Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > Who's The Boss?

Who's The Boss? Use this Forum to discuss Who's the Boss? and anything pertaining to the show.

Unread 07-02-2006, 05:54 AM   #1
Listner
WTB? Expert

Sunday Afternoon Diversion 10

Music was always a friend to Who’s The Boss? and was heard, sung, played and performed throughout it’s eight year run. Lyrics were also spoken and some music was even interpreted with dance.
(Tony performs one of my favorites. See Season 2 Episode 2, “Ooo, the Ballet!”)

Look at the list of songs below, wait a moment, wait a moment longer…and then post the episode titles to which they belong. This is the first of a multi part Musical Diversion so the more guesses the more fun we will have.
Some songs were in more than one episode and therefore have multiple answers.

*Mid Week Hint!*
(You can read it now; just don’t think about it until mid week.)

July is a “Sweeps” month. So are November, February and May.

"Okay, here we go!"
“A one, a two, and a one two three four…five and a six and a seven, eight, nine, ten? Isn't that how you do it Ray?"
"Yeah, but I just wanted to see how high you could count Tony!”

1. WTB? Theme........................................Sit Down and Be Counted.........Better Off Wed 2........The Way We Was

2. Born Free.............................................The Famous Robinson Sisters

3. The Lady is a Tramp..............................Party Double

4. Taxi Theme..........................................An Affair to Forget

5. C'e 'Na Luna 'Mmiezzo Mare....................First Kiss.........................................Inherit the Wine

6. Swingin on the Outhouse Door.................It Happened One Summer 1

7. In the Mood..........................................Requiem

8. Steppin Out................................ ..........Older Than Springtime

9. Yellow Submarine...................................Yellow Submarine

10. Lydia the Tattooed Lady........................First Date

11. Mr. Lonely...........................................Sam Accelerates

12. Kumbyyah...........................................It Happened One Summer 1................

13. More..................................................Double Dump

14. Big Girls Don’t Cry.................................In Your Dreams

15. Mocking Bird........................................There's No Business Like Shoe Business

16. Volare.................................................All in the Famiglia..............................The Fabulous Robinson Sisters

17. Mona and Angela Were Fighting Like Cats and Dogs........................................Mother and Child Disunion

18. Heigh Ho..............................................Briefless Encounter

19. Greatest Love of All...............................Who's Minding the Kid?

20. Cherish................................................Seer of Love

Last edited by Listner; 01-09-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #2
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Yippee! I get to play too!

Good game, Listner! There's some easy ones and some hard ones--and they're all making me think.

Hmmm, well, I'll start right off with numbers 1 and 2...

1. WTB? Theme

Besides being at the beginning of every episode, I think the theme was also in Sit Down and Be Counted as the theme for the census taker's new tv show that he came up with a few months after meeting Angela and Tony.

2. Born Free

The New Angela sang...yelled..."Born Free!" to a sleeping Tony after coming in late one evening in The Fabulous Robinson Sisters. She and Mona commented on how cute he looked there on the couch snoozing, and Mona suggested Angela sing him a lullaby.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #3
madewy
WTB? Expert

Fun Listner. Great fun!

I'll start off with two too.

6. Swingin on the Outhouse Door
The whole gang sang this on the way to Jonathan's summer camp in It Happend One Summer, Part I.

7. In the Mood

I believe this was played, not sung, in Starlight Memories...maybe during the episode or maybe in the epilogue.

I hope lots of others join in. I love this game almost as much as Tony and Angela loved to dance.

(PS: If nobody gets #10, I'll come back. I loooove that song.)

Last edited by madewy; 07-02-2006 at 12:38 PM.
madewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
charmedcherie
WTB? Expert

What a way to spend a rainy FL Sunday... Great song choices, Listner

14. Big Girls Don’t Cry- This song was playing in the episode, "In Your Dreams," where a very pregnant Lynn & Ginger were both bopping to the tune.
"I'll tell ya Judith and I are quite a pair. In real life, we're both married — to different people. But I'm in love with her ability; she's a terrific actress, and she's really great at comedy, and I do feel a strong love for her. So I guess that's why it's so easy for the two of us to play at sexual tension."

--Tony Danza on friend and co-star Judith Light

"The love of this woman grounded him..." {Taken from a wtb? special, although I'm not sure which one, lol}
charmedcherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #5
angie1379
WTB? Expert

I'll add in a few.

Lydia the Tattooed Ladt was at the end of First Date when they were watching the Marx Brothers and That Lady is a Tramp is from Party Double with Frank Sinatra.

BTW, this is a great topic. You outdid yourself listener

ANGELA: But Tony, the best times of my life are with you.
angie1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
ReJoys2
WTB? Expert

This really is a fun game, Listner! I'll guess one new one and comment on two possible duplicates. The Taxi Theme comes from An Affair to Forget. When Tony and Angela were trying to hide all evidence of their romantic evening together, Tony gathered the contents of the table in the tablecloth and Angela used the remote control to try and turn off all things electric. Things kept going on and off, so Tony took charge of the remote. When he started to turn the TV off he heard the Taxi Theme playing. He paused and said, "I love that song," before reality hit and he started scurrying again to vacate the living room before Mona could enter.

Anneli said that Angela sang Born Free in The Fabulous Robinson Sisters. Didn't Tony also sing that line in Dinner For Two when Mona, aka Bwana Grandma, entered the kitchen dressed in full jungle gear and talked about taking the kids camping?

I'm also wondering if In the Mood, one of Madewy's guesses, is a duplicate. I was thinking the music played in the background (and then in the foreground) in Requiem when Tony was leaving his father's apartment for the last time. Or was that another tune?

Last edited by ReJoys2; 07-04-2006 at 10:02 AM.
ReJoys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2006, 12:13 AM   #7
TonyAngela4ever
Diamond Member

I believe the Who's the Boss theme was played the third season episode "The Way We Was" where everyone reminisced about how Tony and Sam came to Fairfield.

Then Heigh Ho I believe was in "Briefless Encounter". Tony sang it as he headed for Angela's bathroom.
TonyAngela4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #8
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReJoys2
I'm also wondering if In the Mood, one of Madewy's guesses, is a duplicate. I was thinking the music played in the background in Requiem when Tony was leaving his father's apartment for the last time. Or was that another tune?
I'm with you, ReJoys, it was in Requiem, when they were leaving the apartment and when they danced the Lindy at the end, and I think it was Pennsylvania 6-5000 (one of the songs, anyway) in Starlight Memories.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2006, 01:55 AM   #9
madewy
WTB? Expert

Right again Anneli! And my favorite episode too. Maybe I should just stop answering these Sunday Diversions all together. But I won't.

Thanks for keeping me honest and of course thanks to Rejoys, knower of all things Who's The Boss?, who originally picked up on it.

I'll try to redeem myself with one of the easy ones. 8. Steppin Out was in the epilogue of Older Than Springtime when Tony and Angela danced that great dance in those great outfits. Angela's beautiful, sparkling blue gown and Tony in Tux with matching blue cummerbund.
madewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2006, 01:30 PM   #10
Listner
WTB? Expert

Keep On Guessing!

I'm glad to see so many of you playing! It was a lot of fun putting it together and I love reading your answers.

Many thanks to Anneli and Monique for all their help.
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote