'm a huge fan of Who's the Boss? I missed most of it's original run, but caught them all on rerun throughout the years. I fell in love with the show while I was in the military. Somehow watching these beloved episodes made me feel "at home" back then. Everything from the characters and actors who portrayed them, to the inside of their lovely house, just made the world a bit better. And I love the show even more as time goes on!

Now, my 3 year old son and I watch the 1st season dvd, all of the time! Whenever he hears the opening theme song, he lights up, as do I! My wife is now hooked on the show as well. I surely hope that we continue to get the rest of the series on dvd. As for now, I'm staying up to watch it in the wee hours of the morning, where I can get my fix on the reruns.

Anyway, wonderful WTB? site, here! Looking forward to discussion and what-not.

Chris
huxfords_hiatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2004, 04:52 PM   #2
madewy
WTB? Expert

What a charming first post Chris. And it's terrific for we here on the boards to have another male perspective to add to our friend Tim's (Jathlon) and occasionally cndrum's, regarding this this very special show. Of course we always have our own webmaster, Jason's...but he mostly allows us to feel our own way through the emotional ups and downs of WTB?.

Reading your description of when and why you came to favor WTB? has warmed this old heart. You certainly have done WTB? justice with your words.
Unread 10-01-2004, 06:13 PM   #3
Tony & Angela Fan
Platinum Member

Hi Chris welcome to the board I'm Angela.

Great post, glad you found us here, and look forward to reading more of your posts

That is so great that your wife and little boy love the show as much as you do. I think it's so cool that so many men love the show as much as the women do
Tony & Angela Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2004, 04:58 PM   #4
huxfords_hiatus
Bronze Member

Thanks for the welcome, madewy and Angela!

My wife had never seen Who's the Boss? until we watched it together when the release of the dvd came out. She absolutely loves the show, now. I can't tell you how many a tear she's shed from one of the many heartwarming episodes that she's seeing for the first time. For instance, Requiem. She happily watched the whole episode, and when the credits rolled and showed that the show was in memory of Tony's father, she just broke down! Oh, she's hooked, alright!

Thanks again!
Unread 10-06-2004, 09:45 AM   #5
Peggy
Golden Member

Welcome to the forums, Chris! It´s so great that you can watch WTB with your whole family! Looking forward to your posts!
Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2007, 04:37 PM   #6
huxfords_hiatus
Bronze Member

Hey, I'm back! Almost three years ago I joined here, and over the years, I have popped in from time to time to read about my favorite tv sitcom. Good to see some of the same people posting here.

I love WTB? more than ever. I've watched the first season over and over with my family, and still hold out hope for more dvd releases. I have two worn out vhs tapes that are filled with seasons 5 - 6 episodes. I haven't seen any of the other seasons episodes in years and what a shame that is.

Again. just reintroducing myself, and I hope to contribute to the discussion here from time to time.

Chris
Unread 09-18-2007, 05:43 PM   #7
madewy
WTB? Expert

It's so nice to see you back once more. I was here when you joined us briefly those few years ago and your initial post moved me then as it still does. If you care to e mail me at madewy43@aol.com I have a private offer for you Chris.
Unread 09-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #8
huxfords_hiatus
Bronze Member

Thanks for the warm "welcome bacK" madewy.
Unread 09-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
Tony&Angela8492
WTB? Expert

Welcome back, Chris!
Unread 09-19-2007, 11:59 PM   #10
ReJoys2
WTB? Expert

I remember you too, huxfords_hiatus. We're glad you decided to stop in again. Your wife is welcome to join us too. She might enjoy the discussions in our forum archives, along with you. Some of them help fill in the gaps of missing information from the show. Others were intended to help answer questions, but sometimes we had to come to the conclusion that they left us with still more questions, like when did Tony know that he first loved Angela, or why did the Allnighter happen? In the end, some answers are as elusive as the basic question, "Who's the Boss?" But it's oh, so much fun to delve into the depths of the show and look for them!

Last edited by ReJoys2; 09-20-2007 at 01:51 AM.
ReJoys2 is offline   Reply With Quote