Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 07-01-2007, 11:50 PM   #21
Listner
WTB? Expert

Icon12 Elmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmeister
There's a lot of good-natured ribbing between cops and firefighters...you know, who's the finest...who's the bravest. The firefighters have a saying, "God created firefighters so that police officers could have heroes."
I would just like to mention that I have absolutely no concept how Police or Firefighters have the constant courage, drive and selflessness that it takes to do what you do everyday. What would we be without each and everyone of you who go to work everyday "just doing your job".

I actually think about it quite often and all I can say is "God Bless each and every one of you and Thank you very much!"

Last edited by Listner; 07-02-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #22
TonyAngela4ever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listner
I would just like to mention that I have absolutely no concept how Police or Firefighters have the constant courage, drive and selflessness that it takes to do what you do everyday. What would we be without each and everyone of you who go to work everyday "just doing your job".

I actually think about it quite often and all I can say is "God Bless each and every one of you and Thank you very much!"
I second that, Listner.
TonyAngela4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2007, 07:43 PM   #23
Whitter
Golden Member

Hugs to all of you having hard times of late, madewy, ReJoys, and Elmeister... when you're down, the only way to go is up!

Good luck on getting the job, TonyAngela4ever!

My happinesses today (I swear I'm going to type some of the things on my calendar one of these days!):

- Listening to great music from the 30s, 40s, and 50s this morning whilst getting ready for work.
- Clean sheets!
- Dove chocolates with caramel in the center.
- I already mentioned this, but on a hot day like today it's worth mentioning again... Ice and Water!
- The fact that this will be a 4-day work week.
Unread 07-04-2007, 10:04 PM   #24
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

I spoke a little too soon on my last list. My sister is bipolar and for those of you who may have had experience with it, it can be rough. *but* a happy thing that I'm greatful for is that she is getting the help she needs.
also...
-I had a great visit with her today
-I second that, Whitter, ice and water on a hot day for sure
-that my friend is visiting from Texas tomorrow
-eating "kid" cereal for breakfast, I love Count Chocula

TonyAngela4ever, glad your job interview went well! They can be stressful!
mich_l81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #25
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
-eating "kid" cereal for breakfast, I love Count Chocula
Yes!! Count Chocula, Cocoa Puffs (mixed with Reese's Puffs), Cap'n Crunch, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Cocoa Krispies all make me delightfully happy too.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2007, 01:20 AM   #26
Listner
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich_l81
My sister is bipolar and for those of you who may have had experience with it, it can be rough.
I can relate, I have a sister with something very similar but worse. She and her illness are always on my mind and will forever be my responsibility and a part of my life. However, everything I have learned by doing research on the Internet has made it much easier for me to understand and deal with the whole thing. So I would definitely put the Internet very close to the top of my "Happy Things" list.

Last edited by Listner; 07-05-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Unread 07-05-2007, 02:20 AM   #27
madewy
WTB? Expert

I can relate too ladies. I have a niece who is, and has been, bipolar for many years now. And I'm certain you both know volumes more about the illness than I. But I can tell you that my niece has made steady improvement, through new generation drugs and an enlightened State run program (She live in California), and enjoys a far better quality of life than we ever expected. Hope and faith are everything.

So that would be something for my happy list today.
Celebrating America's birthday yesterday would be another.
Unread 07-05-2007, 02:33 AM   #28
Listner
WTB? Expert

Icon12 Judy, Judy, Judy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madewy
So that would be something for my happy list today.
Celebrating America's birthday yesterday would be another.
Madewy you are definitely an item on my happy list. You are very funny and witty, intelligent and very opened minded and also loyal and very compassionate. And I know you because of the Internet!

Another would be The Danzaman! How can I be anything but happy watching him sing and dance and perform. My husband was even laughing out loud tonight watching Tony being Tony on PBS.

So to recap:

Happy list, Madewy and The Danzaman!
Unread 07-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #29
robins99

My happy list:

-- Music (listening to it and making it)

-- Friends (including several on this site)

-- Shopping

-- Good food
-- Finally finding a special someone

Angela: You would ruin our friendship for love?

Tony: In a second. I'd throw it in the garbage. I'd spit on it. I'd flush it down the toilet.

Angela: (Touched) Oh, Tony, that is so beautiful.
robins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2007, 01:48 PM   #30
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

My sister was diagnosed when she was 12, she’s 24 now. Unfortunately she has Bipolar Affective disorder, which is more severe than regular Bipolar. She has been more or less fine for 7 years, so it’s disheartening to see her this way now. It’s been 6+ tumultuous weeks since she has been having issues.

I second your vote for the internet as a happy thing. It helps tremendously when researching medications, etc!
I have faith that things will be OK, we’ve just got to get the right combination of meds.

Some more happy things for today
-my tendency to go on tangents can lead to interesting conversations
-Seroogy’s chocolate, delicious!
-Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast (good list, Anneli!)
-beautiful weather
mich_l81 is offline   Reply With Quote