Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > Who's The Boss?

Who's The Boss? Use this Forum to discuss Who's the Boss? and anything pertaining to the show.

Unread 05-17-2006, 12:09 AM   #1
angie1379
WTB? Expert

Inconsistencies

Something funny caught my eye as I was watching "My Fair Tony," which is Tony's first semester in college when he takes the speech class. It his episode, my freaky attention to detail noticed that in all the classroom scenes, the desks are designed for left-handers. As a left-hander, I notice when things would accomodate me, and every time Tony got up, he stood to the right, and the arm rest of the desk was on the left. It just seem weird to me that they would round up 20-some left-handed desks (which aren't exactly easy to come by) in oder to accomodate the desired blocking for the scenes.

Another moments that wasunusual: In The All-Nighter, Sam comes in "the morning after" carrying the flowers for Angela. Why exactly was she out and about at 7 a.m. She hadn't started Ridgemont yet, so she still lived at home. Jonathan wasn't even up yet and Tony was trying to sneak into the house before any got up, yet sam was up, dressed, and out and about. Hmmm ...

What are some other entrances or exits that make no sense or other "accomodations" that just don't fit?

ANGELA: But Tony, the best times of my life are with you.
angie1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
charmedcherie
WTB? Expert

Hmmm, interestng observations, Angie. It's funny you should mention inconsistant exits, because every time Jonathan leaves; I've often thought to myself, "Where the heck does he go?"
"I'll tell ya Judith and I are quite a pair. In real life, we're both married — to different people. But I'm in love with her ability; she's a terrific actress, and she's really great at comedy, and I do feel a strong love for her. So I guess that's why it's so easy for the two of us to play at sexual tension."

--Tony Danza on friend and co-star Judith Light

"The love of this woman grounded him..." {Taken from a wtb? special, although I'm not sure which one, lol}
charmedcherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
Anneli
Administrator/Co-Owner

angie1379, I love this topic! The only thing that pops into my mind right now is something I saw when I was watching Sam Accelerates the other day. Angela was talking to Mona about the guy named Duane that she is trying to avoid (who is later identified as a client of Angela's) and how his "lips kind of curled into a sneer" and he tried to kiss her.

Later, just before Duane kissed Angela in the doorway, he referred to their night out as a "date" and she corrected him and said it wasn't a date...200 people were there, it was a sales meeting. So I'm curious, if this is someone she is trying to avoid, why are they riding together? And even if they have to ride together, why would she let him drive...so that it feels like a date and puts him in a position to walk her to the door? Doesn't it seem more logical that even if they have to ride together that she would drive so that she can drop him off at home and then drive away? Or better yet, if he's a client, could she not have arranged some kind of company transportation for him? Hmmm...???

angie, if you ever want to loan us your eagle eyes, I could use help spotting things for the Sunday Afternoon Diversions!

It's not who you are to the world, it's who you are to me. It's not how many times I say I love you... it's how much I really do.
-Mary Ann
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 07:17 AM   #4
T&Afan
Silver Member

Has anyone else noticed the inconsistency of Angela's singing voice? 'Cause in one episode she sounds horrible, then the next episode she sings she sounds pretty good, and then the next episode she sings she sounds horrible again.
What power?
The power of hoodoo.
Who do?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of a man.
What man?
The man with the power.
T&Afan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2006, 09:21 AM   #5
Listner
WTB? Expert

Things that make you go "hmmm"...

In the famous Pilot scene, the doorbell rings, no one answer it, and than Angela asks Jonathan who it is, he checks, "Just some guy,"..."Well what does he want?" "How should I know, he's just standing out there" etc. Because of the exchange between the two characters, it takes Angela quite a while to actually get downstairs and open the door.

But in the "The Way We Was" the door gets answered in a fraction of the time. Is this because Tony "knocks" on the door instead?
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
jathlon
Golden Member

Once you have those two scenes out to study the differences, take note of the time that Angela and Tony "look" at each other once the door is open. I like the way it was played in "The Way We Was" but in other parts of the scene it makes you wonder how much trouble it would have been to get a copy of the original tape and at least get the basics right.

Tim
ANGELA: You know Tony, I think you and I have the same fire in our souls.

jathlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2006, 10:11 PM   #7
Listner
WTB? Expert

I have always loved that somewhat self-assured goofy look Tony has on his face in "The Way We Was" when Angela opens the door.

I also love that episode because Alyssa, (even though a couple of years older than she's suppose to be) and Tony seem so much like a real Father and Daughter in the scenes in their apartment and before he "Rings", "Knocks" on the Bower's door. They seem like it's just the two of them taking on the rest of the world. She's so cute and proud when she says, "You even got the Fish! smell out too!"
Listner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #8
angie1379
WTB? Expert

Sam's grade level

And so I may have found another. Though I looked, I could not find any mention of this particular inconsistency.

In "Big Girl on Campus," Sam is identified as a high school freshman, which is in keeping with her grade level per season thus far. However, later in season four -- in both "The Matriculator" and "Prom Night II" -- she is a sophomore. And as far as I can tell, she remains a sophomore throughout all of season five becasue I believe she is also in 10th grade in "In Sam We Trust." In season six, she becomes a junior, as proven in Sam Accelerates."

Just thought I point it out.

ANGELA: But Tony, the best times of my life are with you.
angie1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 08:09 AM   #9
OakHillsDrive
WTB? Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listner
In the famous Pilot scene, the doorbell rings, no one answer it, and than Angela asks Jonathan who it is, he checks, "Just some guy,"..."Well what does he want?" "How should I know, he's just standing out there" etc. Because of the exchange between the two characters, it takes Angela quite a while to actually get downstairs and open the door.

But in the "The Way We Was" the door gets answered in a fraction of the time. Is this because Tony "knocks" on the door instead?
I posted this somewhere else, but I'll repost it here. Speaking of the door:

Did you ever notice the mail box? I know this just me, but I think it's funny how in half the episodes the mailbox is a slit in the door and the rest, its actually a mail box on the porch? The door mailbox doesn't show up until somewhere between episode #31-46. I believe it was for Jonathan Plays Cupid. Fun thing is that the mailbox in the door isn't there in the pilot, but it is when they "redo" the opening in "The Way We Was" and its missing again in the third "redo" in Savor the Veal III. Tony seems to change that door around alot.

Just like the doorbell/knock in the "Way We Was", you would think that they would take enough time to at least get the door right.
OakHillsDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #10
amy00
Silver Member

Well I just found this haha...In episode "Heather can wait" (Season 5) the neighbors (The Harpers), just introduced to the Bower-Micelli their doughter named Heather, but on episode "Party Politics"(Season 7) they had a son named Adam, where did Heather go, and where was Adam when they moved to the neighborhood??
amy00 is offline   Reply With Quote