Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 03-08-2008, 07:51 AM   #11
Listner
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich_l81
That is funny about the Jetsons. How did you come to your revelation?
There was an episode on Boomerang where Elroy made Flying Pills and George thought he could fly because he took one of the pills. However, he wasn't flying because of the pills but because of a "Flying Suit" the cleaners gave him by mistake.

So I asked my Husband "If they live in Space why can't they fly all the time?" He said "Because they don't live in Space!"
I said "They don't?" Then he explained they live in the SkyPad Apartments high up in the sky but not in Space.
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #12
angie1379
WTB? Expert

On the topic of futuristic cartoons: I'll never forget an episode of Bug Bunny I saw in which Bugs and Elmer Fudd are transported into the future. They're chasing each other around in space helmets and Elmer's usual shotgun becomes a laser gun. It had a very Jetsons feel to it, in terms of what the future would look like.

And do you know what year appeared at the bottom of the screen to identify this laser-gun/space helmet future? 1995!

ANGELA: But Tony, the best times of my life are with you.
angie1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #13
Listner
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1379
And do you know what year appeared at the bottom of the screen to identify this laser-gun/space helmet future? 1995!
Oh My! That is very funny!!!
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2008, 09:22 PM   #14
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

Thanks, madewy. Likewise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenki2rl
Or maybe you're just stuck in the outfit you died in. That makes me not want to wear sweats to the grocery store!
Exactly!
Yeah, I'm also thinking you're stuck in the outfit you died in. Maybe that explains why there's no hot pink lycra wearing ghosts. If you have the misfortune to pass while jazzercising, or you're simply the type of person to roll out of bed and rock some hot pink spandex, you're probably a happy person who would not haunt in the afterlife.
I don't know, I still think it's weird there are ghosts of clothes, but I suppose we can't have a bunch of naked spirits running around.

That is hilarious about the cartoon. I always think Back to the Future II is funny too. I think it's supposed to be 2015? Just 7 more years to flying cars!
mich_l81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:15 AM   #15
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
I don't know, I still think it's weird there are ghosts of clothes,
I think it's not ghosts of clothes but all part of the ghost itself. You know, like the ghost is one entity, clothes and whatever else included, like a civil war rifle or whatever. Wouldn't it only be ghosts of clothes or things if they put it down and left it somewhere? And that never happens, does it? Like the civil war soldier never leaves his rifle in a room then walks away and you have a ghost rifle sitting there after the ghost is gone, right? The clothes and the rifle are only there because it's part of the whole ghost. Ya think??
It would be pretty funny though if an absent-minded ghost came haunting with chains and came to a house acting all mean and scary and shaking his chains and throwing his arms up and got all into it and had everyone screaming then made a grand scary exit and forgot his chains laying on the floor.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2008, 04:54 AM   #16
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

I did a little reading into the Jetsons and some people said that the reason the house was on stilts was because the pollution was so bad that they couldn't breathe on the ground. I don't think I've seen a complete episode of the Jetsons (was never really interested in the "space-y / future-y cartoons) so I don't know if it's true or not.
Unread 03-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #17
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneli
It would be pretty funny though if an absent-minded ghost came haunting with chains and came to a house acting all mean and scary and shaking his chains and throwing his arms up and got all into it and had everyone screaming then made a grand scary exit and forgot his chains laying on the floor.

I can appreciate that point of view also. It's just weird to me if I really think about it.

Your post got me to thinking, so I googled "why do ghosts wear clothes" or something similar to see if there were any sort of "scientific" explanations out there. I'm relieved to find I'm not the only weirdo pondering this. Residual hauntings is one explanation. The theory is that something about the surroundings is acting like a recording device and an event repeats itself over and over again. These types of hauntings will usually depict recognizeable people wearing clothes and they can appear mostly solid or transparent.
Another theory was that ghosts project the image they want us to see, or see themselves as.
I'm not saying I believe these, but they are explanations I came across.

I should write a story about what people think about "ghost clothes." Now that would be interesting.
Unread 03-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #18
sitcomgirl
WTB? Expert

I coulda told you that!! I'm just joking, I did know that though.

I'm supposed to go back to Ohio in a couple weeks and grandparents house is haunted. I think I might take a tape recorder and sit in the base ment, see if I can get any evp's or Electronic Voice Phenomenon. That's right, I know my stuff!! Yeah, I know I'm a dork!!
sitcomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:27 PM   #19
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

I had heard of the "recording device" stuff too from the shows I mentioned, but I had never thought of it as an explanation for why ghosts wear clothes. That explanation I came across was so concise too.
I had never thought about the ghost projecting the image they want though.

You are braver than I, I'd be scared to sit and record in the base ment. I'd leave a tape recorder down there though. If you do, let us know what happens!

Here's another tangent, sorry. On those shows like A Haunting, they always mention how they made recordings and caught EVP's as sitcomgirl taught me they are called. Why do they never play them on the show then?
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #20
sitcomgirl
WTB? Expert

Ghost Hunters always plays them. It's om Sci-Fi.

Last edited by sitcomgirl; 03-10-2008 at 03:57 PM.
sitcomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote