Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? Fan Fiction > Fan Fiction Challenges

Fan Fiction Challenges Use this forum to place writing challenges, which can influence FanFic authors to spark ideas for stories to submit to WTB?R.

Unread 10-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #21
BigWTBfan
Platinum Member

That's my problem! My thoughts are all jumbled. I've even tried doing an outline and my stories come out jumbled. I have started a few stories, but I've never finished one. The only kind of stories it seems like I'm good at telling are the stories I tell through my videos.
Unread 10-28-2008, 10:41 PM   #22
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

What videos have you done? I probably have seen them but your user name doesn't seem familiar. Do you use a different name when you make your videos?
Unread 10-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #23
BigWTBfan
Platinum Member

My username on youtube is TvClassicsFan and I've made 12 videos and I'm working a few other projects at the moment. I know I should have used the same username here as I do on youtube but that is a result of me not using my brain. Just kidding!
Unread 10-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #24
busybee246
Platinum Member

Sherry- Hey, what do you mean mine will be better? I adore your stories- you have a great style and fab imagination... the more the merrier! Have I mentioned lately how excited I am to read your take on the situation? Because I really am!

BigWTBfan- I'm already suscribed to your youtube page- I love your videos! They are great. I am incapable of creating things like that! And so I just enjoy all the talented vid-makers creations.

As to thoughts being jumbled up... I have that problem a lot. Here are some tips..

I find it really helps to jot things (sentences... ideas...) down in a little notebook, which I carry round with me.

Never delete anything. (Don't allow your inner editor to override the author in you... let it out- then start editing)

If you have difficulties finishing a story- try writing drabbles or flash fictions first- take that little scene you have in your head and write it down (it doesn't matter if it's only 200 words) I write a lot of "Moments in Time" pieces.

Just have fun!

I look forward to reading some of your stuff?
busybee246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 09:48 AM   #25
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

OMG I love your videos!!! I especially love your latest one She's Like The Wind.
Unread 10-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #26
BigWTBfan
Platinum Member

Aw thank you Sherry! I wish I could change my username on youtube so that everyone would know who I am!
Unread 10-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #27
jenron12
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybee246 View Post

As to thoughts being jumbled up... I have that problem a lot. Here are some tips..

I find it really helps to jot things (sentences... ideas...) down in a little notebook, which I carry round with me.

Never delete anything. (Don't allow your inner editor to override the author in you... let it out- then start editing)
I agree completely! Often times, a sentence will hit me out of nowhere, and I have to write it down or I know I'll forget it. Once, it happened while I was pumping gas - I wasn't even thinking about WTB (a rare occurrence, I know) and poof... there it was. I had to dig around in my purse until I found a pen, because I refused to drive home without writing it down.
jenron12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #28
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

[QUOTE=busybee246;52133]Sherry- Hey, what do you mean mine will be better?
Because I said so.

I adore your stories- you have a great style and fab imagination...
Right back at you!!

Have I mentioned lately how excited I am to read your take on the situation? Because I really am!
I can't wait to read yours too!!
Unread 10-31-2008, 09:21 AM   #29
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

Words Of Wisdom from Bee:

I know exactly what you mean. I came up with an idea for a story and submitted it on Wednesday but I keep on editing it. I keep thinking that this sentence would look better here or that I should change this word to that word and blah blah blah.

I'm really starting to annoy myself.
Unread 11-13-2008, 08:45 AM   #30
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

I'm sorry guys, I just can't seem to catch up on the forum discussions, and I'm still running a couple weeks behind. Did I get all these stories up? If not, let me know which they are and I'll prioritize them.

Those are good suggestions you had, bee. I do those exact things...carry a little notebook with me, because if I don't get it down the minute it pops into my head it'll be gone forever and I'll be forever trying to remember it exactly and I won't ever get it back again!
I do a lot of writing of moments in time too, and I also just write first without deleting anything...no matter how stupid or cheesy it seems...then decide later what I want to do with it.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote