Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > The Missing Scenes

The Missing Scenes Discuss and/or transcribe scenes that are edited out of WTB? in syndication.

Unread 01-08-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

Savor The Veal 1

For those who have never seen STV1 before they cut out a really cute part last night. After Tony says "So much for the friendly skies"...........

Angela: Well, we're in Iowa. What do you want to do?
Tony: How about we get a bottle of wine, picnic basket, and go watch the sunset over a cornfield?
Angela: Sounds Wonderful
Tony(to the flight attendant) City Girls. Works every time!!! BADA BOOM!!!

Tony and Angela than laugh and walk away arm in arm.
Unread 01-09-2008, 12:53 AM   #2
TonyAngelaFan91
Diamond Member

Thanks Sherry! I watched STV Part 1 on the funnybone thing when they had it on aol to watch the full episodes and I don't remember that part being in there and I think those are supposed to be uncut, aren't they?

Tony: Hey, uh they're playing "our" I mean they're playing "their" song, wanna dance? What'dya say?
Angela: Well, if you don't think we're moving too fast?
Tony: Its okay, (softly) its a slow dance.
TonyAngelaFan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 03:12 AM   #3
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

I noticed they cut that whole big part out too. There was another really nasty edit when Tony was reading the letter about the job offer and he said it doesn't matter what it is, he'll take it. They rather abruptly went to the inside of the car (which they do anyway) but they cut some of Judith's lines first.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #4
BigWTBfan
Platinum Member

I also noticed that they cut out some at the very beginning when Mona tells Mrs. R. that she wanted to take her picture and then Tony comes back from the bathroom. It seems like a goot 1 minute and a half was cut. It opens with Mona taking Tony and Al's picture.
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #5
angie1379
WTB? Expert

Ya know, the very fact that that our forums need an entire category to discuss missing scenes REALLY, REALLY makes me hate advertising, (no offense to Angela Bower ) But it is just sooo ridiculous that viewers are forced to tolerate syndicated shows that are cut to bits in order for mulit-million dollar companies to make even more mney. From television to stores to banks to jobs, absolutely nothing is done with the best interest of the consumer in mind anymore.

Okay, I could go on, but I don't know that this is the place for it. Just reading one more example of scenes deleted for money's sake hit a nerve this morning.

ANGELA: But Tony, the best times of my life are with you.
angie1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #6
nixmom
Golden Member

Location: Virginia Beach, VA now...but also Nevada California Florida and Alaska to name a few
AMEN sister!
nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #7
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Ditto.
I'm not even watching the episodes on ION and it makes me mad to hear that these great episodes are being butchered like that. My question is, why? Weren't the WTB? epsidoes 22 minutes each like every other show out there? It's especially bad for the ones who are watching them for the first time.

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #8
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

*Scratching Head* This is something that I have never understood. When a show is in its original run you see the entire episode uncut with commercials. But, when it goes into syndication what happens?! EDITING!!! Why is that? I know that the obvious answer is money. But if they can air original uncut episodes when shows originally air then why can't they show the same uncut episodes in syndication and still have time for commercials?!
Unread 01-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #9
nixmom
Golden Member

Location: Virginia Beach, VA now...but also Nevada California Florida and Alaska to name a few
Because prime time first run advertising is much pricier than syndication adverstising slots. Takes more commericials to make money after first run prime time showing.
nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #10
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1379
Ya know, the very fact that that our forums need an entire category to discuss missing scenes REALLY, REALLY makes me hate advertising, (no offense to Angela Bower )

Okay, I could go on, but I don't know that this is the place for it. Just reading one more example of scenes deleted for money's sake hit a nerve this morning.

What really makes me mad is that they cut a huge chunk in the beginning of STV2. They started with Tony fluffing the pillows and saying "For the last time". But the cute/funny scenes with Angela and Tony reminiscing about the jacket he was wearing when he 1st applied for the job, Sam and Tony hugging each other after she says"I'm going to miss you so much Daddy!!" Jonathon telling Tony that he has been like a Dad and that he was going to miss him, and Mona being all worried that this is a Butt head move were all cut out.