Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 03-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
Listner
WTB? Expert

Randomness

I always thought "The Jetsons" lived in Space. Apparently they just live in an Apartment that's on stilts way up in the sky.
This makes me wonder what else I have misunderstood all my life!

Do you think when Ducks are having a good day they say "I'm Just People!"
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
TonyAngelaFan91
Diamond Member

LOL, you started a randomness thread. Cool! I thought they lived in space too.

Tony: Hey, uh they're playing "our" I mean they're playing "their" song, wanna dance? What'dya say?
Angela: Well, if you don't think we're moving too fast?
Tony: Its okay, (softly) its a slow dance.
TonyAngelaFan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listner
I always thought "The Jetsons" lived in Space. Apparently they just live in an Apartment that's on stilts way up in the sky.
Are you serious??? I always thought they lived in space too!!! Wow I wonder how many other people thought that too....
Unread 03-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Yeah but remember when they flew around in their little cars it wasn't black and stars all around them, it was blue and clouds...
Although if asked the question I may have gotten it wrong too, being that George worked for Spacely Sprockets and everything had a "space" theme to it...

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
Elmeister
WTB? Expert

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking they did live in some kind of 'space' setting because Judy used to always talk about jetting to Jupiter or other planets...

George did work for Spacely Sprockets...

My favorite part was watching Astro take a walk on the treadmill!

Angela: I don't have to tell him. He knows.

Mona: Wrong. You do have to tell him. And then you have to show him. And after that, you have to tell him what you just showed him. C'mon, let's face it dear. Men are stupid.
-From "Road to Washington II"
Everyone needs a Brooklyn Sailor to love...
Elmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 05:31 AM   #6
aussiekristin
Golden Member

If they lived that high in the sky/space, I wonder what type of air they breathed? :-)
aussiekristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

Talking about random nonsense is a favorite pastime of mine.

That is funny about the Jetsons. How did you come to your revelation? I guess I always assumed they were in space as well, but now that I think about it, I don't think they were?

I've been wondering about this for a while, and I suppose this thread is a good place for my random musings. I have been watching A Haunting a lot on the Discovery Channel, and there is this fascinating show on the Travel Channel that I can't remember the name of where they visit supposedly haunted locales. There was this one episode in an ancient library where books were seemingly falling off the shelves by request. I'm not a believer per se, but I'm also not an absolute skeptic. It's intersting to watch.

Anyway, it got me to thinking. In all these ghost accounts, they are always described as wearing clothes. That doesn't seem weird at first, but think about it, how can clothes be in ghost form. Why should there be "ghosts" of clothes? And why are they always decked out in uniforms or 18th century garb. Aren't there any ghosts from the 80's rocking some hammer pants or hot pink lycra or something? Yes, this is the kind of stuff I think about.

Last edited by mich_l81; 03-07-2008 at 02:20 PM.
mich_l81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #8
jenki2rl
Golden Member

And if you come back as a ghost, do you get to pick out your own outfit? I'm assuming you would always wear the same outfit, right? I guess you'd better pick your outfit out carefully then. Boy, that's a lot of pressure for one outfit! Or maybe you're just stuck in the outfit you died in. That makes me not want to wear sweats to the grocery store!
Unread 03-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #9
madewy
WTB? Expert

mich_l81 and jenki2rl you are both so funny and both so interesting. I like the way your gray matters grow.

I think you're on to something though jenki2rl...I think the ghosts must appear in the clothes they're wearing when they pass. My daughter saw a ghost of a college student once who died at a frat party in the '70's and he was wearing a red sweat shirt and blue jeans. Sounds about right to me. And I feel sure there must be some 'cool' or 'hot' clothed ghosts. We just haven't 'seen' them yet.
Unread 03-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #10
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

That's pretty cool about your daughter Madewy.

Speaking of ghosts, it is one of my biggest fears to see a ghost, but I think I might have seen one when I was around 12. I was in my sisters room pulling stuff out from under the bed when I swear I saw our dead cat run underneath the bed. I don't know if my mind was playing tricks on me, but it seemed so real. I have lately had many many dreams about two of our dead cats too, it's weird.