Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > Who's The Boss?

Who's The Boss? Use this Forum to discuss Who's the Boss? and anything pertaining to the show.

Unread 01-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

About Iowa and Angela

I watched Savor the Veal the other day and it occurred to me, I wonder if Tony and Angela (as real people) wouldn't have just gotten married in Iowa? Maybe right after she got there? They were obviously living like a married couple and very happy about it, and they obviously needed to be together since she moved there, and they obviously expected to be together forever since they had a wedding planned. I understand that once she started feeling resentful then she would have hesitated marrying him there, but doesn't it seem like once she decided to move there for a year that it would have been logical that a trip to the courthouse or a small wedding (with family there of course) would have been planned along with the move, and probably would have taken place pretty quickly after she got there? After all, they had been missing each other so much that it came down to her actually moving there, I just think they would have just gone ahead and gotten married at that time too, and put all of it to rest. It doesn't make sense to me that the characters we know so well would just live there like they were married and not actually be married. Of course we know the powers that be weren't having a wedding, but I think for our characters it would have happened because that's who they were and because they weren't expecting him to stay there forever, and then would have had to deal with all that later stuff as a married couple.

The only way that I could see them not getting married when the decision was made for her to move there for a year is if there was some doubt about whether he was coming back or not. And while I could see how they might have been a bit worried about how it was all going to work out during the time they were commuting, her moving there for the year was their solution and should have erased all those doubts, otherwise she would not have gone, I don't think. And we know they did not expect him to love it there so much nor did they expect him to get an opportunity to stay for so long either, so that wouldn't have been stopping them, I don't think-- unless Angela had already thought about that-- maybe-- since she was such a thinker and so intelligent and had a tendency to worry about stuff.

Network decisions aside, any thoughts on the subject?

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
stayathomemum

I'm unsure

I wonder if they were indeed living as a married couple. Oddly, I was just discussing this today with another WTB fan.
Why had they waited so long to begin with?
I think they were probably in a "wait and see how the job works out" mode before planning the wedding. I like to think that when Tony returned to Connecticut, they did get married and very soon thereafter.

Ok, so here's another question: Since Tony wanted to "wait" until they were married (the infamous conversation in Jamaica), did they "wait" or did they go for it in Iowa?
stayathomemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 12:40 AM   #3
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Ok, so here's another question: Since Tony wanted to "wait" until they were married (the infamous conversation in Jamaica), did they "wait" or did they go for it in Iowa?
We've got a whole big gigantic discussion on that very topic in the md forum. If you'd like to read and add to that discussion, send me a pm and I'll put you through to that forum.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2014, 04:52 AM   #4
honey_bunny

Haha, funny to find this thread because that's a topic (as stayathomemum said, if they, at some point in the 8th season, "went" for it on which I really don't know what to think!!!

A part of me can't imagine they waited more, being engaged, and sharing an apartment with only one bedroom in Iowa... But at the same time, I really would have loved to be able to point WHEN it really happened, maybe with the help of, as usual, a great Mona's line somewhere.... Anyway, I look forward to reading what everybody thinks to be able to have my own opinion afterwards.. that's why I find these forums so interesting!! Maybe there is something somewhere I did not catch in an episode

By the way, I just went through the whole "Angela's engagement ring" thread yesterday night.. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!! it was a totally new thing for me, I had even never noticed she was wearing one from the middle of the 8th season, and the whole debate whether yes or no Judith/Angela is hiding it in the last scenes of STV3 kept me awake until 1am
(on which by the way, after reading all the great arguments from all parts, I was able to have my own opinion but that's another story I will maybe restart this thread in a couple of days ...)

ANGELA: "Mother, Mother...Come, come here... Would you do us a favor? Would you please tell this lady that Tony and I are not married?"

MONA (smiling, talking to the IRS agent): "Well, let's examine the facts. They've been together a long time, they squabble like a couple, and they never have sex. Sounds married to me!"
honey_bunny is offline   Reply With Quote