Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > WTB?R/WTB?R Forums Support & Feedback > Technical Support

Technical Support Come here if you are having any trouble with The Who's the Boss? Resource or WTB?R Forums.

Unread 12-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

Digital in 2009

This is something that I have been wondering/worrying about. As we all know T.V. will be going digital in February. I'm curious as to whether or not our tapes will still work okay in our VCR's? I know that a lot of us have tapes of WTB? so I'm just wondering if we will still be able to watch the tapes or if we should just throw them out?
Unread 12-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #2
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

No, don't throw them out!!

My cable company says yes, everything will still work ok, and on the FCC site (link below) there's directions on how to connect a VCR with a converter box if you don't have a cable or satellite provider, along with the question I copied below, so that sounds like things will still work even if you are coming from an analog tv.

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/digitaltv.html

"If I Buy a DTV, Will My VCR, DVD Player, Camcorder, Video Games, Or Other Equipment Still Work?

VCRs, DVD players, camcorders and video games will continue to work, even if they are only analog-capable. Such equipment, however, may not provide digital-quality picture and sound. Manufacturers are producing a number of different connectors to hook equipment together and improve picture and sound quality. Check with your equipment retailer to determine the types of connectors that will work with your equipment."

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

Oh thank you. A few days ago one of my local T.V. stations had a test to see if your television would be all right when we switched over. My t.v. passed the test but for some reason I kept thinking that after the change I wouldn't be able to use my VCR anymore.
Unread 12-20-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
Primbud
Diamond Member

I have had digital television for a few years now thanks to a cable company but don't understand how it's quote-unquote better. In fact, it's worse because it skips and lags every few months, showing a scrambling for a split second. I hate modern technology.
Unread 12-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
TJKAD
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primbud View Post
I have had digital television for a few years now thanks to a cable company but don't understand how it's quote-unquote better. In fact, it's worse because it skips and lags every few months, showing a scrambling for a split second. I hate modern technology.
I agree I hate modern technology. I was watching Michael Phelps swim one of his races and using my son as an antenna and still didn't get a good picture!
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES

Last edited by TJKAD; 03-31-2011 at 03:34 AM.
TJKAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #6
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Hee hee
TJKAD, that has me conjuring up pictures of that old Laverne and Shirley episode where they're trying to watch tv and get a good picture and there's tin foil strung all around the room and around the antenna and everybody is wearing connecting tin foil hats and holding their arms out with foil on them. That scene cracks me up every time...I suppose because I'm old enough to remember tin foil on the tv antenna in strange shapes (and old enough to call it "tin foil.")

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2008, 11:36 PM   #7
Primbud
Diamond Member

More hate on modern technology: I bought two TVs within the past 1 1/2 years because the first one quit within a few months. I am thinking of resorting to my '88 Sony which still works.

Modern Technology loses 2-0.
Unread 12-22-2008, 01:55 AM   #8
Listner
WTB? Expert

Anyone remember the episode of "Married With Children" when they changed the channel and Al said, "Assume the position for Fox", and Kelly and Bud got up and stood behind the couch with their arms extended and their Foil hats on?
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #9
murphy7295
WTB? Expert

Quote:
I am thinking of resorting to my '88 Sony which still works.
That trumps my '90 RCA. I guess that old saying is true "They don't make 'em like they used to"
murphy7295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 04:38 AM   #10
Listner
WTB? Expert

Quote:
I hate modern technology.
Uh...without "Modern Technology" we wouldn't have the Internet
or this Forum or your Jeopardy thread now would we?
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote