Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > WTB?R Welcome Wagon

WTB?R Welcome Wagon Use this forum to welcome new members or to introduce yourself if you are one.

Unread 01-25-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
Ducky
Silver Member

Hello, I'm Ducky

Hello everyone

Oh, I'm bad in introducing myself. What can I say?

I am a GREAT "Who's the Boss?"-Fan since I saw it the first time in 1993. Together with "Doctor Who" it is my absolute favourite Tv-Series.

I live in Germany and I must say my understanding of English is better than my "active" English, but I think and hope it will improve by me writing a lot of posts in this forum

If there is anything you want to ask me - don't be shy!
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
WillTruman

I already said "Hi" in a different thread, but I guess having a compatriot on the boards justifies doing it again. So welcome to the boards. I have been a WTB fan since the early Nineties myself (we're talking RTL, 17.00 h, five times a week, aren't we). Good to have you on the show, and have fun improving your English here. If there is anything I (or anyone else from this nice group of people) can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.
Unread 01-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
Ducky
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTruman View Post
(we're talking RTL, 17.00 h, five times a week, aren't we).
That's right. I missed the beginning of the show when it was aired the first time and so my first episode was "Death And Love, part 1" - and I became a fan. A fan of the show and a fan of the wonderful Alyssa Milano. And during the next rerun I began to make transcripts of the episodes (I didn't own a videorecorder that time)

Unread 01-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
dazdeadpetal
Diamond Member

Willkommen! Perhaps you guys can help improve my German! I have only been on here a couple of months, but it continues to amaze me how there are fans all over the world of WTB?

Emily
dazdeadpetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
WillTruman

Did you make live transcipts ?! Certainly shorthand. That is an admirable talent. I taped all the episodes back then, and although I now have them all in the original English on my harddrive, I sometimes watch a German episode from my tapes, commercials and all. It's a kind of virtual time-travel.
By the way, I'm a Duck fan too. This is my all-time favourite Donald Duck cartoon, written by the one and only Carl Barks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MVlL0nEH5c
Unread 01-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
Ducky
Silver Member

@dazdeadpetal:
Thank you for the "Willkommen". If there is anything I can do to help you improve your German, just say it.
And I also didn't know how beloved WtB is worldwide.

@WillTruman:
Yes, live trancripts. I was used in fast writing at that time because I`ve jaust begun my studies. Tried to do the same with another serie later, but failed. So WtB is really something special.
"Mister Duck Steps Out" - I love it!
Do you know the D.O.N.A.L.D. http://www.donald.org/ ? I am a member of this organisation. In fact it was the first fan club I joined.

Unread 01-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
WillTruman

Yes, I know the D.O.N.A.L.D. organisation. I am not a member but I've read about them.
When I was a kid I bought Mickey Mouse magazine every week (for more than ten years) and the pocket book series "Lustiges Taschenbuch" until No. 200 or something, and considered myself an expert in Duck stories. I still own some issues that are seen as collector's items these days.
Highly recommended are the book "How to read Donald Duck" by Ariel Dorfman/Armand Mattelart and the German essay "Dagobert und Donald Duck. Welteroberung aus Entenperspektive" by David Kunzle, but I guess as a Donaldist these texts aren't new to you.
Unread 01-31-2011, 10:36 AM   #8
Tony&Angela8492
WTB? Expert

Welcome to the board!!
Tony&Angela8492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #9
Ducky
Silver Member

Thank you

Unread 02-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

I'm wondering, Ducky, what are all those shows in your signature banner? What were they about? The only thing I really recognize is Donald Duck, and that emblem on the left resembles a Star Trek emblem, but I'm not sure if that's what it is or not. Are they German shows? The one on the right looks like it might have been an "Alf" type show... are you familiar with "Alf?"

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote