Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 12-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #331
dreamtonette
Diamond Member

I agree, thanks for bringing this back! Definitely fun to reread these.

Did you know that I'm a bit embarrassed by some of the things I wrote 4 years ago? The writing makes me feel so young. I don't know why but for some reason it feels a bit strange, going back mentally. But it's fun at the same time and interesting to relive some memories and see where I've been since then.

Okay, a real one: Did you know that I love baking but don't do it very often because I don't have enough people to bake for? I baked 2 types of cookies today (but wanted to go overboard and make TONS more) because I'm seeing some family later. I wish I could do it more often--it's meditative for me but of course I don't want all of those cookies sitting around my own house I love feeding people and making people happy through food. I'm like an old Jewish grandmother
dreamtonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #332
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtonette
Did you know that I'm a bit embarrassed by some of the things I wrote 4 years ago?
I think a lot of us feel the exact same way.

Did you know that I'm officially addicted to the Food Network thanks to a certain someone on this website?

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #333
TonyAngelaCrobat
Silver Member

Oh goody, goody I get to add mine! Well did you know I'm a full time student and athlete? It's a lot of work. Well I have so little time during the week, it gets to be a lot... but Who's the Boss? / other TV shows like it are always my way of relaxing when I do have free time!

ANGELA (Interrupting): Look, Tony, our relationship has always been... (She smiles fondly) our relationship.

TONY (Nodding): Yeah, sort of like a blind nun driving with a flat.

ANGELA (Smiling weakly): Never quite thought it about like that...
TonyAngelaCrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #334
AyOhAngela
Bronze Member

Did you know that...I can type 100 words per minute on both an American and a UK keyboard? (Yes, there is a difference) In fact, my laptop keyboard is a UK keyboard and my work computers are American keyboards. Imagine my start to everyday and having to re-orientate my fingers. LOL
AyOhAngela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #335
dreamtonette
Diamond Member

I forgot about UK keyboards! I lived in London for a semester and always had a hard time using the computers there!
dreamtonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #336
TonyAngelaCrobat
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyOhAngela View Post
Did you know that...I can type 100 words per minute on both an American and a UK keyboard? (Yes, there is a difference) In fact, my laptop keyboard is a UK keyboard and my work computers are American keyboards. Imagine my start to everyday and having to re-orientate my fingers. LOL
My goodness, that is impressive . How long did it take you to train to do that? To be honest I've never seen a UK keyboard... *goes off to Google*

ANGELA (Interrupting): Look, Tony, our relationship has always been... (She smiles fondly) our relationship.

TONY (Nodding): Yeah, sort of like a blind nun driving with a flat.

ANGELA (Smiling weakly): Never quite thought it about like that...
TonyAngelaCrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #337
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAngelaCrobat View Post
To be honest I've never seen a UK keyboard... *goes off to Google*
I tried looking it up too and I didn't see a difference. hehe Maybe the one I looked at was wrong? I'm not sure. I have French/bilingual keyboards at home. They just have the little fancy shmancy accents and stuff. And I'm used to the French settings so it's funny when Anglo people start using my computers and they are all confused!

Unread 10-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #338
AyOhAngela
Bronze Member

Off the top of my head: I have a £, $ and Euro sign (though I don't have time to use the functions to make it, lol) which means those are all on different numbers. Thus making the &* and % buttons on different keys. The @ sign and the " are in reversed positions. I have both Function and Alt G buttons. A lot of the other symbols are in different places as well (I've got this one `¬ which is pretty cool. I've had people not notice until they sit down to type and start hitting the wrong buttons. LOL It's just minor adjustments. If I have time after I get home from work, I'll take a picture of my keyboards and my roommates to see if I can show you the difference.
AyOhAngela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #339
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Oh! I thought maybe the letters were in different spots!