Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > The Missing Scenes

The Missing Scenes Discuss and/or transcribe scenes that are edited out of WTB? in syndication.

Unread 03-21-2008, 11:26 PM   #1
amorefan
Platinum Member

Tony For President

This is a weird one. I've been downloading episodes via Comcast on Demand and everything has been uncut, running about 24+ minutes. But then I got to this episode and it is just shy of 22 minutes. I did not notice anything that I hadn't already seen in the syndicated version, although maybe there was something I didn't catch. I also didn't notice any obvious edits. So, what I'm wondering is: does anyone remember seeing this originally? Is there something missing from it? Is there a reason it would have been short? (i.e. something special on TV that night that cut into the time allowed). Just struck me as odd...everything before and after it has been over 2 minutes longer.

Hmmm...I just watched "Angela's New Best Friend" and it was the same thing...just shy of 22 minutes.
“We just had this really great connection and chemistry and friendship, and as the years went on everything got deeper and better. And I can promise you that if I needed anything, I could call him, and he would be there in a heartbeat, and I would be there for him.”
-Judith Light talking about Tony Danza, October 2014-

Last edited by amorefan; 03-22-2008 at 10:44 AM.
amorefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
BrownEyedGirl523
Silver Member

I don't know about Tony for President, but I do have Angela's New Best Friend on Columbia House, and I'll check the time for that, but I do think that it was closer to 24 minutes. That would really stink if they started editing the Comcast eps!

BrownEyedGirl523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
ldmilton
Bronze Member

I know that when they where showing the flashbacks from season 1, in the syndicated version they didn't show the episode of the "first kiss". But I think it was part of the closing credits. And also Angela Best friend episode They didn't show Tony and Diane kissing in the ba*****t, but in the closing credit you can see that they kissed.
ldmilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 10:28 PM   #4
amorefan
Platinum Member

I just re-watched this episode on Comcast on Demand and it definitely is cut. The ending credits show a clip of Angela that is not in the episode. She is wearing the green-ish outfit and appears to be sitting on the arm of the couch or maybe standing. She's making some animated gestures with her hands. Wish I were a lip-reader so I could make out what she was saying!
“We just had this really great connection and chemistry and friendship, and as the years went on everything got deeper and better. And I can promise you that if I needed anything, I could call him, and he would be there in a heartbeat, and I would be there for him.”
-Judith Light talking about Tony Danza, October 2014-