Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > Who's The Boss?

Who's The Boss? Use this Forum to discuss Who's the Boss? and anything pertaining to the show.

Unread 08-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
Astrid
Golden Member

A Letter from Clay Graham

I was wondering , in the episodeguide it says, read here to read Clay Graham's thoughts about [t]his episode, but there is no link.

And I'm really curious about his thoughts about "The all-nighter"... Does anyone know where I can read it??

---------
Tony; You were a genius to hire me

Angela; The smartest move I ever made

Last edited by Astrid; 08-28-2010 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Making the subject more clear
Astrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

The letter was in response to a letter than madewy had sent to Mr Graham. Madewy had received the letter in the mail and had posted it here on the site, but she may have since taken it down. We'll have to ask her if she did or where the letter is posted...

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
madewy
WTB? Expert

No Anneli, I never took it down. I have no idea what happened to it. Infact I didn't post it in the first place because I didn't know how. I sent the physical letter to Jason and he posted it. Sorry. (But I do have it on my wall of fame. Didn't you see it?)
Unread 08-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
WillTruman

I still have a hardcopy of the letter's text, complete and unabridged. If the search fails, I could post it.
Unread 08-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by madewy
(But I do have it on my wall of fame. Didn't you see it?)
I did see it! I read it a couple of times. Okay, four times.

It could be here somewhere still and just not attached to the link in the episode guide. I have to leave for work in about half hour so I can't search for it now but if anyone wants to search for it go right ahead, then if you find it, post a link here and I'll see if I can reattach it to the link in the ep guide or I'll pass it on to Jason to re-link it.

If the letter is typed into a post it can be searched by text. The best way to do that is to take a phrase from the letter-- something not too common-- and search the phrase. Choose something with longer and more uncommon words so it narrows the search. If the letter was posted as a link or as an image then we'll have to search around for it manually. I'd start in the gallery and maybe in that section where we have pictures of ourselves with the stars of the show and such. If anyone wants to try to locate it, that is. I work until 10pm tonight then back at 9am tomorrow until 7pm tomorrow night, so it will be awhile before I can devote any attention to this.

**Oh, and the gallery, home page, articles section and any other relevant section can be looked through for it too. The other place we can look is through some of Jason's posts and see if we can locate the post in which he posted the letter. On any members profile page there's a link under 'statistics' that says 'find more posts.' I don't know if the list will go back far enough, but it's worth a try, especially if anyone can remember about when the letter was posted so we can go to that year's posts. Happy Hunting!

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann

Last edited by Anneli; 08-27-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
WillTruman

Heureka. Here it is:

http://forums.wtbr.com/showpost.php?p=7843&postcount=47
Unread 08-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #7
angie1379
WTB? Expert

Okay, I know I read that letter several times, but I can't find it anywhere. I searched the forums, articles, fanfic, FAQs, and links, and couldn't find it anywhere.

Personally, in a case like this, there is only one thing I can think of to do:

!!!!JASON, HELP!!!!!

ANGELA: But Tony, the best times of my life are with you.
angie1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #8
charmedcherie
WTB? Expert

I second that! Help, oh help, lol.
"I'll tell ya Judith and I are quite a pair. In real life, we're both married — to different people. But I'm in love with her ability; she's a terrific actress, and she's really great at comedy, and I do feel a strong love for her. So I guess that's why it's so easy for the two of us to play at sexual tension."

--Tony Danza on friend and co-star Judith Light

"The love of this woman grounded him..." {Taken from a wtb? special, although I'm not sure which one, lol}
charmedcherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 08:40 PM   #9
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Will posted the link a couple posts up! Thanks Will!

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #10
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

Is this it?

Aug.26,2002

Dear Judith,

Thank you for the kind words about my scripts for "Who's the Boss?" And, no, I don't think you're bizarrely obsessed. As a writer, I've always felt the most important thing was to love and care about the characters, and it's nice to know that others feel the same way.

I must admit, however, that I haven't thought about "The All-Nighter" for a long time. I think I wrote about twenty-five episodes of "Boss" - and I was very young and just beginning my career. Your letter did make me curious, though, so I looked dug out my old scripts, found a copy of "The All-Nighter" and looked it over again. Some memories came back, which I'll share with you.

I think the genesis of the episode came from one of our most daunting problems, as writers, with the series. Tony and Angela clearly had strong feelings for each other, but over the course of six years, had not made a clear commitment or consummated the relationship. Both were tentative because of their boss/employee relationship, because of their previous marriages, because of the kids, etc. But if we, as writers, were to accept them as human characters, it seemed necessary to acknowledge that both Tony and Angela would find a certain frustration in this. The question came up often: Wouldn't Tony, as a healthy, Italian male at some point, after so many years, be tempted and quite possibly give in to something more physical? Angela, of course, could sublimate with a pint of Chunky Monkey - but she must have been tempted as well.

Anyway, we decided to explore that dark comer of their romance to bring a shade of reality to the relationship. If Tony and Angela survived it, their relationship would be even stronger. To answer your questions more specifically: No, I don't think Tony was a cad. I think he was swept up by something in the heat of the moment, and, subconsciously, found an outlet for the pent-up feelings he had for Angela. Why did he say he didn't know if it was just a fling and was over? A big reason we set the story over the course of a few hours was to show Tony caught up in a confusion of emotions. At that point, he DIDN'T understand what was going on and what he was feeling. But he did know that he felt guilty and, even though he and Angela had made no promises or formal commitments, he felt compelled to tell her what he'd done. Did he know he loved Angela that day? Deep down, beneath the denial, I think he knew; otherwise he would have felt no guilt. And had Angela not walked out the door at the end, I think he might have, in his panic, said something to break through the denial. But time was not on his side, and this was something they needed to work through - a dark tunnel, to get to the light.

Incidentally, my favorite of the episodes I wrote about their relationship (and Tony Danza's, as well) was "Starlight Memories," which involved the 1940's flashback. I think it dealt with their long, tentative relationship in a satisfying way, particularly in one small exchange at the end. Tony laments that they've spent seven years together and haven't gone as far in their relationship as the 1940's couple did in one single night. Angela asks Tony if he's been happy those seven years. He says yes, they've been some of the happiest of his life. And Angela assures him: "Then it's okay." We see there that Tony gets it. It is okay, because what more is there to want than happiness?

I hope I've answered all your questions, and thanks for not writing to ask if Alyssa Milano's breasts are real. (It's a secret, and they're not.)

Clay Graham