Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > TV & Movie Talk

TV & Movie Talk Is there another TV show, besides Who's the Boss?, that you enjoy watching? See a good movie recently? Talk about it here!

Also, use this forum to announce an upcoming television/movie/stage appearance that a cast/guest member has appeared in.

Unread 04-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #41
amorefan
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1379 View Post
I mean, seriously, how many of us named every season or episode that those pictures on the wall were from.
Me, me! I made my husband rewind and pause so I could point them out to him. And point out how the professor was photoshopped into the 8th season pic behind him. They really went all out on this episode...pictures, music, naming the stars, analyzing the show, and of course the board...pretty fun! We paused the DVR and read the parts we could see. I wonder who wrote/created what was on the board? Or if there is a WTB crew member linked to the show that did it?
“We just had this really great connection and chemistry and friendship, and as the years went on everything got deeper and better. And I can promise you that if I needed anything, I could call him, and he would be there in a heartbeat, and I would be there for him.”
-Judith Light talking about Tony Danza, October 2014-
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #42
dazdeadpetal
Diamond Member

I second Will's motion.
Emily
"If there is a horizontal line that runs from the map off your body straight through the land shooting up right through my heart; Will this horizontal line, when asked know how to find where you end, where I begin?"
--Your Cloud by Tori Amos
dazdeadpetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #43
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

It's funny, this little sitcom seems to get so much more attention than most:
-Family Guy episodes
-recent Community episode
-various and multitudes of references whenever the stars show up anywhere
-at least 4 different documentaries
-countless skits, role plays, and comedic acts
and that's just off the top of my head.

What other 80's sitcom gets as much intentional as well as off-handed attention as this one? Growing Pains? Family Ties? I don't think so... Maybe Golden Girls, maybe Cosby... maybe not even Cosby...

So where's our DVD's? Just asking. Just venting. Just in case some person of influence out there might read this thread.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 02:17 AM   #44
madewy
WTB? Expert

WillTruman: "Everyone in favour of making Abed honorary member of this forum, please rise. I mean, someone who calls "Who Indeed: A Critical Analysis of Television's Who's The Boss" a pageturner is more than qualified to be a part of this group."

I seconed that nomination WT! By the way, did he get a grade on that lecture and if so, what was it?
Unread 04-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #45
dazdeadpetal
Diamond Member

Did anyone notice in the still shot that Listner linked to has both Angela's name and Tony's name circled for the answer?

Emily
"If there is a horizontal line that runs from the map off your body straight through the land shooting up right through my heart; Will this horizontal line, when asked know how to find where you end, where I begin?"
Unread 04-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #46
dazdeadpetal
Diamond Member

First left hand column:
Definition of Terms:
Angela: Female symbol + letter A
I can only make out very end, where it says "and employer of Tony Micelli"
Tony: Male symbol + letter T
I can only make out beginning "former professional base-ball player" and then at the very end "to Angela Bower and family"
Mona: Female symbol + letter M
I can only make out "Samantha (Female symbol + S + (qT+ symbol for pi) Tony's daughter and Jonathan (male symbol + J) Angela's son"
There are 8 more lines in this column I cannot make out.

Next Column:
"[The Bower-Micelli Housekeeper's" then I can only read the last word Chart]"
I can make out that the chart goes down from Angela to Tony to Sam to Jonathan with a dotted box coming off of Tony, but I cannot read any of the text in this section.

Middle Section, Top:
"[Distribution of Household and Employer-Employee Wealth]"
There is some text with an arrow pointing to Angela. I cannot make it out, but I think it refers to her job. Then there is an arrow pointing away from Angela out to the right with text that starts off "Supplemental" but I cannot make out anything else.
Various arrows here, but they are easy to figure out.

Final section on lower right side:
"I note that the Micelli Faction does not consistently interact or compete with the Bower Faction or any portion thereof, as a monolithic or allied cohort. The converse has also been statistically proven. However, due to the nature of the relationship be-tween its members, (symbol for Tony) may be considered the Boss of the Micelli Faction. Ci-tation D. (can't read last name), R. West. 'The Latent American Matriarchal Structure Portrayed on Network Sitcom Television.' 1986, Additional sites" (then I can't read the last little part)

Far right, top section:
"[Gender -specific" something something "Interaction and" then I cannot read the rest.

I have a few more bits, but if anyone has anything else, I would love to see it.

Thanks,
Emily
Unread 04-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #47
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
"Samantha (Female symbol + S + (qT+ symbol for pi) Tony's daughter
I saw that qT thing on the board and I was trying to figure out what that was, but it didn't occur to me until I just now read it... go ahead, read it out loud:

Samantha (qT pi)

That's pretty funny.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #48
robins99

Quote:
I'm working on it fellow nut jobs.
After reading through this thread, which is basically us analyzing another sitcom's supposed college course on our beloved sitcom, I have to agree with Madewy -- we're all nut jobs. LOL!

Quote:
Samantha (qT pi)
I didn't get that at first either. Ha ha! That's awesome!

Angela: You would ruin our friendship for love?

Tony: In a second. I'd throw it in the garbage. I'd spit on it. I'd flush it down the toilet.

Angela: (Touched) Oh, Tony, that is so beautiful.
robins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #49
dazdeadpetal
Diamond Member

I am so glad that this show came up here on the forum, because I would not know it existed. Now I am hooked! I am going and watching all the episodes I missed. Hilarious show.

If anyone has been lucky enough to decipher the rest of the Board or any luck getting a shot of the board without Danny Pudi standing in front, let me know.

Emily
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #50
OakHillsDrive
WTB? Expert

I finally got to watch the whole episode on Hulu yesterday. I had watched the most important parts on youtube before, but it was nice to see how it played out as a whole episode. My favorite part was looking at the wall of the class room and seeing the pictures of the professor with all the cast members. Most of them were scenes from the show with one more or another Photoshopped out and him put in. Loved the eppy!
OakHillsDrive is offline   Reply With Quote