Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 07-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #21
jenron12
WTB? Expert

Here's a non-husband related pet peeve... we have a lot of girls at my office who wear platform flip-flops to work, and they refuse to pick up their feet when they walk. So all you hear coming and going down the hallway is this horrible scuffing / flip-flopping noise... it's like nails on a chalkboard, especially when I'm trying to concentrate.
jenron12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #22
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Ah oh Jenron12, I fear you and I could never work together.
Flip-flops are all I wear in the Summer. They are the most confortable things ever. But, I don't drag them on the ground. I hate when people drag their feet. But unfortunately I can't help the flappy sound they make.

Speaking of Summer shoes; what about people who wear socks with their sandals. For some reason that just gets me going. If you're going to wear socks, why not just put shoes on? The whole point of sandals is to let to feet breath...they don't when you have socks on! I actually saw a girl with flip-flips and socks once. Why would she do that? It didn't look confortable at all!

I'm really loving everyones responses. Doesn't it feel great to let these things out?

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #23
jenron12
WTB? Expert

Danzas_girl, it's not the flip flops themselves, it's the scuffing - and the fact that I don't like these particular girls to begin with doesn't help either . They are the same "ladies" (and yes, I use that term loosely) who like to wear very light colored tops and pants with very, very dark colored undergarments. To quote an email my friend Julie sent me recently "there are just some things you can't un-see."

And I totally agree with your socks and sandals peeve!
Unread 07-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #24
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

It bugs me so much when my cable starts acting wonky and "skips" and doesn't come in clearly. It doesn't bother me that I can't watch it, it bothers me that it is just so annoying to hear some things and not the others. I can't explain it, it just bothers me sooooo much! I don't even know why it does it, it happens everyday at the same time for a certain amount of time.
Unread 07-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #25
madewy
WTB? Expert

It's interesting to me that what are now called flip-flops were, for the longest time, called thongs ...until thongs became a style (and I use that term loosely) of bathing suit. Anyway, about two years ago they became all I can wear...literally. Lucky I live in south Florida I guess. When I fly north in the winter it's a challenge.

More on point I hate that dragging, shuffleing noise too. Especially since I know it can be controlled!

And Danza's girl have you ever seen a picture of a Japanese lady with a type of white, split toe sock (tabi) on, while wearing their traditional footwear (zori) which look like our flip-flops? It seems one cultures poor taste is another's tradition.
Unread 07-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #26
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenron12 View Post
They are the same "ladies" (and yes, I use that term loosely) who like to wear very light colored tops and pants with very, very dark colored undergarments.
Wow, jenron, it sounds like your office needs a dress code The last time I worked in an office none of that, including the shoes would have been allowed, but then I worked in an environment with children, too.
My peeve with clothing would be the adolescent boys who allow their pants to drop several inches below the waistband of their underwear...who do they think wants to see that?? That is going to be one of those fads/styles that they are really going to take a lot of ribbing for 10 or 15 years from now when their kids and families are looking back at photos of that!

Speaking of summer peeves...I suppose this isn't a peeve so much as something I just don't understand (like the flip flops with socks)...how come people will put the top down on their convertible but then roll all the windows up? I apologize in advance to anyone around here who might do that, but it looks very silly and backward to me.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann

Last edited by Anneli; 07-09-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #27
jenki2rl
Golden Member

Hmmm. Pet peeves. Let's see:

1. I hate when people attempt a left turn from the right lane and vice versa. You missed your turn! Why cut-off a ton of people?! Keep driving and make a U-Turn up ahead!

2. Living in the DC area, traffic is awful. I really really hate when you are sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and people take the exit ramps just to re-enter the highway and get ahead of everyone else. Yep. That's right. They don't get off the exit. They just use the exit ramp to jump ahead because somehow they have decided that their time is more valuable than everyone elses! And that causes traffic to be even worse because of the extra cars trying to merge.

3. Keeping with the summertime dress code fashion abuse, it really bothers me when men wear short sleeved dress shirts. I don't know why. Maybe it just reminds me too much of Dwight on The Office.

4. My weirdest pet peeve of all - I hate when people breathe on me. It makes my skin crawl to feel someone's breath on my bare skin. Ack!

I feel better now. This topic is rather therapeutic.
Unread 07-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #28
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

I know I don't have the best grammar or spelling but one thing that really bothers me is when people use YOUR when they should be using YOU'RE (or vice versa)...or better yet when they don't capitalize where they're supposed to (or at all).
Perhaps this is just me being really picky.

Unread 07-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #29
jenron12
WTB? Expert

Here's one thing that really bugs me... when strangers invade your personal space. For example, when I'm waiting in line at a store and the person behind me gets too close, either with themselves or with their shopping cart, it bothers me sooo much!
Unread 07-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #30
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Oh yeah Jen! I hate that too...or what about where you're on the bus and it's practically empty; then someone gets on and decides to sit with you! Thankfully I don't take the bus anymore.