Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > Who's The Boss?

Who's The Boss? Use this Forum to discuss Who's the Boss? and anything pertaining to the show.

Unread 12-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
amythis

Icon9 The Amazing Disappearing Jonathan

I saw this topic come up in passing on past threads, but I think it deserves its own thread. This is the syndrome Jonathan develops in adolescence, where he'll enter a room, say a few words, and then exit.

WHEN do you notice it happening? In terms of the series, the earliest example I've seen was in Season Four but obviously it got worse as he got older. But also, are there points in an episode, or times of day, where the syndrome is more prevalent?

WHERE does he enter from and where does he exit to? Usually he doesn't leave the way he came in. I want to know not just which door(s) (or the staircase if applicable) he enters from/ exits to, but where is he before and after we see him?

WHY does he do it? Both why does he enter and exit, and why does he stay such a short time?

HOW does he do it? Both what mood(s) does he seem to be in, and how does he disappear like this without the family really noticing or caring?

WHAT does he say? Is there a pattern?

One of the times that stands out to me is in the Season Eight episode "An Affair to Forget," where he actually has company during his disappearing act. He enters the front door (in the evening) with a girl and exits to the kitchen to show her the hockey puck that he supposedly deflected with his head. Why would a hockey puck be in the kitchen? Or are they heading to the garage? Why wouldn't they stay in the house when he thinks no one else is home? And why didn't they just go to the garage or kitchen to begin with?
amythis is offline   Reply With Quote