Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > TV & Movie Talk

TV & Movie Talk Is there another TV show, besides Who's the Boss?, that you enjoy watching? See a good movie recently? Talk about it here!

Also, use this forum to announce an upcoming television/movie/stage appearance that a cast/guest member has appeared in.

Unread 04-04-2006, 11:17 PM   #1
Tony&Angela8492
WTB? Expert

Law & Order: SVU

I've watched this show back and forth. And I'm really getting into it more. My favorite characters are Detective Elliott Stabler and Detective Olivia Benson. I also like Lawyer Casey Novak. A few others too... but my favs are definately Benson and Stabler.

Last edited by Tony&Angela8492; 04-06-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Tony&Angela8492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 12:59 AM   #2
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

I've honestly have never seen the show, but my friend loves Olivia Benson and refers to her as that, while I refer to her by her real name, Mariska Hargatay. I like MH, she was in a Lifetime movie that I liked. :-)
Unread 04-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #3
robins99

I am a huge SVU fan and a fan of Mariska Hargitay as well. If you like Mariska, you should check out her official site at http://www.mariska.com. She posts a blog from time to time and it has a lot of great information about her and her charity, the Joyful Heart Foundation.

Alyssa86, are you referring to "The Plain Truth" by chance? That is a great Lifetime movie! Do you have it on DVD?

Angela: You would ruin our friendship for love?

Tony: In a second. I'd throw it in the garbage. I'd spit on it. I'd flush it down the toilet.

Angela: (Touched) Oh, Tony, that is so beautiful.
robins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by robins99
are you referring to "The Plain Truth" by chance? That is a great Lifetime movie! Do you have it on DVD?
Ooohhh, I think I saw that...about an amish girl on trial for the murder of her baby, right? And she denied she was ever pregnant? I'm not necessarily a Hargatay fan one way or the other, but that was a good movie. I like the actress who played the amish girl too, I can't think of her name right now, but she's been in a lot of good movies.

Mariska is on the cover of TV Guide this week, too...very cute picture.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 07:05 PM   #5
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

Yeah i own it on DVD I also own a couple of other Lifetime movies, one that I bought at Pamida in Morris (never heard of Pamida? think of Wal-mart only worse)

Alison Pill played the Amish girl, I think her name was Katie in the movie.
Unread 04-05-2006, 11:11 PM   #6
Elmeister
WTB? Expert

I'm a huge SVU fan...really like the way that the show is written and how the cast plays its characters. It's pretty realistic, too. Trust me, I know these things...

Angela: I don't have to tell him. He knows.

Mona: Wrong. You do have to tell him. And then you have to show him. And after that, you have to tell him what you just showed him. C'mon, let's face it dear. Men are stupid.
-From "Road to Washington II"
Everyone needs a Brooklyn Sailor to love...
Elmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #7
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Now you're speaking MY language people! SVU is second on my list of favortite TV Shows (with WTB? being my #1 of course!). The writting is brilliant, the stories are captivating and lets not forget the amazing cast! I have the three available seasons on DVD and I watch the show religiously!!

Have any of you caught the new show called 'Conviction'? It's by the same creator as L&O. One of the characters in it is former A.D.A on SVU Alexandra Cabot. She plays the same character but on a different show. Conviction is pretty good but different from SVU, it's more focued on the characters.

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2006, 01:14 AM   #8
madewy
WTB? Expert

Question Danzas_girl. Neither my husband nor I can figure this out. Didn't Alexandra Cabot leave Law and Order SVU because she was put in the 'witness protection program'? Usually the same continuity runs through all three of the L & O shows. Like Fred Thompson being the State District Attorney on all the shows, etc. So what happened to Stephanie March's character of Cabot? How was she suddenly able to resurface as Cabot? You know, I could understand it if they gave her character a different name but this is wierd.

Maybe now that John Gotti, Jr is in prison it's safe for her to come back. But at least put on your dark glasses Alexandra. By the way, It doesn't look like recently having been married to celebrity chef Bobby Flay has hurt Stephanie March's figure any.
madewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2006, 06:13 AM   #9
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

She was put in the witness protection program but in a later season (6 I think) she made a comeback because they caught the man who tried kill her. She acctually testified againts him. So I guess that's why she's not in it anymore? Does that make any sense? he he I wrote this at 6:21am and I am barely awake!

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2006, 12:19 PM   #10
robins99

Madewy, that question has been rolling around the SVU boards for months now. They're apparently supposed to dig deeper into the whole witness protection thing at some point this season -- at least that's what Dick Wolf has been saying. If you ask me, they should have done "Conviction" as a spin-off kind of thing from SVU and explained the situation from day one. What I want to know is why there hasn't been any mention on SVU about Cabot being back. Weren't they all like best friends...especially Olivia? I think Mr. Wolf dropped the ball on this one!

Anneli, the other actress in "Plain Truth" is Alison Pill. She is really great in that and I'm sure I've seen her in other things as well. And Mariska is just too cute on the cover of TV Guide this month. There's a great article and some other pics inside as well. That's going to be a big baby -- she's not due till June 23rd or something!

Angela: You would ruin our friendship for love?

Tony: In a second. I'd throw it in the garbage. I'd spit on it. I'd flush it down the toilet.

Angela: (Touched) Oh, Tony, that is so beautiful.
robins99 is offline   Reply With Quote