Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 07-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #11
jmar
WTB? Expert

For all you 'bank ladies' - I'm always extra nice to 'em! In fact, when my kids graduated from high school, the bank ladies gave them gifts . We lived in a small town then & it was easy to become acquainted with them. Even now that I'm in a much more populated area, I only go to the branch where they know my name & face on sight. So, customer service is alive & well in some places in SE PA!
jmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
madewy
WTB? Expert

Well if you ladies are going to take the easy route and gripe about husbands...I got me 44 years worth!
Unread 07-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #13
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

What about when people walk their dogs and don't pick up their poo!!
I'm always the one that ends up stepping in it...I'm lucky that way.

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #14
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

I have a lot of peeves too but I'll start with passing traffic. I don't understand these three things and they all irritate the heck out of me:

1. Why do people in traffic fly past everyone else when they have nowhere to go, then hit the brakes hard once they get up on some poor soul's tail?? (a big four feet ahead of where they were a minute ago)

2. Why do some people pass riding the line? I'm convinced it's some sort of show of power (yeah, in their heads!)

3. We have speed bumps in our complex and they're the kind that have the small space right in the middle...so people will drive right down the middle of the road to hit the space (with only one side of tires!), even when someone else is coming, and if you're approaching one of these idiots, you either move way over into the parking spaces, have to stop and let them pass, or go on ahead and smack mirrors with them when they are passing within inches of you. Literally. Some people simply will not move over to their side. I don't understand the big deal. It's not like the whole car fits through the space...and besides it's incredibly rude. If they want to hit the stupid little space then they should be the one to pull over until people pass then they can hog the road all they want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich_l81
That really gets my goat! I've been saying that a lot lately, don't know why.
This American expression dates from about 1900. It was a common practice to put a goat in the stall of a nervous racehorse to be its friend and keep in calm. If people wanted a horse to lose a race, they would sneak the goat out of the stall to upset the horse.

I've been looking through my dictionary of idioms again.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann

Last edited by Anneli; 07-08-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #15
Elmeister
WTB? Expert

Pet Peeves??? I have so many...

My biggest pet peeve is having to deal with someone who was obviously doing something wrong (especially in traffic) who is quick to blame either me or someone else for what he did. I hate being the bad guy - I'm the problem this person is having to deal with because he did something...

Lesson to be learned: "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime..." In other words, man up and take responsibility for your actions!!!

As for the husband...I don't have the time and patience to list all those!

P.S. I also hate it when folks slam on the brakes in front of or refuse to yield to emergency vehicles responding to a situation!

Angela: I don't have to tell him. He knows.

Mona: Wrong. You do have to tell him. And then you have to show him. And after that, you have to tell him what you just showed him. C'mon, let's face it dear. Men are stupid.
-From "Road to Washington II"
Everyone needs a Brooklyn Sailor to love...

Last edited by Anneli; 07-08-2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: changed all caps to bold
Elmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 07:56 PM   #16
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

1) People who **** their noses while others are eating.
For crying out loud excuse yourself and leave the room!!!!
Nobody wants or needs to hear it!!!
2)These never ending idiotic reality shows.
3)Customers who yak yak yak on their cells while I'm trying to wait on them.
4)The fact that summer goes by to fast and winter to slow.
5)People who leave the cap off pens and markers then whine when they dry up.
6)Women who do not have flat stomachs and insist on wearing shirts that show off their flab,
Unread 07-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #17
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

Everything my brother does annoys the crap out me, I won't mention the disgusting ones because I'm sure no one cares.

Anyway, I hate it when my brother slams or kicks doors and he does this all the time. He has the worst temper I have ever seen and my parents had to put in a solid wood door on their bedroom just because he can kick the door in. Soon I'll be getting one too, probably for my safety.
He also uses body spray, cologne and perfume as air fresheners, so he stinks up the house so we can't breathe. I hate it when people leave lights on when they aren't using them, and those who flush the toilet more than they should, all of which my brother does.

It annoys me when this one person I am Facebook friends with only talks about her drinking escapades, like she only has a life when she is drunk. I think it makes her look pathetic.
Unread 07-08-2008, 10:32 PM   #18
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneli View Post
This American expression dates from about 1900. It was a common practice to put a goat in the stall of a nervous racehorse to be its friend and keep in calm. If people wanted a horse to lose a race, they would sneak the goat out of the stall to upset the horse.

I've been looking through my dictionary of idioms again.
Thanks Anneli! I've been wondering where that expression came from. Now I know. Got "pet peeves" in that book of yours? Sure, I can google it, but why deny you a reason to look in your book? I've got to get one of those, I like looking up that sort of thing.

Jenron, that has happened many a time, people putting stuff in the hole without the tube, driving off with the tube, trying to send too much coin, etc. One guy last summer tried to go through the drive-in with his boat on a hitch and ripped the whole thing out of the ground. That was an interesting day.

Sherry's nose ****ing one reminded me of my ultimate pet peeve. I detest fart/burp/etc. jokes and displays. bleh
mich_l81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 03:23 AM   #19
Listner
WTB? Expert

I've have always had a lot of pets...however, I've never named any of them "Peeves".
But if I ever do you guys will be the first ones to know.
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 07:39 AM   #20
jmar
WTB? Expert

Anneli, about people driving down the middle of the road - my dad taught me to just stop. It forces the other person to move over. Don't move at all. That way, if they hit your mirror, they hit you - it's their fault, not yours. I grew up driving on country roads where there was no line down the middle, so it was 'anybody's guess', unless you just stopped in your tracks. It worked! So many people would get really cross with me because they knew that in that instance, 'I was in the driver's seat' Hah. So my pet peeve about driving doesn't happen to me any more....when I lived in Amish country I hated farmers driving their tractors (5 mph) during 'rush hour'. I'm not talking about Amish buggies, that was to be expected - I'm talking about the 'English' farmers who decided that they just had to move hay when we non-farmers were driving home or to work....cars backed up for a mile, no chance to pass 'em....my 'pet peeve'. And for Listner, my pet is named 'peaches' not 'peeve', but based on her little bad habits, maybe I should change it?
jmar is offline   Reply With Quote