Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 03-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Hobbies?

What are your hobbies or passions?

I ask this because I basically don't have any but I've been looking for one. I haven't been really succesful. I'm not crafty or creative and I don't like too cook...what does it leave me? Not much. Allie and I have been talking about this lately and she said that everyone has a passion or something they just love doing/hobby. I'm just not convinced that I do.

What activities do you enjoy doing on your spare/quiet time?
Maybe I'll get some ideas.

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
dreamtonette
Diamond Member

I don't have a good answer but I just wanted to say that I feel I'm in the same boat as you! I do enjoy cooking and baking from time to time but I'm not creative enough (or patient, or gutsy enough) to create my own recipes. I tried knitting and enjoy it, but haven't picked it up in awhile and haven't expanded beyond basic skills (again, because I'm not so gutsy). I used to enjoy reading (literature) but don't really have the patience for it anymore. I admire people who are crafty and have great talents and it's been awhile since I've really felt passionate about things.

Some things I started doing recently are genealogical research (through ancestry.com), and I'm starting to read more about different causes that I'm interested in. So maybe that counts for something?

I want to get into photography at some point...like more intense photography than just using a simple point-and-shoot...but that's more of a future goal I guess.

How about learning another language? I studied Spanish throughout middle and high school and have unfortunately forgotten a lot due to time passage and misuse, but I am looking to start relearning because I know it'll come back so much easier.

Good luck, I hope you get some good ideas!

Sam
dreamtonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
3BeekmanPlace
Platinum Member

I am an avid reader - always love a good escape! If anyone has any really terrific book suggestions - I'm always grateful for something new!
3BeekmanPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

I am passionate about writing, hence the reason I am majoring in creative writing. This ties into my passion for words in general. I like to learn about the origins of words and how words and sayings came to be.
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:39 AM   #5
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

Have you ever considered guitar? You love Pearl Jam, right? Imagine rocking out to "Jeremy"?!

p.s. Can you tell my Pearl Jam knowledge is limited to their '90s hits? I'm lame when it comes to Pearl Jam knowledge.

Last edited by mich_l81; 09-23-2015 at 04:31 PM.
mich_l81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
pittsburghgirl_WTB
Golden Member

I love reading! I also really like to scrapbook. I take a ridiculous amount of pictures so it's fun to put them all together with funny quotes that go along with them or just something to remind me of that certain picture and decorate the pages.
Unread 03-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Good suggestions so far everyone! I knew this was the place to ask. I do enjoy reading a lot but I go through phases with it. I'll read like non-stop for months and then stop for a while. I guess I easily get bored of doing the same thing over and over. Allie would vouch for that. hehe I do like the idea of photography a lot but I tend to forget my camera. I should really make an effort with that. As far as writing goes, I mentioned to Allie that I thought about writing a journal. Does anyone do that? I've been going through some little changes here an there and I think writing my thoughts down would feel good.

Keep the ideas coming!

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
dreamtonette
Diamond Member

Scrapbooking sounds really neat! I've wanted to try it for awhile but I think I'm a bit intimidated by it because any attempt on my part to be creative would probably turn out looking messy . Do you do it by theme? In our digital, minimalist-inspired world do all of those books take up lots of space?
dreamtonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 12:32 AM   #9
3BeekmanPlace
Platinum Member

There are countless places to get ideas for scrapbooking - I will admit that I am a fan of an actual printed photo. (i know - what can I say? old habits)
3BeekmanPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 02:26 AM   #10
Alyssa86inMN
WTB? Expert

Crocheting is pretty easy to pick up. I had trouble learning knitting though, and got frustrated with it, but I think that's because I learned to crochet first. I don't know how skilled you are with a sewing machine but there is also quilting. I find crocheting and quilting to be pretty relaxing and enjoyable.

I know you like hockey, but do you play hockey? Maybe you could join a league or something for that. Or any other sport really, tennis, softball, bowling, golf...