Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? Fan Fiction > Fan Fiction Challenges

Fan Fiction Challenges Use this forum to place writing challenges, which can influence FanFic authors to spark ideas for stories to submit to WTB?R.

Unread 09-02-2008, 07:38 AM   #1
OakHillsDrive
WTB? Expert

New Habits? Challenge

I woke up this morning thinking about a weird habit my husband has (sorry, not going into details) and it got me thinking (I know, now we're all in trouble).

What if there was a habit or a quirk that Tony or Angela had that neither had noticed before, that they didn't find out about until after they were married? I thought it might make a nice drabble or short story or a whole episode for that matter.

Last edited by OakHillsDrive; 09-02-2008 at 12:47 PM.
OakHillsDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
busybee246
Platinum Member

Ha I got an idea! I got and idea! Story to follow....
busybee246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 12:36 AM   #3
madewy
WTB? Expert

Peculiar Little Habits
(A ‘Flash Fic’ A story of 1,000 words or less)

Tony sniffed at the air in his sleep. It was the funniest thing she’d ever seen and the laughter she couldn’t hold back soon seemed to wake him. “Wha…what?” He was groggy. He was smiling. He was drooling…but still sleeping.

“Oh, sweetheart,” he mumbled in his slumber, “you baked me a lemon cake?”

“Shhh.”, she soothed him, holding back the giggles.

This being married stuff, sleeping all cozied up together for the whole night, learning new and wonderful things about each other every night, learning there were still new things to learn…was so reassuring, so inviting and comforting, after what she remembered from her marriage to Michael. In her marriage to Michael she was alone more nights than not but this was something different. This was marriage to Tony and it was going to be wonderful. It was going to be fun, she thought.

She started to put the used lemon quarters back in the bowl as gently as she could so as not to wake him. She then placed the bowl on the floor near where her slippers sat as she dried her elbows with the towel and turned the dimmed bed lamp off. She twisted to look at him once more, in the moonlight, contentedly curled up under the blankets and snoring with a peaceful rhythm now. She felt comfortable enough in his slumber that she leaned over, smoothed his black hair from his forehead and kissed him softly there. Then she turned back to get out of bed and take the bowl to the bathroom. She was eager now to finish cleaning up so she could snuggle down into the covers and crawl into that inviting little space between his head and his knees.

In her haste she placed her feet on the floor and stepped directly into the cold, wet lemon wedges. “Ahhh!” she involuntarily yelled. With wet feet she slipped on the hardwood floor and went down on her back, pulling the lamp cord and lamp crashing down with her.

He sat upright in bed, alarmed to see her there on her back, on the floor, clad in pink baby dolls, feet stuck in the air and a dozen lemon pieces covering her.

“Angela? Are you alright? What are you doing?” After a few acclimating seconds he climbed out of bed to help her. “Are you sure you’re o.k.? What is it you were doing?’, he asked again, looking around the floor with a lemon wedge in his hand.

She was sorry, she said sincerely, that she woke him. He was sleeping so peacefully, she told him. She only wanted to put her lemons away and climb back in bed and cuddle with his warm body next to hers. He smiled. He helped her up and hugged her, dusted her off and one more time wanted to know what was she doing???

She looked up shyly from the hug she was sheathed within. “Tony…”, she hesitantly whispered, “…I never told you this but I guess I should now. You know you always tell me how smooth my skin feels. Well…I liked that you thought it came naturally. But honestly Tony, women really have to work at smooth skin.”

“They do?”, he asked with tilted head. “Uh huh” she replied, lips pouty, eyes raised, volumes of messy hair half covering them.

“So…the lemons are what makes your skin soft?”, he inquired.

“Uh huh. It’s what helps. And I didn’t want you to know that every night I rub my elbows, my arms and my knees with them…just before I go to bed. But…but I’ll find another time to do it now.”, she added hurriedly. “I know it‘s one of those peculiar little habits Redbook says brides should never do. And I promise I‘ll find another time to do it…now that I‘m your wife.” She looked woeful.

“Like heck you will.”, he said as he squeezed her closer and breathed in the fresh, sweet scent of her body.

“You like it?”, she asked incredulously.

“I love it.”, he said. “You smell like lemon cake...and your skin is like the silky, smooth icing on top. Don't you dare change a thing. Now get back in this bed and cuddle where you belong wifey!”

Last edited by madewy; 09-05-2008 at 12:29 PM.
madewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 02:36 AM   #4
busybee246
Platinum Member

That was so adorable!
busybee246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 06:24 AM   #5
OakHillsDrive
WTB? Expert

Madewy, you are a magician with words. I don't know how you do it. That was a wonderful "flash fic." And I love it! (And I'm not just saying this because I'm head cheerleader!)
Unread 09-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #6
jmar
WTB? Expert

Wow Madewy, that was great for me to wake up to!! It was funny, endearing, & just enough 'titilating' (sp?) for us to imagine married life with T&A. So he talks in his sleep (my hubby does too sometimes) & Angela has to work to be beautiful. Good to know that they're human like the rest of us . I loved your "Flash Fic" (I'm still waiting for my uniform, OHD.....)
jmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 09:06 AM   #7
OakHillsDrive
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmar View Post
(I'm still waiting for my uniform, OHD.....)
UPS confirmed the delivery. Maybe your hubby signed for it and is hiding it from you.
Unread 09-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #8
jmar
WTB? Expert

Oooooh, that's a good one, OHD! I wonder what TM would hide from Angela?
jmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #9
OakHillsDrive
WTB? Expert

And seriously Madewy, you need to submit that to the archives. That was wonderful!
Unread 09-05-2008, 03:13 AM   #10
prettydynamic
Golden Member

I like that Madewy! It's so cute and adorable.

I like to be a cheerleader too, Oakey, but I want it complete with the cheerleading outfit and pom-poms. I love cheering for everyone here.