Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > Who's The Boss?

Who's The Boss? Use this Forum to discuss Who's the Boss? and anything pertaining to the show.

Unread 12-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
Billy_the_kid
Golden Member

WHAT? Oh my... wow. Well my condolences and wishes to her family and friends. That's really very sad. :'( May she rest in peace.

Any spelling mistakes are made on purpose. They are part of a new spelling reform and I am testing their effect.
Billy_the_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 02:53 AM   #22
ReJoys2
WTB? Expert

For some reason I was drawn to come to this site tonight, since I was having trouble getting to sleep. After reading a few posts, I wondered what to look at next and thought about Madewy. I was sure there would be posts here by those who knew her and I wanted to read those remembrances. I was so touched that it motivated me to write some of my own thoughts about her.

I agree with those who said that you can’t think of WTBR without thinking about Madewy/Judy. She was as much a part of the site as anyone or anything. Her insights taught us all lessons about the characters, about ourselves, about human nature, and about her. There were times when she took the time to write to the show’s creators to find answers to some of our deep wonderings. She would go to any length to gain new understanding of the show and/or characters and to help us see deeper into the psychology of their story (and stories). Oh, how many memories this brings back as I think of some of those long “conversations” that took all of us into the depths of the Micelli, Bower, Robinson, Fairfield creations that have always been so real to us. I confess that during the years since I’ve “retired” from the site, I’ve told myself that it was all fantasy and there could never be any definite and completely accurate answers to some of the probing questions we had, but what fun we had on our journeys. And those journeys would not have been nearly so fulfilling without the input that Madewy leant to nearly every one of them.

I like the illustration given about “the living dead.” There are only a few people who fall into that category for me, and Judy is surely one of them. I keep her old e-mails in my mailbox because in some way it keeps her presence close. Somewhere in the bowels of my files, I probably have the first e-mails we exchanged when she first came on the site. I wrote and welcomed her because in her openness, she had told a little about herself on the site, and I felt a kinship because now I was not the only “grandma” there. We clicked from the start and I treasure the friendship we shared both through the site and our personal contacts. She was always the first one to get on board when it came to getting together for a trip to NYC to see Tony, or Judith, or Katherine, or all of the cast. So many memories are flooding back right now, but I’ll keep them and treasure them in my heart.

As I think about Madewy, so many others on the site are as much a part of those memories because as we’ve always liked to say around here, we are all a part of the Who’s The Boss? (Resource) Family. Jason was always such an inspiration and a good “partner” on the site for so many years. I enjoyed meeting and getting to know him in NYC, where I also first met Judy (in person). My daughter was with me on that first trip and after that, Judy never failed to ask about her and to send her love to her. On other NYC trips I was also privileged to meet and make memories with Robin, Eilieen, Mims, Angie, Julie, and a number of other “family members” who may or may not visit the site any longer.

As you all shared your memories of Madewy, I could visualize them because they sounded so much like her. Her physical heart may have been imperfect, but her spiritual heart was big enough to include our very large “family.” I am sure that Madewy could not be outdone in the areas of kindness and generosity. I always imagined that she must have learned those traits at the knee of her mother. Any kindnesses I was able to share with her were always returned ten-fold.

Anneli mentioned that Madewy knew and liked who she was. I think there was also another side to her. I believe in all her reaching out to others, she was always searching for something more. It’s comforting to believe that she has found what she was searching for. I’m thankful that Judy was my friend. I still miss her and find comfort in my memories of her and all of you, all the things this site made possible. May God bless you all.

Last edited by ReJoys2; 12-05-2013 at 03:08 AM.
ReJoys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #23
dreamtonette
Diamond Member

I don't think we've crossed paths here before but I wanted to tell you how touching your post was. My simple words now are no match for what you wrote, but thank you for a beautiful read.
dreamtonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #24
ReJoys2
WTB? Expert

Thank you for the kind words, Dreamtonette. I'll bet Madewy would be very humbled and pleased to know that her friends are still honoring her and missing her presence. Long live her memory!
Unread 12-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #25
robins99

What a lovely, thoughtful tribute, Rejoys! And it's so great to see you back around here again. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about Judy. I have a PM that she sent me just a few months before she passed that I go back and read now and then. In a weird way, it makes me feel like she's with me.

Angela: You would ruin our friendship for love?

Tony: In a second. I'd throw it in the garbage. I'd spit on it. I'd flush it down the toilet.

Angela: (Touched) Oh, Tony, that is so beautiful.
robins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #26
ReJoys2
WTB? Expert

Thanks, Robin. It's great to touch base again. Madewy was quite fond of you. Her frequent comments made that clear.
Unread 01-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #27
prettydynamic
Golden Member

I hope it's not too late to give my sincere condolences to the family and friends of Madewy. I have been away for quite a while and was so surprised and saddened to read about her passing. She is indeed somewhat an icon in the site for all her wonderful insights and friendliness to everyone in the site. You will always be remembered with love and fondness Madewy. May you rest in peace.
Unread 04-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #28
laia
Platinum Member

It is strange the way I was drawn here again, because I have been so busy these late years, since the birth of my third child that I could not find time for WTB or other websites I used to go.
So the great Madewy left us when my third baby was a few days old ...
Unbelievable and so sad. I have great memories of Madewy, her kindness, her interest for others, their culture, the way they were.
She had some nice words with me, I admired her writing, her wisdom, her grace, her kindness and so much more. She was like a "Dame" to me. Dame Judy.
I wish I had known her, and reading your memories and opinions of her, I wish I would have known the stories about her mother, sisters and so on.
I feel her now up there somewhere, and I am sure she does not need the vitamins to live there in the way you described it oakhills.
Thank you for the picture Anneli.
Unread 08-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #29
robins99

Remembering Judy on the 2nd anniversary of her passing. I've missed her wit and her honesty and her (sometimes unsolicited) advice. Her spirit will live on forever in her brilliant fan fics and insightful posts. Love and miss you, my friend!

Angela: You would ruin our friendship for love?

Tony: In a second. I'd throw it in the garbage. I'd spit on it. I'd flush it down the toilet.

Angela: (Touched) Oh, Tony, that is so beautiful.
robins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #30
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Wow time flies! Feels just like yesterday. Acutally, it still feels like she's around.
We miss you Judy! This place is not the same without you...

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote