Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 02-29-2008, 11:17 PM   #21
Listner
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryLH
eating when you are hungry,
That is one of my worst bad habits...I don't eat when I'm hungry. And for those of you who know I'm usually joking around about things, I'm actually serious. I forget to eat when I'm hungry. And if I do realize I'm hungry I'll make something to eat and then forget to eat it. Later when I realize I'm hungry I wonder why because I ate not that long ago, so when I go to make something else to eat I find the first thing I made that I forgot to eat.

When I realize I'm hungry I sometimes mention it out loud and my husband always says "Then perhaps you should eat something." It's become quite funny over the years and I also think that would be a great name for a restaurant.
"Perhaps You Should Eat Something". It would be a very low pressure establishment.

And the reason Grapples are working out so well for me is...I see it, I wash it, and then I can eat it immediately.
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 11:38 PM   #22
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

That's funny, Listner, because my eating habits are all screwed up too. I don't eat when I'm hungry either...not because I forget, but because there's nothing I feel like eating, there's nothing I feel like making, I don't have time, it's too much trouble, I don't want to eat anything that's too fattening or has the wrong "stuff" in it (too many carbs, too much sugar, white flour, no protein, yada yada yada...) and that pretty much eliminates everything so I end up eating nothing at all. I am very used to going whole days eating nothing at all or having my first meal of the day after 8pm, and my job is very conducive to those habits. I don't even feel hunger anymore except when I'm really hungry. I'm not anorexic or bulimic, nor do I binge but I do carry extra weight. And when I do actually sit down for a meal, usually when someone has prepared it for me, I can eat. I know it sounds crazy, but I really think if I could just eat 3 balanced meals a day like a normal person I'd probably be a normal weight. I just don't know how to do that.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #23
jenki2rl
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneli
I know it sounds crazy, but I really think if I could just eat 3 balanced meals a day like a normal person I'd probably be a normal weight. I just don't know how to do that.
Actually, that doesn't sound crazy at all! Eating frequently (and the right foods) boosts your metabolism. When you skip meals, your metabolism slows down so that your body can conserve energy. Your body basically goes into survival/starvation mode. Eating 3 pre-portioned meals a day, with healthy snacks in between keeps the metabolism up! That's alot of eating, which is good, because I like to eat!

P.S. I love your new signature, Anneli!
Unread 03-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #24
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenki2rl
That's alot of eating, which is good, because I like to eat!
It is a lot of eating, and it seems like a lot of time in a day spent preparing and eating food. Believe it or not, I love food though and I love to eat, I just can't seem to work it out in my day. I would love to have a chef that just put food in front of me when I'm supposed to eat it, packed healthy lunches for me and just handed it to me as I went out the door, called me at some theoretical lunchtime during the day and told me to stop and eat...and when I opened the bag there'd be something in there that I could eat on the run so that I really could eat something while I was running around (because many a day I'd bring a lunch to work on Monday and on Wednesday it was still in the fridge). Is that too much to ask??
Quote:
P.S. I love your new signature, Anneli!
Thanks! Yeah, I like that one too. I've used it before but it's one of my favorites. Charmedcherie helped me find the perfect picture to go with the quote.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Unread 03-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #25
donionden

I second the Zagat guide!
donionden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #26
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Comet Bathroom Cleaner - the kind that comes in the spray bottle - man that stuff is amazing! I've been trying to switch over to the "green" products but I'm having a hard time replacing that one.

3 Musketeers Mint - Mmmmm!! Good frozen too. And they're little so it's not too much.

Now a question for you guys...the water in my part of Florida is absolutely ruining my dishes. Even when I just put water in a glass it leaves spots on the glasses that do not come off. Even if you dry the dishes after washing them there's a film that does not come off. Everything is just dingy and filmy and spotty and crusty and gross. And plastic? Forget about it. I've had to throw most of it away by now. To make matters worse, my dishwasher doesn't have a hole for Jet Dry. I've tried a lot of different dishwasher soaps and none that I've tried completely correct the problem-- and some make it worse-- but Electrasol Powerball Tabs (they have jet-dry in them) seem to sort of keep the problem a little at bay, and have worked better than anything else I've tried. So, does anyone recommend anything better that might really get the job done? Besides moving?

Oh, and one more recommendation...I love my Brita Water Pitcher. I just wish I could attach it to the dishwasher.

-Mary Ann

Last edited by Anneli; 03-05-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Unread 03-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #27
sitcomgirl
WTB? Expert

Quote:
3 Musketeers Mint - Mmmmm!! Good frozen too.
I can't find them here. I really want to try them too!
Quote:
So, does anyone recommend anything better that might really get the job done? Besides moving?
Besides moving? I got nothin!
Quote:
I just wish I could attach it to the dishwasher.
sitcomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #28
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

Quote:
So, does anyone recommend anything better that might really get the job done?
We get something like that all the time when the water softener is running low on salt. We get all this gunk on the bottom of our glasses and our bowls. We've had this problem for many many years, so we are all in the habit of checking our dishes to make sure they are clean.
Unread 03-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #29
jenki2rl
Golden Member

Anneli, have you ever tried the Cascade Advanced Power 2 in 1 Action Pacs? I've always used liquid Cascade, but last summer I bought the power pacs to take to the beach because I figured they'd be easier to deal with. I love them now and haven't bought the liquid stuff since. I have this one pot that I always make iced tea in, and it was permanently stained for years by the tea (so I thought). One cycle with a power pac and it came out spotless! I couldn't believe it. You're problem may be more serious than a few tea stains, but it's worth a try if you haven't done so already.

Another great way to clean the shower - Kaboom! Love it! It works wonders on tile.
Unread 03-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #30
Sarie23
Golden Member

Yes! I second the recommendation of the Brita water pitcher.
But, as a warning, you will never want to drink tap water/bottled water again.
Or maybe that's just me.

I do not recommend dark chocolate raspberry Hershey kisses. Blech.

~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ~ ♥ ~ ~ ♥ ~ ~ ♥ ~ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~
((No matter what, no matter where, it's always home, if love is there))
Sarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote