Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > TV & Movie Talk

TV & Movie Talk Is there another TV show, besides Who's the Boss?, that you enjoy watching? See a good movie recently? Talk about it here!

Also, use this forum to announce an upcoming television/movie/stage appearance that a cast/guest member has appeared in.

Unread 01-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
german-WTB-fan
Silver Member

5 - 10 Million Viewers for "iCarly" Eps. Good Number?

Hello all,

happy new year first of all

For quite some time now I am one of the adult fans of the show "iCarly" which is very unfortunately over now.

Now, I have read a lot about that show on the internet and I noticed that its most popular episodes had between 5 and 10 million viewers or maybe even more.

Does this number contain mostly children? Since it's originally a teen/pre-teen show I mean.

Well, I was wondering a little because 5 through 10 million viewers seemed not that much to me facing a U.S. population of about 320 million people according to wikipedia.

Can anybody tell me more about this?

Thank you

I love U.S. tv-series from the 1980s/90s:

"Magnum, P.I.", "The Golden Girls", "Alf", "Who's the Boss?", "Cheers" & "Becker".
german-WTB-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

I'm not really sure how ratings work or if anyone here can really give you an answer but I can tell you that iCarly is a Nickelodeon Channel show which is kids/tween/teen oriented. So I would assume that the viewers were a younger crowd. As for the number of viewers goes, 5 to 10 million is pretty good considering the type of show it is and the kind of channel is airs on. A big network show like SVU gets about the same numbers of US viewers, so I would say it's pretty good.

Sorry I couldn't be much help. hehe

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

5-10 million viewers is very good for a cable show. Not everyone gets cable since it's more money to get Nickelodeon. I like to watch statistics on shows and a really good show will average about 15-20 million each week, but that doesn't happen very often. Cable shows are lucky if they get 3-5 million viewers an episode.
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #4
german-WTB-fan
Silver Member

How many people in the U.S. receive cable TV? Any how do the other people (that do not have cable) receive TV?

I love U.S. tv-series from the 1980s/90s:

"Magnum, P.I.", "The Golden Girls", "Alf", "Who's the Boss?", "Cheers" & "Becker".
german-WTB-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

If it's anything like here in Canada it's just a matter of what cable channel you subscribe to. Here you can pick and choose what channel/packages you want in your subcription. If you don't like or want something you dont have to get it. So I bet not everyone wants Nickelodeon. I could be wrong though.

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #6
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

Adding my 2 cents super late, but just seeing this now. In case you're still interested 5-10 million is VERY good for a cable show. I'm not even sure it's accurate that "iCarly" got such ratings regularly? Maybe for their finale??

Last edited by mich_l81; 09-23-2015 at 04:30 PM.
mich_l81 is offline   Reply With Quote