Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > General Topics > General Discussions

General Discussions Come here to talk about any topic you would like to discuss! No spamming, please.

Unread 11-17-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

A reminder of posting guidelines for all forums, please read

Hello all,

With so many new members to our forum, I'd like to take a quick moment to go over some of the posting guidelines. It will help our moderating staff immensely if members submit posts that follow the guidelines, as it is very time consuming to change or correct every post. Just as a fair forewarning, we will correct a few and ask you to submit correctly, but if a member continues to post outside the guidelines that member's offending posts will simply be deleted.

A few friendly guideline reminders:

-This is a moderated forum, so all new member posts will go through a moderating queue to be approved and posted by one of the site moderators. Your post will appear whenever a moderator comes online, which can be anywhere from immediately to a few hours.

-When using quotes, please keep the following in mind:
1.) When replying to a post directly above the one you’re writing, there’s no need to use quotes. People should be able to figure out which post you’re referencing. If you’re concerned that they won’t, just write something like “re: jasonc_wtbr” (replacing that with the person’s alias) before the contents of your message.
2.) When responding in topics, please don’t copy a member’s entire post into quotes. Only cite enough of the person’s post that we can get the gist of what (s)he is saying. This will help keep the forums uncluttered.

-DO NOT SHOUT! This means that there are no circumstances where it is necessary to use ALL CAPS. If you want to stress something use underlining, italics, or bold-faced text.

-Please avoid using excessive internet acronyms. More specifically, I'm referring to using shortened phrases/words, such as LOL (laugh out loud), thx (thanks), and plz (please) after every sentence.

-In order to make the forums enjoyable for everyone to read and understand, use reasonably correct grammar as well as capital letters where they belong, such as in names, beginnings of sentences and 'I.'

-Excessive spacing within posts is not necessary. The software automatically spaces correctly after quotes, and there's no need to add any extra lines between a quote and your reply text, or excessive spaces between paragraphs of your text.

Your help and cooperation is much appreciated, and please take a moment and read the complete guidelines here, and the forum specific guidelines here.

Happy posting!

Anneli

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann

Last edited by Anneli; 03-04-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Thanks to those of you who have read this, it's helped already. I've stickied it to the top, and please feel free to refer to it or the guidelines whenever.

For the newest members, please read carefully the post above, as well as the guidelines via the links above. Thanks!

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann

Last edited by Anneli; 11-20-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Unread 11-20-2007, 09:01 PM   #3
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

I have a question. If you want to quote let's say two different members in one post how do you do that? I know how to quote one person and then reply and then quote another person and then reply to them. Which would mean I then have two separate posts to two separate quotes. I have noticed that a few of my posts have been edited, which is fine. I understand the space issue but I don't understand how to quote two or more members in my/your post.

Last edited by SherryLH; 03-04-2011 at 08:43 PM.
SherryLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2007, 09:12 PM   #4
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Don't feel bad, it took me almost a year to learn how to do that

There's a couple of easy ways...you can quote one using the quote button in the bottom right corner of the post then copy and paste the text of the other person that you want to quote, highlight the text, then hit this button in your reply window (wrap quote tags around selected text).

If you want the person's name who you're quoting in there, right after the [QUOTE] you put a = and the user's name like this:
[QUOTE=SherryLH]

Or...some members simply do something like this:

SherryLH says:
Anneli says:

and skip the quote function altogether.

Hope that helps.

-Mary Ann

Last edited by Anneli; 11-20-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Unread 11-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
SherryLH
WTB? Expert

Well I can try to do that!! Notice I said: Try!!

Thank you!!
Unread 11-20-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

It's not hard, really...it works just the same way as if you are making text bold or colors or anything, except you just have to copy and paste the text into your post first.

-Mary Ann
Unread 11-25-2007, 04:02 AM   #7
Tony
Golden Member

Slight Question

What to do when you click on the reply button & the forum automatically gives you the option of including the quote in your reply? Just curious, Thanks Tony
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 05:35 PM   #8
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Hmmm, sounds like you're clicking the "quote" button. You can use the "fast reply" or "add reply" buttons and it won't quote anybody, or you can just delete the quote by hilighting it and either backspacing or hitting "delete."

You certainly can quote a post you're responding to somewhere in the topic, however...Jason is simply asking in his guidelines that you not quote an entire post when you're responding directly beneath it. There's really no reason to. If you need to quote a line or two, there's no problem with that. Pretty simple stuff.

-Mary Ann
Unread 11-26-2007, 03:10 AM   #9
mich_l81
WTB? Expert

I've got a question about inserting pictures. Is the only way to post pictures by linking to a URL (that seems to be the case when hitting the "Insert Image" button. I was just curious because I tried posting a picture that accompanied an article and it wouldn't let me post the picture saved to my desktop.
Not a big deal, just wondering.
mich_l81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #10
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

I thought it would be good if I "bumped" this topic for our new members. See the first post by Anneli. (http://forums.wtbr.com/showpost.php?p=38784&postcount=1) If you have any questions about these guidelines, do not hesitate to ask one of our Moderators. We're always here to help in any way we can.

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote