Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > Who's The Boss?

Who's The Boss? Use this Forum to discuss Who's the Boss? and anything pertaining to the show.

Unread 06-03-2002, 06:16 PM   #1
luckydogla

Hi All!!

I wanted to drop you a line and update you on a few things.

Judith's play Sorrows and Rejoicings opened here in Los Angeles and all the reviews are in. Los Angeles critics are some of the toughest in the world to please however words like "OUSTANDING" , "REFRESHING", "BRILLIANT",were all words used in the reviews. We are all very proud of all the hard work that Judith has put into the play and we are so happy that the critics agree that she is a super star in everything she does! You may learn more about the play, theatre and reviews at :

http://www.taperahmanson.com./taper/curren....asp?showid=162

So you wanna get personal with Judith?? Here's your chance!! There is a new movie out right now called "The Divine Secrets Of The Ya Ya Sisterhood" that stars Ashley Judd, Sandra Bullock, and Ellen Burstyn. The actors in the film have teamed up and have asked some of their friends to support an organization very important to them that you may be familiar with "Big Brother Big Sisters Of America". The cast have created a "CELEBRITY YA YA HAT COLLECTION" and are auctioning all the hats off on EBAY. Judith contributed a hat that was dear to her, one that covered her bald head while she was starring in the smash hit play "WiT". Judith has added some very special touches to this hat. She has put some of her personal pins on the hat, a bracelet, a lucky feather and other charms and things that have meant something to her or her life and career. You may see the hat at the following link, just remember, it's for a wonderful cause and all of the proceeds are going to help out some great kids , so bid on it if you can!! :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2108987590

We are SO proud to inform you that Judith's new website now has a home!! We will be at www.safesearching.com. We hope to be up and running by the end of next week, at this time you will simply type www.judithlight.com and you'll be up to date on everything that is going on in our world and see some great photos and even write Judith plus so much more. www.safesearching.com is owned and operated by Alyssa Milano's mother Lin. Lin was a huge advocate for a better web and she took her case and those who violated her daughter's celebrity online to court and won. In turn she has developed a website that caters to today's biggest stars and does so with a class and style that really lets our "stars" shine their brightest in a safe manner that gives the person browsing the site the ultimate webpage experience. Imagine having a real life mom like Lin AND a stage mom and friend like Judith!? Lucky Alyssa!!
You can bet that I'm going to be on here to announce the new website and it's "grand opening" very soon.

Okay, now I gave you some clues to some exciting news that I may have for you. If you remember they were "EM" and "WOF". Well, even though there were some great guesses, nobody came up with right answer. I'll fill you in and let the cat out of the bag, I'll just have to think up another contest to give this big autographed "Wit" poster away.

EM= We are proud to announce that the producers of LAW & ORDER SVU and the producers of SPIN CITY have both nominated Judith for an Emmy for her guest star roles on each show. (EM=Emmy). The process is complicated but there is a nomination process of the nomination process and we're crossing our fingers that Judiths name is on the final ballot in her category. Meaning that there is an initial nomination and then out of this long list of actors the short list is made and brought down to 5 (I think) nominees. If Judith's nomination makes it to the short list then we'll be seeing you at the Prime Time Emmy awards!!! Congrats to Judith for her nomination, she's already taken home TWO Emmy awards and lets hope that the third time is a charm!!

And now the biggest news. ThIS IS VERY EXCITING......

Judith has been in the Entertainment eye for over 25 years. She has done so with hard work, devotion and a great stoic sense of grace, class and dignity. From day time soaps to prime time comedy, from Broadway to the Taper forum, she's just about done it all. It is rare that a star is born and is able to keep lit for so so long, Judith has done so and will continue doing so.

She has devoted most all of her off time to advocacy programs that had no spotlight , she stood up and spoke for them, giving her voice to issues like AIDS when nobody else would speak about it or even mutter the word (It took then president Ronald Reagan over a year to publicly use the word AIDS even after it had been defined, researched and discovered by the worlds leading scientists). While the President Of The United States was trying to find a way around the AIDS issues and crisis, Judith was out in hospitals and rallies and marches arm in arm with people who were infected with HIV/AIDS. Children and mothers and people from all walks of life who have been stricken with this disease, she was/is there. Judith has lost some of her greatest inspirations to this disease (Ryan White, Paul Monette) and she will continue to be a voice and fight for the cause and a cure. Of course AIDS is only one aspect of her advocacy, she has many other issues that she feels passionate about and supports such as Breast Cancer, Human Rights, and Politics. Where in the world does she find the time!!?

A star who gives and gives, who has devoted her entire life to this crazy world of Entertainment. A star who has used her celebrity to benefit others and to give back to a community and a world. A star indeed. Well folks Hollywood has a very special way of recognizing REAL stars like Judith and I'm so proud to inform you that Judith has been nominated for her OFFICIAL star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame!!! (WOF=Walk Of Fame). The sparkling glittered streets of Hollywood will be shut down, press from around the world will be lining the street, fans will be screaming waving Judith Light pictures and posters. And then, the honorary Mayor of Hollywood will announce it to be officially "Judith Light Day" in the town and her she'll kneel down next to her star as they uncover it and then it will be known that Judith Light has been honored by her peers and her fans equally , and is forever immortalized and recognized as one of the kindest, most compassionate, talented, greatest, certified STARS of our time with her own Star on Hollywood's greatest honor on the Walk of Fame, right next to the likes of Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley and Tom Cruise and Julia Roberts.

HOW exciting is that!!??

I'll be sure to keep you posted on this and will have more updated news on this on the new JudithLight.com when it's up and running next week.

Well folks, I think thats it for now. Judith and her team thank you so much for all the support and love that you continue to give. It means the world to all of us.

Okay now stop all this reading and go to ebay and bid on that hat already!!

All My Best,

D. Skylar Aud
Office Of Judith Light
Bel Air, California
luckydogla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2002, 12:51 AM   #2
jasonc_wtbr
WTB?R Owner

Skylar - Thanks, as always, for keeping us updated on Judith.

Quote:
We are SO proud to inform you that Judith's new website now has a home!! We will be at www.safesearching.com. We hope to be up and running by the end of next week, at this time you will simply type www.judithlight.com and you'll be up to date on everything that is going on in our world and see some great photos and even write Judith plus so much more.
Great! Glad to hear that Judith's site will be back online soon. safesearching.com is a great place and I stop by the forums at alyssa.com every once in awhile.

Quote:
EM= We are proud to announce that the producers of LAW & ORDER SVU and the producers of SPIN CITY have both nominated Judith for an Emmy for her guest star roles on each show. (EM=Emmy). The process is complicated but there is a nomination process of the nomination process and we're crossing our fingers that Judiths name is on the final ballot in her category. Meaning that there is an initial nomination and then out of this long list of actors the short list is made and brought down to 5 (I think) nominees. If Judith's nomination makes it to the short list then we'll be seeing you at the Prime Time Emmy awards!!! Congrats to Judith for her nomination, she's already taken home TWO Emmy awards and lets hope that the third time is a charm!!
I second that! Congratulations on the nomination, Judith! I've seen Judith's appearances on Law & Order SVU & her appearance on Spin City and her performance was great, as always.

Quote:
I'm so proud to inform you that Judith has been nominated for her OFFICIAL star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame!!! (WOF=Walk Of Fame). The sparkling glittered streets of Hollywood will be shut down, press from around the world will be lining the street, fans will be screaming waving Judith Light pictures and posters. And then, the honorary Mayor of Hollywood will announce it to be officially "Judith Light Day"
That is exciting! Congratulations, Judith! You're my favorite actress and I think you really deserve it.

Episode 178: A Well-Kept Housekeeper

ANG: You really want to feel like a man?
TONY: What'd you have in mind?
ANG: Open this jar.
(TONY opens the jar. ANGELA gasps)
TONY: Was it as good for you as it was for me?
jasonc_wtbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2002, 07:50 AM   #3
judith4ever
Golden Member

Hello Skylar,

Your Judith Light news just blew me down. Thank you so much, I was very touched when I read them and I'll keep my fingers crossed that Judith will win her 3rd Emmy Award and will get her "Star on the Walk of Fame". She really has deserved it in every respect. I'm really very touched and deeply impressed.

Thanks again for the wonderful news!!!!!!
~judith4ever~
judith4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2002, 01:18 PM   #4
snowflake
Diamond Member

Thank you, Skylar, for keeping us up-to-date on what´s going on in Judith´s life. I really hope that she will win another Emmy award and that she will get her star on "The Walk Of Fame". Noone would deserve it more!!! Judith is such an amazing personand a marvelous actress! Is there an end to the woman´s brilliance?!

Lots of love, greetings from Germany and "Viel Glück", Verena
snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2002, 04:13 PM   #5
supastah
Platinum Member

Hi all!

Judith, all I have to say is YOU GO GIRL!!! You have been such an inspiration to me. You go out into the world and make such a difference to everyone by bringing forth important issues. You put yourself on the line everyday for the sake for someone else. You deserve the Emmy, an Oscar, a Tony, a Golden Globe, AND a Grammy.

I thnk you are an amazing human being and thank you for all that you have done to make the world a better place.

YOU ARE MY HERO!!

But I am too poor to bid on the hat at Ebay. I guess I'll just have to win one of the contests!!

Dana
supastah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2002, 06:04 PM   #6
she'stheboss
Diamond Member

Ok this is very exciting for me cuz I'm going to L.A for 10 days starting on Jun14.Do you know when she will recieve her star because I have been on the walk of Fame and I'd really love to be ther that day when she recieves it.I'm only ther for 10 days though.So please do you think you can help me Skylar?Do u know when she is getting it?
she'stheboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2002, 04:37 PM   #7
renee32

Everything you shared with us is incredible! Judith deserves all of it! Thanks for keeping us updated! renee