Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > Who's The Boss?

Who's The Boss? Use this Forum to discuss Who's the Boss? and anything pertaining to the show.

Unread 05-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #1
honey_bunny

Working on a WTB "Best of"

Hello Everybody!

Maybe I am a little crazy and for sure I think I don't realize how much work it will be but... I would like to create some videos with the funniest moments of our favorite show and put them on Youtube

The idea came because it is exactly what happened to me when 2 months ago, I went on Youtube for completely something else and by chance, I saw one of the "Who's the Boss - Best of Season 8", I watched and found myself completely hooked again, and crazy enough to re-watch all the episodes in 1 or 2 weeks. OK I'm addicted . this without mentioning how much time I spent reading these forums . Anyway...

Here is my idea: I would like to create a video per season, and focus more on the funniest lines, the ones you can laugh about without having a deep understanding of the characters and story line, so something that everybody could watch, smile, maybe laugh about, just to make people want to go and watch some entire episodes (and why not the whole series!!).

I looked on Youtube and found that already a "best of" Season 8 exists, which is by the way very well done (again, that's the one responsible for my current addiction so it HAS to be good!). It is divided in 6 parts (actually the 4th is missing) and really highlights the best moments of the final season, with the entire scenes. To make mine a little bit different, as I wrote before, I would like to catch only the funniest lines (as far as possible) to be able to show more of the really fun aspect of the show, in time as short as possible. Ideally not exceed a 20 min video per season (maybe I will have to think about it more, because latest seasons, even not the "best" ones, are at least the funniest.. which would make the movie a bit longer).

So here are in a messy way (sorry!) all the questions I have in mind for you (any answer to even only one of them would be really appreciated!)

1) do you know why nobody has created such a "Best of WTB" so far? is it so difficult? do I minimize the work it would be? Why only season 8? (I don't know, maybe the person who made them will read this forum )

2)It would be my first videos posted on Youtube. Is there any property issue in reusing some TV videos and uploading them? (I know people do it constantly, but is there a disclaimer to put somewhere etc...)

3)I am really a beginner in making my own videos, I heard Sony Vegas was a good software. Do you confirm? (maybe I won't have to use it particularly for these "Best of", but if in the future I have other ideas...)

4)Anybody ready to help me with this initiative?

Hope my thread will find some readers Any feedback about this will be appreciated!! And if you really think this is a crazy idea, please tell me too!!!

It's just that there is so much which makes me happy when I watch this show.. I HAVE to share it with others!!! it can't be only me!!!!

ANGELA: "Mother, Mother...Come, come here... Would you do us a favor? Would you please tell this lady that Tony and I are not married?"

MONA (smiling, talking to the IRS agent): "Well, let's examine the facts. They've been together a long time, they squabble like a couple, and they never have sex. Sounds married to me!"
honey_bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #2
TonyAngelaCrobat
Silver Member

I do my work in Sony Vegas every day. It's an excellent professional video editing program. I also have all the WTB? episodes so I'd be happy to contribute over the summer. Sounds like a great proposal I plan on watching the entire series again so I can take this into consideration!

ANGELA (Interrupting): Look, Tony, our relationship has always been... (She smiles fondly) our relationship.

TONY (Nodding): Yeah, sort of like a blind nun driving with a flat.

ANGELA (Smiling weakly): Never quite thought it about like that...
TonyAngelaCrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2014, 07:11 AM   #3
honey_bunny

Thank You TonyAngelaCrobat!

So... I followed your advice and got Sony Vegas a couple of weeks ago ... I have to say it's a great software, very intuitive, and even if you start without any deep knowledge of how to make videos, you still can manage to do something with it

So.... here is my first attempt, hope you will like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5oSM_3qrE8

I thought I would start with an "easy one" that I can make by myself... Also by reading all the posts on this great forum, I found a thread which "inspired" me, the one about Tony and Angela's best arguments! I then realized that most of my favorite scenes are actually when they fight or argue against each other Some are sooooo funny... so why not focusing on this aspect of their relationship as a first try ?!

I also thought about adding the make up scenes for some of them ("In Search of Tony", "Cardinal Sin" ) but then realized it would be a too long clip.... So I kept the idea for "only" the last one ( I really HAD TO end with this make up scene)

Well, I guess it could be a good idea for a next video !!!

Thanks again TonyAngelaCrobat for your answer and your advices. Let me know when you will have time and if you're still interested in working on this "WTB Best Of" over the summer In the meantime I will go back to Sony Vegas and train myself a bit more

ANGELA: "Mother, Mother...Come, come here... Would you do us a favor? Would you please tell this lady that Tony and I are not married?"

MONA (smiling, talking to the IRS agent): "Well, let's examine the facts. They've been together a long time, they squabble like a couple, and they never have sex. Sounds married to me!"
Unread 07-01-2014, 09:04 PM   #4
TonyAngelaCrobat
Silver Member

Of course I would still be interested! Sounds like a tall task but we're in no rush to complete them. I'm thinking maybe best moments of a season to start, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions? I could always be traditional and start with season 1!

ANGELA (Interrupting): Look, Tony, our relationship has always been... (She smiles fondly) our relationship.

TONY (Nodding): Yeah, sort of like a blind nun driving with a flat.

ANGELA (Smiling weakly): Never quite thought it about like that...
TonyAngelaCrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #5
honey_bunny

Sounds like a great plan! I'm glad I found someone ready to help with this. I'm also happy to have a good excuse for watching the series again

I agree, let's keep it simple and start with the first seasons! If you take season 1, I will take season 2.. For the details, I suggest we take it outside of this forum, not to annoy the others with our lives I will send you a private message shortly.

If anybody else is interested to join in the meantime and help us to achieve this challenge, he or she is more than welcome and can still restart this thread!