Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 02-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

What Would You Recommend? (or not!)

I love a great product, and I love to share great products too. I just wondered what you all have tried and loved, tried and hated, wanted to try, never tried, use all the time, used to use, whatever.

I haven't been able to try those grapples yet from the other thread....what else do you love? Hate? Here's mine:

I would not recommend Glade Scented Candles. First off, they don't scent very much (not compared to a Yankee Candle anyway), and secondly, they burn a hole only right down the middle and leave most of the candle left in the jar when the wick burns out.

I would not recommend Bic Velocity Pens. They look cool and they are comfortable to hold, but I could swear they are not filled with much ink. Everytime I've gotten one of those it has only lasted a couple of days. They're overpriced too. I would recommend Papermate Comfortmate pens. They are comfortable to hold, write smoothly, and last a long time.

Last one...I am liking those new Birdseye Steamfresh vegetables. I know it probably isn't good for me steaming them in the bag like that, but they taste great, better than most frozen vegetables, and when I can't get fresh they are the next best thing.

What do you recommend? Or not?

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann

Last edited by Anneli; 02-28-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
The_Micellis
Silver Member

What a great topic. OK, a book that everyone should own is the ZAGAT restaurant guide for whatever city you live in. Man, it is fabulous.
The_Micellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Ooooh, great recommendation! I like all the Zagat guides. They make one with movies too.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Unread 02-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
OakHillsDrive
WTB? Expert

If you are a coupon clipper, I would recommend a website called thegrocerygame.com. The first month costs about $2 to try out, but it is fabulous. You type in your zip code and they give you all the grocery stores in your immediate area. You can pick any number of stores for that first month and they give you a list of all that stores' "in store specials" and "advertised specials," They show you what coupons from the Sunday paper go with which stores specials. The first time I did it I did a lot of stocking up. I bought almost two grocery carts worth of food, toiletries and etc for under $120. AFter the first month, I think its ten dollars for the first store and then $5 for each additional for an 8 week subscription. If you are on a tight budget, the price you pay for the subscription pays for it self with your first trip to the store.
OakHillsDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
The_Micellis
Silver Member

A "must have" in every household is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It can be used on anything! In fact, just a few days ago it was so windy down here that a coconut fell out of a tree and cracked on my car and stained the paint. The magic eraser worked its magic and I didn't have to take the car to a body shop!
Unread 02-28-2008, 08:41 PM   #6
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Micellis
...a coconut fell out of a tree and cracked on my car...
It's probably not so funny to you because I bet it made a dent...but that's really funny...do you live on Gilligan's Island??

-Mary Ann
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:16 PM   #7
jenki2rl
Golden Member

I would recommend diet cherry coke zero! It tastes more like regular soda than any other diet drink that I've tried, and I've never been much of a fan of diet sodas because of the taste. But this is a diet drink I can live with!

I would not recommend a hair dryer with a retractable cord! I got one for Christmas that my mother-in-law swears by. The darn cord attempts to retract in the middle of drying my hair every day. It's quite the battle. And a battle that I do not have time to fight when I'm running late for work! My husband thinks it's fun to watch though! I really need to dig around for my old hair dryer. I give up!
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #8
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenki2rl
The darn cord attempts to retract in the middle of drying my hair every day. It's quite the battle. And a battle that I do not have time to fight when I'm running late for work! My husband thinks it's fun to watch though!
I had no idea this was going to be such a humorous topic. You guys are cracking me up! I have all kinds of visuals flying around in my head

-Mary Ann
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #9
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Micellis
A "must have" in every household is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It can be used on anything! In fact, just a few days ago it was so windy down here that a coconut fell out of a tree and cracked on my car and stained the paint. The magic eraser worked its magic and I didn't have to take the car to a body shop!
I love the Mr's Clean Shower Scrubber. Not sure if that's the exact names but's like a "swiffer" but for the shower and bath. I love it...Easy on the back.

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:59 PM   #10
The_Micellis
Silver Member

Icon12

Oh Anneli, every time I tell that coconut story, everyone laughs! Some stroke of luck though...no dent! Hey, I'm going to try the Mr. Clean Shower Scrubber. This post is funny AND useful.