Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? Fan Fiction > Fan Fiction Comments

Fan Fiction Comments Read a Fan Fiction on WTB?R that you really like? Talk about it here!

Unread 11-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

Angela's Journal, Volume 8

I almost hate to put this thing up because it means the beginning of the end of the journals... as if not putting it up might keep it from ending. It comes with much the same feelings that come with the episode whenever it comes along. But maybe we can pursuade Angie to continue on further than the series did.

Anyway, here it is, and as usual, a fully engrossing and mesmerizing read.
Angela's Journal, Volume 8.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

I thought I'd mention, Angie, that I happened to look at the stats for your story right after I posted it and within 3 minutes of me posting it, it already had 7 reads. Being that there was only one other member on the site in that time, I think you might be a fan favorite writer for our regular guests, as well. Cool.

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Unread 11-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
madewy
WTB? Expert

Hmmm. Locked out of the 'reviews' again. So I am compelled to comment here on Angie's most recent entry in hers and Angela's journal. You are a wonderful writer Angie, as is your pal Angela. She (and you) have combined just the right ingredients to pen a compelling read and memoir of hers and Tony's history.

I find Angie's view of their seven years so far more than true and reasonable. I found and find it full of pathos and delight, laughs and tears, charm and tragedy in just the right proportions.

I'm thrilled that you have stayed true to your vision while also staying true to the show's 'prime directive'. Brava.
Unread 11-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

I am befuddled as to why that keeps happening, madewy. I suppose you've tried this already, but when that does happen, maybe refresh the page first. If that doesn't work try logging out of the fanfic section and logging back in. If it's still a no-go, log out of the fanfics, empty the cache and try a total restart of your computer then log back in and see if it allows you to review. Just curious, I remember you got another name (pilot5 I think) the last time this happened; are you locked out on that name too or just on "madewy?"

-Mary Ann
Unread 11-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
madewy
WTB? Expert

I've tried just about everything that I can understand Anneli . The only thing that works for me when this happens is to go in (If I can remember how) and start from scratch getting a new name (number) from the system. It just seemed so much easier to write a review in the topic. I hope that was ok.

I don't know why it happens. I just know I really wanted to comment on this latest gem from Angie. And no, when one doesn't work the other doesn't either.
Unread 11-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #6
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

It's just fine to review here. I just don't get it though. I wish I could fix that for you. I'm sorry.

-Mary Ann
Unread 11-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
deefanforever
Diamond Member

Oh finally!! I have waited patiently for this. I cannot wait to read it.
Unread 11-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
angie1379
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneli View Post
in the interest of constructive criticism and because I know you are a writer who is okay with that, I'm going to say some of them felt heavy and wordy to me. It seems like there were moments when 4 or 5 sentences could have been put together into one or two of your powerful sentences that might have been enough, and added more 'ooomph' too, sort of the way that kiss said so much more in only a moment. It could be that it feels incongruent to the moment to me because that small moment in the swan and the kiss encompassed seven years of their relationship, so it would seem that her journal entry might have done the same thing...been cumulating thoughts reflecting the lightness and freedom she had to be feeling, versus the heavy thoughts she's had in the past when things weren't so clear, I guess?
Anneli, I've been meaning to respond to your review for days now, but I've been swamped with grading and work. I decided to respond here because I figured you're more likely to see it here than in the fanfic section. I hope you don't mind.

First of all, thanks to everyone for the hearty reviews, and especially for anneli's honest assessment, part of which is quoted above. You're right, I very much do value a constructive critique, especially from an equally talented writer. There is no doubt this was a heavy episode to recount (possibly second only to TAN), and I've had a lot of years to think about how it would all pour out. Ultimately, though, I just couldn't stop writing, even as I recognized that I was repeating things I'd written in other entries and drawing out every last bit of minutia. But it seemed to me that Angela would want to remember every detail of what she was feeling on this very monumental night that was seven years in the making. I also found it an irresistible challenge to reconcile the joy and relief she must have felt at the end of the night with the anger and frustration that dominated so much of the evening. Her emotions really ran the gamut that day -- from the unexpected resolve in the watch shop, to the embarrassed disappointment over the seat covers, to the escelating anger and bitterness at the carnival, to finally, the almost disbelieving happiness in the tunnel of love. All of those emotions were so pronounced, and they guided her decisions so clearly that I just had to explore them all.

But you definitely have me thinking about the undeniable power of understated simplicity. While I (obviously) didn't choose that route with this long-winded entry, I have a feeling that season eight is going to provide me with a very specific and unique opportunity to make valuable use of that little gem of a literary device. Gee, is that a cryptic enough allusion?

If nothing else, I hope I shed some light on some of my reasoning. And by all means, keep the thoughts coming.

ANGELA: But Tony, the best times of my life are with you.
angie1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
bramsgrammy

I'm new to this site. I see you are talking about Angela's Journal, Vol 8. Are there other volumes and where can I find them to read? Thanks.

Last edited by Anneli; 11-18-2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: caps
bramsgrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #10
WillTruman

Try the FanFic section of this website for all the answers:

http://archives.wtbr.com/

(Also accessible by simply clicking the "Fan Fiction" button at the top of the page.)