Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 08-09-2003, 11:43 PM   #1
Corinna
Golden Member

Hey y’all!

I arrived in Fort Smith, Arkansas, on August 1rst. So I have been here for like
a week now. Everything is perfect!

The weather is so hot here!!! I really love it though. I just have to get used to it. My host parents have a boat and we've already gone to Lake Tenkiller in Oklahoma twice. Now I have a big sunburn on my face I did water-skiing all day. Last weekend, too! It worked on the first try! It's so much fun.

I'm so excited about my first day at High School! My host Mom already signed me up for the band and we've started practicing. Usually I play harp and the piano. But they needed someone for the xylophone so I went for that one. I've already met a bunch of people in band and they are all so nice and friendly. I guess you could say I found some real good friends already! I've even attended a pool party, which was really fun. I'm so lucky to know people. That way I won't feel so lost on my first day of school.

All the people here say that I have a cute accent! A little British, a little German, a little American. I guess it’s a funny mix. I’m trying hard to get the southern accent now! I want to make sure that I can tease my English teacher with it when I’m back in Germany. That would be funny. Too bad I can't use that Brooklyn accent around here that Tony Micelli himself has taught me!

My host parents are the nicest people. We’re having so much fun together. They really really care about me and make sure that I won’t feel lonely for even a second. I already feel so at home although I’m just here for a week!!!

I’ve already had some funny experiences here. I found it quite interesting how often Americans are going out to eat in restaurants. I’ve tried so many new kinds of food already. I’m afraid I might really hit those 10 pounds of weight that foreign exchange students usually gain. I tried corn dogs, I tried ice cones, I tried cookies, I tried aaaalll the different kinds of American candy and lots of Mexican food….yummy. I loved all of it. And there's even much more waiting for me. And I experienced that, usually, when you’re ordering something…drink & food have an overwhelming size. I tried to get some yogurt the other day and it was so funny. I kept standing at the shelf in the supermarket putting all these different kind of yogurt in my basket. I love yogurt, you know. I eat it all the time in Germany. And the assistant looked at me funny. He asked me if I was getting my wisdom tooth out because of all those yogurt stuff I was buying. Then my host mom told him that I was European and it seemed like that answered his question... Americans aren't that crazy about yogurt, huh? And I wondered…why is all the American food so big except for my beloved yogurt? You have really tiny yogurt packages here, did you know that?

Anyway, I’m really having fun here. If you want me to, I can try to keep you updated on all those other funny experience that I will probably have during my year here. The bad news is though that I can really rarely go online while I’m here. There’s so much stuff to do here and experience and time flies by so quickly. I miss reading from you guys. I just hope you guys won’t forget me because of my exchange! I have my laptop with me but I don’t have internet access so far. So it’s difficult but I might get it to work sometime. Hope so. If not, I will definately be back next year!!!

I love America! And…please don’t forget about me, okay? I'm will be right here, thinking of all of you.

*Corinna*

P.S. I was wondering, is anyone here going to Abilene, Texas, too see Tony? I wish I could! I can't, I have school. It's so close to me and then so far away again. It's making me real nervous to know he will be around my area somewhere.
Corinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2003, 01:35 AM   #2
taxifan
WTB? Expert

You made a comment about how us americans eat out so much! That was hilarious, totally cracked me up I'd hate to admit it but ya it's true LOL there's a lot of theories behind it though. My first one is that so many homes are two-income that women really don't cook so much so you go out to eat, or you've worked so hard you don't want to stand over a hot stove. Second, it's just nice to do. Sometimes it's so hard to get together with people. When i see old friends, family, the first thing you say is "let's have dinner" or whatnot. It's a time where you sit down and enjoy each other's company. Now my hispanic friends would acutally COOK dinner at their house then you go over to chat but being white we just go out! lol

hope you enjoy your visit! Arkansas eh? never been there. I'm sure it hot though it's one of those midwest states(i think so anyway lol) I remember in high school i met two people that were from Germany for the year. they were great people. . .one guy was so cute too lol
taxifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2003, 03:57 AM   #3
Princess Ron
Diamond Member

Have fun in America, Corinna! I'm glad you still keep in touch with us.
Princess Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2003, 12:17 PM   #4
Sheri
Platinum Member

Coroinna,

Thank you so much for sharing your American experiences!!! I really enjoyed reading them!!!

Yes, please keep us posted. I would love to hear about any updates that you would be willing to share with us.

I know that I won’t forget you and I look forward to having you back with us!!!

I'm glad that you are having such a great time!!! Good luck with school!!!

--Sheri

“I think it’s important for a couple to share each other’s…passions.”

An entirely immersed Tony, swallows hard and replies: “Sharing…is good.”

Angela averts her eyes and slowly starts to move away, as she whispers:

“But…if you don’t want to go…”

Tony quickly grabs her arms and pulls Angela against him.

Staring intensely into her eyes, he declares:

“I said…Sharing…is good.”

(My avatar is from this scene.)
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote