Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 09-19-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
ReJoys2
WTB? Expert

Important Announcement To WTB?R Members

Congratulations to Anneli!

Anneli will be away from the site for about a week and a half, according to her post in General Discussions, then she will be returning here to a brand new life, or at least a new path taken. We didn’t plan the timing of this announcement for when she’s away, but since she’ll be checking in from time to time, we’re going to let you in on the news now.

We are happy to announce that Anneli has been offered and has accepted the position as Head Administrator here on the Who’s The Boss? Resource web site. Jason continues to have time restrictions because of his college schedule and other commitments and is happy that Anneli has agreed to take on more responsibilities. Anneli has been a wonderful asset to the site since her first visit. I think you’ll all agree that she adds a spark of enthusiasm to the forums and her leadership skills have been invaluable since she agreed to help with the moderating.

Robins99 will continue to be a Moderator, which she has done so well and willingly since she signed on. She has a very busy schedule too, like all other musicians who have to keep their day jobs while climbing the ladder to success. If you’re read her recent posts, you know that someone new is taking up even more of her time these days, but I’m sure she wouldn’t change a thing! We appreciate you more than we can say, Robin, and you are an indispensable part of our team!

As for me, I will be a part-time Administrator, as an advisor and consultant, while Anneli takes over the lion’s share of responsibilities. That will include the Fan Fiction Section. It has been one of my greatest pleasures to serve as Moderator and Administrator of this site, almost since it’s birth. Now it’s time to pass the baton to new leadership. I know the site will continue to grow and prosper with Anneli at the helm. I think it would be hard to find a better gathering place on the Internet than this one and I plan to be around and available for a long time, just not quite as often. I thank each one of you for the wonderful years and experiences that we’ve shared.
"You’re all the best, and don’t let anyone ever tell you any different!"

Last edited by ReJoys2; 09-19-2007 at 07:08 PM.
ReJoys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
sitcomgirl
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReJoys2
We are happy to announce that Anneli has been offered and has accepted the position as Head Administrator here on the Who’s The Boss? Resource web site.

Congratulations!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReJoys2
I think you’ll all agree that she adds a spark of enthusiasm to the forums and her leadership skills have been invaluable since she agreed to help with the moderating.

I couldn't have said it better myself!!
Unread 09-19-2007, 07:36 PM   #3
charmedcherie
WTB? Expert

Congratulations Eileen... "You’re the best, and don’t let anyone ever tell you any different!"

Your pal,

--Ashley
"I'll tell ya Judith and I are quite a pair. In real life, we're both married — to different people. But I'm in love with her ability; she's a terrific actress, and she's really great at comedy, and I do feel a strong love for her. So I guess that's why it's so easy for the two of us to play at sexual tension."

--Tony Danza on friend and co-star Judith Light

"The love of this woman grounded him..." {Taken from a wtb? special, although I'm not sure which one, lol}
charmedcherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 08:46 PM   #4
angie1379
WTB? Expert

My warmest congratulations to Anneli. You're a WTB? natural!

And even on a part-tme basis, Joyce, your footprint on this site is bigger than all of us. We all owe you a HUGE debt of gratitude for all you've done.

Best of luck to both of you!

ANGELA: But Tony, the best times of my life are with you.
angie1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
Tony&Angela8492
WTB? Expert

CONGRATULATIONS, Anneli!

I didn't even know about any of this. (Go figure for someone who hasn't been around much)

I'm sure you'll do great!
Unread 09-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #6
jasonc_wtbr
WTB?R Owner

Eileen, it's an honor to have you as WTB?R's new Head Administrator. I have no doubt that you're going to do a great job, alongside Joyce & Robin. I only wish I could be around to help more.

Quote:
...your footprint on this site is bigger than all of us. We all owe you a HUGE debt of gratitude for all you've done.
I agree wholeheartedly. Joyce, thank you for all you've done and continue to do for the site.

Episode 178: A Well-Kept Housekeeper

ANG: You really want to feel like a man?
TONY: What'd you have in mind?
ANG: Open this jar.
(TONY opens the jar. ANGELA gasps)
TONY: Was it as good for you as it was for me?
jasonc_wtbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 10:37 PM   #7
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1379
Joyce, your footprint on this site is bigger than all of us.
Well that's for sure...I'm already shakin' in my shoes standing inside that giant footprint and those giant shoes that made it!

I will tell you all here now that when Joyce first approached me with this proposition, I was so saddened to think that our "mama bear" was venturing away from our little home here-- even if it is just for a bit longer periods of time-- that I could hardly even consider the notion. After all, wtb?r IS Joyce, and Jason, with madewy, and Elmeister, and everyone else who has come along over the years paddling along behind. To even think about Joyce stepping away, for me, was an idea that not only felt funny, but scared the heck out of me too. After all, Joyce, was the one that greeted me and most of us warmly at the door when we first showed up here, and the one who had all the answers and the one who I knew could fix it up and make it right, whether it be a problem with our accounts, a problem in a topic, or posting problems. She's also the one who had so much insight into our little show, that her posts seemed to blaze a sensible trail that everyone followed. I know I speak for everyone here when I tell you Joyce, that we truly love you.

So, after much time getting used to the idea, and the nice security blanket of knowing Joyce will still be available if I really mess it up I feel really good now knowing that I can take a load of work off her plate and give her more time with her grandkids and her family, and for her to do just whatever she wants to do. I love it, Joyce, that you'll still be checking in and I love it that maybe visiting the site without having a lot of responsibilities might inspire you to post more of your wise, insightful, and right-on-the-money posts. And I love it that you'll always be our "mama bear" no matter what little words it says under your name.

Thank you to everyone for all the nice words of encouragement and all the congratulations, and please bear with me while I stand in those giant shoes and try to pretend I fill them.

Ok, off to bed...6am flight.

Eileen

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:29 AM   #8
madewy
WTB? Expert

It seemed so appropriate to me when I saw Rejoys was the first post on here today and Anneli's was the last...that I just hated adding on to the page, but how can I not? This moment, this symbolic passing of the torch, demands I tell two good friends how very natural it seems.

Angie1379 expressed Rejoys' role here and how we all feel about her better than I ever could. In fact I wish I'd said it. But I didn't so I'll just say this; the last few years have been made far better for me and others by WTB?R as equally shepherded by Jason and Joyce. You've been true partners. And you Joyce are a guiding light. I've been privileged to follow that light. Thank you for more than I can say.

Now Anneli will provide the break Rejoys has earned. And I believe she would not take that break if she weren't completely confident in your abilities. I think some of us knew, the moment you came on board, there was something special about you, about your connection to WTB? and your ability to draw us in with your enthusiasm and wisdom. And to open new roads for this site to travel down. Kudos Anneli. There couldn't be a better choice to fill those giant footsteps.

Last edited by madewy; 09-20-2007 at 01:33 AM.
madewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 05:23 PM   #9
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

CONGRATULATIONS ANNELI!!!
Unread 09-20-2007, 11:07 PM   #10
ReJoys2
WTB? Expert

You all bring tears to my eyes. Thank you for the kind words. Angie, I didn't know my feet were quite so big, but your metephor is beautiful and I thank you with all my heart! I feel like Anneli did in one of our recent correspondences when she said, "I thought I would have to be dead to hear such nice things said about me!" (Didn't Tony say that too?)

Not to worry, Anneli. You'll do great. Sometimes it takes a little time for a new pair of shoes to feel comfortable, but I know the shoes are the right size for you! Madewy is right that we have complete confidence in you. You've won the hearts of the members and left a pretty significant footprint of your own already!

Madewy, I appreciate your words, different from Angie's, but with every bit as much meaning, given and received with love. And I wish I had come up with one of the sentences you used, "And to open new roads for this site to travel down," because it's exactly where we were trying to guide this site with this change. I know we'll all enjoy following and walking beside Anneli down more of her creative paths and roads.

I wish I could call everyone by name and tell you how much your posts and your presence here on the site mean to me. Sometimes we get a fanfic about Tony or Angela moving on with their lives after Savor The Veal, instead of getting married and being together. When I read one of those stories, I always have an empty and sad feeling that Tony and Angela aren't together like we always knew they should be. That's how I would feel without this group of people, like I had moved too far away. So I plan to be around, helping whenever I'm needed, just making smaller footprints!

Thanks again for the love and support you've all given. And a very special thank-you to Jason who has been a friend and confidant from the beginning, and has been so faithful through the years to give us of this wonderful place to meet and make friends. See you next post!

Last edited by ReJoys2; 09-21-2007 at 09:54 AM.
ReJoys2 is offline   Reply With Quote