Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > WTB?R/WTB?R Forums Support & Feedback > Ideas for WTB?R

Ideas for WTB?R Post any any ideas you have for The Who's the Boss? Resource or WTB?R Forums here.

Unread 12-14-2008, 06:03 AM   #21
jmar
WTB? Expert

I'm glad the site is back! Based on stories I've heard about the past, it could have been a much worse withdrawal for everyone....I don't check in much on the weekends because I work at the nursing home (very limited computer access) & my hubby's home hogging the computer. So my suffering was helped because the problem was on the weekend. Unfortunately so much more was lost! More than a week's worth of posts, reviews, stories, geesh, what a mess. Hey, OHD, I resent your email implication that my diversion off the thread onto breakfast food had any impact on this.... Anyway, I'm glad we're all back. Jason rocks!
jmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #22
sandrine
WTB? Expert

Cool we are back!! It's such a shame that a lot of post are missing...
I had the same problem a few months ago on both of my forums. The server had been hacked too, so we lost a lot of posts.
But I'm glad the problem is solved, and that we can chat again!!

http://judithlight.frenchboard.com/index.htm

Who's the Boss?, French Forum :

http://whostheboss.frenchboard.com/index.htm

sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 08:35 AM   #23
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

I just wrote the story a few day ago. Wednesday or Thursday I believe? So maybe you didn't have a chance to notice it yet. I didn't save it mainly because I have no idea how to do stuff like that.

Oh well.
Unread 12-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #24
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Aw Sherry!
Well let me enlighten you...
I'm assuming you have Windows and not a Mac. So once you type your story into your word processor program (Word or Word Perfect or whatever you have, and you can get to that by going to start>programs>Word) then hit the "save" button in the top left corner (usually). A box might come up asking you if wherever it says is where you want to save it. All you have to do is take note of where it's putting your story (it's probably going to be in "my documents" if you have Windows) then hit save or ok in that box and you've saved your story. I'd hit that save button every time you write a story even if you don't know what you're doing because then you know it's somewhere on your computer and you just have to find it (or a friend has to help you find it). You need to hit save every time you make changes and usually your computer will ask you before you go if you want to save. Always click save.

You can decide where you want to keep your stories on your computer by using the dropdown window in that save box that comes up. Sometimes when I want easy access I save my story right onto my desktop then it will appear as an icon there that I can just click on to get to my story. So where you see that it's saving your story in "my documents" in that box that comes up, just click the dropdown arrow to the right and choose "my desktop" then hit save in that box. You'll see an icon on your desktop for your story then. If it saved it in "my documents" then click that icon on your desktop and click the icon for your story there to access it. If you don't see an icon for your story then click into some of the icons that are there and you'll probably find it inside one of those files.

Even if you aren't ready for all that yet, just always hit the save buttons and take note of where the computer saved it and you'll know it's there somewhere and you just have to find it.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann

Last edited by Anneli; 12-14-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #25
Primbud
Diamond Member

Conspiracy

... 'tis a conspiracy! It went down just when the deadline for Final Jeopardy came! A CONSPIRACY!

It was down ...

DOWN!
Unread 12-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #26
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

Thanks Anneli!!! I saved my stories in My Documents and they all seem to be okay.

So hopefully I did it right.
Unread 12-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #27
Listner
WTB? Expert

I have mine setup so that it automatically "Saves" at specific time increments that I've chosen. That way even if you don't hit "Save" it's already taken care of.
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #28
jenron12
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listner View Post
I have mine setup so that it automatically "Saves" at specific time increments that I've chosen. That way even if you don't hit "Save" it's already taken care of.
How do you do that? Sounds like a good idea, especially for my work computer. I work with spreadsheets all day and it's a real pain if the system crashes or the power flickers.
jenron12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #29
BigWTBfan
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryLH View Post
Thanks Anneli!!! I saved my stories in My Documents and they all seem to be okay.

So hopefully I did it right.
You know Sherry, you can open an account with Google and it has a documents section where you can type your stories and it automatically saves after you type a word, sentence, etc. It's very convenient and if your computer ever crashes or whatever your stories are still safe and secure on your Google account. That's where I've been typing my new story and it's a great asset to have online !
Unread 12-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #30
Listner
WTB? Expert

In all the Microsoft Office products click on the upper left hand side of the screen on the Office logo and you will get a drop down menu.

On the right hand side of the menu at the very bottom click on the rectangle that says
Word Options.

Go four down on that menu and click on Save.

You will then see Save documents:

Click the box that says Save AutoRecovery information every and then choose how often you want it to save your Documents.

Also choose where you want your AutoRecovery file location so if you need to use your auto saved file you can find it!

It works the same for all the Microsoft Office products but you do have to go through and set the options for each product separately.

I've used other programs like the Microsoft ones and have always found they all have the timed auto save feature as well.
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote