Home | Articles | Bloopers | Episode Guide | Fan Fiction | FAQ | Forums | Gallery | Links | Transcripts
The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums
WTB?R Home • Message Forums

Go Back   The Who's the Boss? Resource :: Message Forums > Who's the Boss? > Who's The Boss?

Who's The Boss? Use this Forum to discuss Who's the Boss? and anything pertaining to the show.

Unread 05-20-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
SitcomJon

What does "Who's the Boss?" mean to you?

I'm sure this question has been asked before. What does it mean to you?

For me; it has a very special meaning. It's been around my whole life; premiering when I was two-years-old. My Mother; who died when I was 18-years-old, watched the who religiously. I can recall sitting with her in hear easy chair,eating popcorn, and watching "Who's the Boss?" The theme song, the way the house looked, the characters all had a charm that has appealed to me my entire life. Every time I watch WTB?; I fee like I've gone home to see my family for Christmas. I watch WTB? when I'm feeling alone as if I have nobody in the World and I always feel better; as if I'm home with my family and everything is suddenly right with the World. That may sound a little corny and maybe a little bit unstable; but, it really does help me when I'm down. I'm an only child who just about has no family left; and, WTB? is good therapy for me. I went through a recent struggle with some cousins ( the only relatives I really have left) and my Uncle's inheritance. My cousins have completely black balled by my father and me from the family all over the way a pathetic little amount of money was handled. My Dad did the right thing; but, they obviously wanted to do the wrong thing and obvious;y didn't like being stopped in their tracks. Already feeling like I was being shunned by the relatives anyway; this made me feel even worse and more alone. I felt about as unwanted as you can get and felt as if I had no family whatsoever aside form my Dad. I still feel that way; unfortunately. When I was feeling my very worst; I just turned on WTB? and saw the family I felt that I always wanted. I never tear up at the show's open;but, I did that time. After a while; I had forgotten my troubles and just felt like I was at home. It was really a nice feeling. There are no shows made today that make me feel that way. WTB? really makes me feel like I'm at home with family. It also reminds me of the nights watching it with my mother when I was very young. "Who's the Boss?" will always evoke those feelings in me. I would love to thank producer Blake Hunter and each cast member personally for positively impacting and influencing my life. Maybe some day; I'll get that opportunity.

What does WTB? mean to some of you?
SitcomJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
dreamtonette
Diamond Member

Thank you for your open, honest post. This is a nice idea for a thread, and I'm glad to have the opportunity to do some self-reflecting as well.

Growing up, I was always on the socially anxious side and had a hard time forming and maintaining deeper, long-lasting friendships. Sitcom characters have always been friends for me. I've aligned myself with characters that I admired, that I felt were like me in some way. I've imagined situations where I was a part of their world, interacting with them in real life. They'd listen to me, include me, and make me feel more like an insider. I started watching WTB? ten years ago, when I was 14. I always felt very drawn to Angela, so she became my surrogate friend from this show, if you will. I don't watch it regularly (although I'm very excited that it will be on TV Land soon! ), but when I do, there's also that sense of coming home. The familiarity and the sheer genius of the characters and their situations. I think at age 14 I had a fairly decent head on my shoulders, marched to the beat of my own drum, enjoyed being different for liking things older than my time. That confidence has long since faded, so watching the show brings me back to when things felt good, and I had some friends to run off to in my mind. It also shows me how beautiful deep, trusting relationships can be, and gives me hope that maybe someday, I'll get lucky like Angela did.

The theme song has been speaking to me lately as well, mainly the first line from the first season: "There is more to life than what you're living." I've been frustrated with many things over the last few years and things have felt very stagnant. It makes me sad to sing along to that line because I'm in my prime, afraid of time running out and missing out on really living. I've mourned the fact that I have yet to move past that stage, but there's always that ongoing hope for a brand new life around the bend.

Last edited by dreamtonette; 05-25-2014 at 08:47 PM.
dreamtonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Who's the Boss? has had a such a huge impact on my life...

Little back story: It's always been my favorite show, even as a child. I grew up watching it and just loved it. I remember watching it with my mom so it was special even then. Watching it after I grew up was a whole other experience, I appreciate and understand it even more. I don't remember a time without WTB?.

Ten years ago , in July, I joined this group and never left. I made a bunch of friends, who I now pretty much consider family. Thanks to WTB? (R) I also met my Allie (sitcomgirl). We have been together for 4+ years now. Without the show, we just wouldn't be. Simple as that.

So to me, WTB? means, friends, family and love! Which is pretty much what the show is about eh!

Great thread!

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 05:56 PM   #4
dreamtonette
Diamond Member

^^I can't believe it's been four years already. Mazel Tov!
dreamtonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2014, 06:39 AM   #5
Mims27
Administrator/Co-Owner

Sometimes I can't believe it either!! Thanks!

Love knows no distance! <3
Mims27 is offline   Reply With Quote